List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kitch

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton supporters do it at both ends. They overate what they deserve for their players and expect to pay peanuts for acquisitions.
Yes, given that it was said that we would sort it out with GWS. I reckon they wouldn't be too happy when we say, pick 17 and spare change is all you get from us as that's all we were prepared to pay for Gibbs.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
You've been over this a billion times. Marchbank, Plowman and Pickett are no spuds.

We took spuds as salary dumps (Sumner, Lamb, Palmer, Gorringe) to lower the draft price of the players we actually wanted (Marchbank, Plowman, Pickett).

We got [Plowman (former pick 3) and Pick 8] from the Giants in exchange for Picks 17 + 28.

They would only do it if we also agreed to take Sumner, Lamb and Phillips of their hands (freeing up a million in S/C space for them)

We got [Marchbank (former pick 6), Pickett (pick 4) and pick 32], in exchange for [15 + 45 + 58]. Pick 32 has about the same points value as 45 + 58 so they cancel out, making it essentially Marchbank and Pickett for pick 15 this year.

Again, they would only agree to do it if we picked up Palmer, which we did (trading a token pick of 135 to do it) letting them dump his salary and freeing up salary cap space for the Giants.

Talk this year is we're eying off another salary dump from the Giants to lower the price of the blokes we want. Griffen is a name that has been floated.
Edited For Accuracy...........and frankly you're becoming boring and tiresome on the subject,

shannan74

Senior List
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Carlton need to trade the coach seriously what a flog he looks like that MAD comic character.

For those that have had duels with a few Carlton posters in this thread, bare this in mind. As much as they hate us, their hatred of Richmond makes our hatred of Port, a love affair. It must hurt them a lot seeing both of us play off in the grand final.

They are also delusional if they believe they are playing in a grand final in less than 6 years.

Can someone explain to me wtf does carltons list management fapping over gws rejects have to with anything to do with us, and why do we have to put up with 1000 delusion posts over their piece of s**t list 'going places'.We got it the first million times.

The Carlton posters are in a world of pain. Its so cute on their board, they believe if Richmond can reach a grand final, they are within reach.

Mind you our neighbours have the same philosophy as well.

Have either Smith or Kennedy, or anyone representing them, declared a desire to go to Carlton?
Believe Smith is currently favouring Cats over Blues... but Ablett also wants to move to Cats & they only have 2x 2nd rounders.

Stringer choosing this week between Dons & Cats. Think will be easier for him to get to Dons, who want to play him more in the midfield.

Saad has also requested a trade back to Melbourne.

PS. Rockliff likely to be at Carlton or Port.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Aside from Ablett no-one has publicly declared an desire to go anywhere yet.

Im just reporting what those in the know and the media are suggesting.
I asked because I genuinely didn't know. That being the case, I'm starting to get the impression you may be prone to counting your chickens before they hatch. It wasn't long ago you were expressing quite a bit of confidence in this thread regarding Kelly, and we all know how that ended.

Aside from Ablett no-one has publicly declared an desire to go anywhere yet.

Im just reporting what those in the know and the media are suggesting.

If Gibbs wants to jump off the sinking ship he is not going to announce it while the team he wants to go to is playing its biggest game in 19 years.

Lets wait and see by the end of next week what transpires.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Gibbs wants to jump off the sinking ship he is not going to announce it while the team he wants to go to is playing its biggest game in 19 years.

Lets wait and see by the end of next week what transpires.

Usually happens after the best and fairest night which officially ends the commitments for the year. Then it's nah I'm outta there.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Believe Smith is currently favouring Cats over Blues... but Ablett also wants to move to Cats & they only have 2x 2nd rounders.
Stringer choosing this week between Dons & Cats. Think will be easier for him to get to Dons, who want to play him more in the midfield.
Saad has also requested a trade back to Melbourne.

PS. Rockliff likely to be at Carlton or Port.
If Rockliff goes to Carlton, they'll be more likely to release Gibbs for fair value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back