Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From all accounts Miers had a good game kicking 7 goals. He can turn most defenders inside out and he reads the ball well when it comes to him, however; if you put a defender with speed and agility who can also read the ball well on him he doesn't go as well. Congrats to him on a good year.
i.e. GWV Rebel Flynn Appleby never gave Miers a sniff holding him goalless when he played on him in TAC Cup Round 14 in a game where the Falcons absolutely dominated the GWV Rebels.

Hey Bishop, who do you see as the likely/best options for North's 4 and 21?

They'll end up with whatever is left over at Pick 4 - but smart 'marketing' will see them talk about how that players was 1st or 2nd on their wanted list type of thing.

I'd suggest at the moment the only pick I could be sure about would be Dow at Pick 1. But I think after that its a raffle out of Rayner, LDU,Cerra, Coffield, Stephenson who could be there at Pick 4 for North.

At Pick 21, I expect someone like a Ryley Stoddart/Lochie O'Brien type may be available to add some class across half back. But I do fear that both could be gone, or at least Stoddart who shouldn't get past Blues 2nd pick.

They'll end up with whatever is left over at Pick 4 - but smart 'marketing' will see them talk about how that players was 1st or 2nd on their wanted list type of thing.

I'd suggest at the moment the only pick I could be sure about would be Dow at Pick 1. But I think after that its a raffle out of Rayner, LDU,Cerra, Coffield, Stephenson who could be there at Pick 4 for North.

At Pick 21, I expect someone like a Ryley Stoddart/Lochie O'Brien type may be available to add some class across half back. But I do fear that both could be gone, or at least Stoddart who shouldn't get past Blues 2nd pick.
Thanks mate.

Rumour is that Dow said he isn't interested in playing for the qld clubs and has told them as such. LDU, Stephenson or Coffield are my ideal choices after Dow.

O'Brien would surely go before 21.

Bishop Do you think Coffield will last to our first pick and if he does will we take him because imo that would be a steal

Thanks mate.

Rumour is that Dow said he isn't interested in playing for the qld clubs and has told them as such. LDU, Stephenson or Coffield are my ideal choices after Dow.

O'Brien would surely go before 21.

Not at all true from what I've heard.

Bishop Do you think Coffield will last to our first pick and if he does will we take him because imo that would be a steal

Not a chance. Will be gone by Pick 8.

Coffield dreaming - getting the vibe Balta is slipping down into the 2nd-3rd round.
Is there any reason for Balta slipping that far down? I know his skills and decision making need some work but I would have thought someone would take a punt on him in the first round. Although I must admit he has a bit of a Jono Marsh about him and he went really late.

Hey Bishop,

Who do you see Carlton targeting with pick 3, 38,56 and 75?

Pick 3 I think will be one of: Dow, Cerra, LDU, Constable, Coffield, Stephenson & Rayner (no particular order)

Pick 38 they'd ideally want Ryley Stoddart - but I'd expect him to be gone.

Also know they're keen somewhat on Jackson Ross, so he might fit in with one of their later 3 picks.

Is there any reason for Balta slipping that far down? I know his skills and decision making need some work but I would have thought someone would take a punt on him in the first round. Although I must admit he has a bit of a Jono Marsh about him and he went really late.

The issue with Noah is where does he play/what is he? If you look at his strengths/weaknesses, it's really hard to view him.

Has all these great athletic traits, but has no clear No.1 positon - his work as a "key tall" needs a lot of work.

He's a lot like Jono Marsh, I've got him inside my top 20 -- But I know at club level there's a few differing views. A player that has a lot of upside - but at the same time a lot of risk.

Looks as though we will go into the draft with our two first round picks Bishop . What do you think of that? Would you trade up/down to get certain players? Who would you take atm?

Looks as though we will go into the draft with our two first round picks Bishop . What do you think of that? Would you trade up/down to get certain players? Who would you take atm?

There's nobody in this draft pool I'd be trading up for. Happy to go with two & then grab Naish.

I'd ideally look for a tall & rebounding HBF.

So maybe a Brander & then a Matt Ling/Lochie O'Brien/Ryley Stoddart type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nobody in this draft pool I'd be trading up for. Happy to go with two & then grab Naish.

I'd ideally look for a tall & rebounding HBF.

So maybe a Brander & then a Matt Ling/Lochie O'Brien/Ryley Stoddart type.
No way Brander lasts till our current first pick surely

Bishop after Dan's interview today stating that we intend to take our picks to the draft

What would be the chances of us bidding for Ballenden and would you prefer him to Balta if the lions didnt match at #15

i.e. GWV Rebel Flynn Appleby never gave Miers a sniff holding him goalless when he played on him in TAC Cup Round 14 in a game where the Falcons absolutely dominated the GWV Rebels.
Agree, you know who from Cannons kept him to one goal.

Bish, interested in your thoughts of the draft chances/ranges of Caulfield Grammar boys Dylan Moore, Trent Mynott, Gus Styles, Jackson Hille, Lachie Harris and I'll throw in Isaac Morrisby

Also helps when Miers' opponent is focused on defending too. Smith great offensively but got caught ball watching and didn't pay him enough respect. Nagle was better. Appleby played him perfectly. Not let him have an inch.

Bishop after Dan's interview today stating that we intend to take our picks to the draft

What would be the chances of us bidding for Ballenden and would you prefer him to Balta if the lions didnt match at #15

Think it'd be a chance they bid on Ballenden, him & Balta are completely different players. Balta I'm drafting as a tall defender or someone who made progress into a midfielder. Ballenden is a KPF/Ruck.

Bish, interested in your thoughts of the draft chances/ranges of Caulfield Grammar boys Dylan Moore, Trent Mynott, Gus Styles, Jackson Hille, Lachie Harris and I'll throw in Isaac Morrisby

Moore - 2nd round + (Best of the lot)
Mynott - 3rd round + (A solid performer throughout the year)
Styles - For me I'd rookie-undraft him, there's something about him that I don't like (I reckon a club might take him 3rd round +)
Hille - Rookie-Undrafted (Has a little bit of AFL interest, and has done some ok things in the defensive half & rucking for CGS)
Harris - Undrafted (Think the Lions will overlook him, will be a good player for the Fields in VAFA)
Morrisiby - Undrafted (Lacks agility and is a 1980s mark/kick player. Will be another good player for Caulfield Grammarians)

Lions are matching any bid after pick 11.

No chance Brisbane do not match a Richmond bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back