News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news.

I'd like to see us employ someone who can support the Koori boys, and help them transition to life in the big smoke and stuff. Tigers did it last year and their indigenous boys are playing career best footy this year. Might give us a leg up when recruiting as well, because I see us being behind the 8 ball when it comes to recruiting indigenous footballers. The Heretier thing has really set up back a bit I reckon in this regard.

So the guy who was charged with leading the playing group during the era of racist and homophobic taunts amongst our players, is now in charge of culture and leadership?

Sounds like a great idea :thumbsu:

lol.

Seriously, who has blamed the AFL Womens side for their counterparts poor showing since 2012?

I'm genuinely curious?
There seems to be a theory that the Wonens' side decreases the resources available for the men. A number of people have expressed that view.

So the guy who was charged with leading the playing group during the era of racist and homophobic taunts amongst our players, is now in charge of culture and leadership?

Didn't Maxy appear in Lumumba's documentary?

He's also the same guy that kept a group of different personalities together.
I agree, it is a great idea.

There seems to be a theory that the Wonens' side decreases the resources available for the men. A number of people have expressed that view.
That would be an interesting question, we don't know of course and can only speculate however if it were the case that the womens and netball teams are taking away resources in the name of expanding the brand then I would be totally against it.

That would be an interesting question, we don't know of course and can only speculate however if it were the case that the womens and netball teams are taking away resources in the name of expanding the brand then I would be totally against it.
can also work the other way ie Maxy may have not come for a part time role with a mens only team but with the extra work across mens, womens, netball he has a near full time role (still doing some with Storm I believe) and it's easier for us to attract the right people.

Probably more like putting aflw and netball on his title reduces his cost to the football dept cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxy was the backline General in a Premiership year.
WTF isn't he in the box in charge of the back 6?
Another right royal glory be up by Ed and co.
We are a shambles. Even the obvious is not seen by our useless admin.
The problem with this BW is that Maxwell wants to be more a part of Admin or Executive, not coaching.
Just finished his MBA and has publicly stated he wants a career in management.

It's not about what Maxy wants, it's what the club needs.
But that is a different topic all together.
You said Maxy should be coaching. I was merely pointing out that is not what he wants to do.
If you think the appointment is crap and we should have spent money on a coach instead of this appointment then that is another thing.

The club doesn't need a guy who's forced in to a role he doesn't want to be in.

I have a feeling that during the job interview Nick didn't have a gun put to his head by Eddie.

Why would he, or anyone, allow themselves to be forced into a job? Not like he was already working at the club and was forced to move sideways or something.

can also work the other way ie Maxy may have not come for a part time role with a mens only team but with the extra work across mens, womens, netball he has a near full time role (still doing some with Storm I believe) and it's easier for us to attract the right people.
That's the role he'll be undertaking, hazard a guess that won't effect his impact - working across all the teams, if it were to effect his role I'd be barking loudly at the club to put him in the role only for the men's team

I have a feeling that during the job interview Nick didn't have a gun put to his head by Eddie.

Why would he, or anyone, allow themselves to be forced into a job? Not like he was already working at the club and was forced to move sideways or something.
Did I say that? You might want to go back and get some context of the conversation.

Some people look to blame anything & everything when consistant failure is on the doorstep.
If the Club was experiencing on field success, the issue of Women's sports teams etc would not be raised in a negative way.
A successful on field team requires a perfect storm of recruiting, development, trading, coaching, administration, player attitude/culture, timing & luck.
Attempting to build a case that Women's sports teams have shifted the focus of Collingwood & resulted in on field failure is incorrect & misguided.

Food for though, Maxy was the "leadership" manager at the giants (and runner). I look at the on field leadership group at gws and looks like a lot of infighting this year; that given how much do we really rate for the same role at our club?

Food for though, Maxy was the "leadership" manager at the giants (and runner). I look at the on field leadership group at gws and looks like a lot of infighting this year; that given how much do we really rate for the same role at our club?
Yeah, but to be fair he probably to deal with Heath Shaw telling them all to do the opposite of whatever he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back