Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

.....and I'll give you this for free.

For all the bollocks of Inside 50's, turnovers, rebound attacks and Skippy's sperm count, only one thing counts at the end.
[nods] ... survival.

[mugs Stig and runs off into the wilderness]

yes - it is enough to make you psychologically travel around the curvy part of the river bank............
Its all ******* curvy now, the straight bits keep falling in because the trees are dead.

What a unique talent Fev is / was. A winner of the GF half time sprint and the Fox Footy Longest Kick.
Did alright as a full forward but couldn't keep his sh*t together.
Hope things are going well for him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an article re: Gaudry's axing...

But this is not the case now. Gaudry's removal from the club CEO landscape further clouds that picture at a time when former AFL football boss Simon Lethlean is looking to step into one of the vacant roles with some significant encouragement from his former boss Gillon McLachlan. Despite McLachlan's stated view that Lethlean could not return to head office he has strongly recommended him for club jobs, with vacancies at Collingwood, the Western Bulldogs and now Hawthorn.

Intriguingly Carlton has denied its chief executive Steven Trigg is on the way out and returning to Adelaide to live but Collingwood firmly believes Lethlean has been offered the Blues job.

Link

Kinda funny story

One of my best friends works at Nike HQ in Melbourne. Today she grabbed me a couple of the new Golden State Nike NBA jerseys

Tonight on IG, Kouta posts a pic of his family and a current player at Nike so I send it to my friend ... "looks like this was taken at our work! "

She replies "yeah I saw them ! Who are they ? The young guy on the left wanted your jersey, but it was the last one so I managed to grab it from him !"

said young guy, was Patty Cripps

Kinda funny story

One of my best friends works at Nike HQ in Melbourne. Today she grabbed me a couple of the new Golden State Nike NBA jerseys

Tonight on IG, Kouta posts a pic of his family and a current player at Nike so I send it to my friend ... "looks like this was taken at our work! "

She replies "yeah I saw them ! Who are they ? The young guy on the left wanted your jersey, but it was the last one so I managed to grab it from him !"

Thanks for disappointing a hopeful Cripps...

Kinda funny story

Kinda funny story

That's the spirit. Make him fight for everything he wants.

Feed the beast on anger and disappointment, just don't get between him and a clearance next season.

Do people potting the club/Trigg for our SSM statement have an alternative??

I thought it was refreshing, great not to be preached to and pressured into doing what all the media are telling us to do.

It's a personal matter, personal opinion, personal feeling. It's no one else's business.

*and of course I'll likely be the board bigot now, without anyone having any idea of my thoughts on it. That's how this works.

**sorry Aphrodite it was just mentioned in the Bluemour file a few times so I fired away. My bad :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Do people potting the club/Trigg for our SSM statement have an alternative??

I thought it was refreshing, great not to be preached to and pressured into doing what all the media are telling us to do.

It's a personal matter, personal opinion, personal feeling. It's no one else's business.

*and of course I'll likely be the board bigot now, without anyone having any idea of my thoughts on it. That's how this works.

Re SSM, I don't think you're a bigot, but the idea is that the choice for a same sex marriage couple to get married, should belong to the same sex couple, not every other Tom, Dick and ******* Harry. Hence why this stupid 'survey' that's designed to divide warrants individuals / groups taking a stand.

Re SSM, I don't think you're a bigot, but the idea is that the choice for a same sex marriage couple to get married, should belong to the same sex couple, not every other Tom, Dick and f@#king Harry. Hence why this stupid 'survey' that's designed to divide warrants individuals / groups taking a stand.
And the whole thing, billboards, tv ads, social media agendas, is completely tasteless and unnecessary. I can't see how our clubs statement fits into those categories?

This is all because elected officials don't have the guts to do it themselves.

Re SSM, I don't think you're a bigot, but the idea is that the choice for a same sex marriage couple to get married, should belong to the same sex couple, not every other Tom, Dick and f@#king Harry. Hence why this stupid 'survey' that's designed to divide warrants individuals / groups taking a stand.
It shouldn't be any business of the 'state' to be able to dictate our moral and cultural values, whichever side of the fence you sit on. It can only have laws to prevent us from actually harming the livelihood of others. That's why SSM is not as clear cut as some may think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back