Hodge to sign with Brisbane for two years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
He has held multiple discussions with Fagan and has also informed Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson of his expected move north.

“He (Chris Fagan) knew I was still passionate about playing footy,” Hodge told Channel 7.

“But I guess the main thing is we’ve got to make a decision about what’s best for the family as well. There’s still a lot of water to go under the bridge. I’ve obviously got to speak to Loz (wife Lauren), family and see what’s the best for us.

“I guess it's a discussion we’re not going to rush into. We’ve had a couple of chats with ‘Fages’ ... and I think both parties are interested.”

Source.

He has held multiple discussions with Fagan and has also informed Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson of his expected move north.

“He (Chris Fagan) knew I was still passionate about playing footy,” Hodge told Channel 7.

“But I guess the main thing is we’ve got to make a decision about what’s best for the family as well. There’s still a lot of water to go under the bridge. I’ve obviously got to speak to Loz (wife Lauren), family and see what’s the best for us.

“I guess it's a discussion we’re not going to rush into. We’ve had a couple of chats with ‘Fages’ ... and I think both parties are interested.”

Source.

Where did he say anything about 2 years and actually signing?

Would be a brilliant move for Brisbane. He's not the player he once was but their isn't a better on field leader and teacher I've seen with my own eyes than Luke Hodge. People can take their Franklins/Martins/Dangers. If I could pick anyone from the age of 18 to build a club around its Luke Hodge.

Hi,
New Poster. But have a legit scoop.

Can someone add this to the "Scandals and Rumours" thread. I am a long time reader of it.

Luke Hodge is going to Brisbane Lions today, source is a sponsor.

Thanks, I will post more soon.

Posted last Thursday on the Hawks trading thread by Catoggio76 and got basically ignored. Turns out it was a legitimate scoop.

upload_2017-9-27_23-55-47.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly senior players desperate to flee Hawthorn

One can only conclude that Hawthorn is indeed in crisis
One retired. One came ninth

Weirdly enough I'm happy for Hodge but understand the angst of some Hawthorn supporters. Onward and upward

Also - might mean our young leaders are "good enough". Just hope he doesn't threepeat with the Lions. That could make me cry a bit

Poor Gold Coast...
Stark contrast for me. Doesn't attract talent and, to quote Seeds the other day, is like North Korea - you can't get out

Some posters will find this hard to conceptualise but the fact this might happen makes Hawthorn MORE of a destination club - not less. Hawthorn, whether it is with its senior players or assistant coaches is all about professional development and if that PD is likely to be more fruitful at another location Clarko will back it. This is not logically inconsistent with Hawthorn's modus operandi.

Also - Hawthorn has way too many older players and Brisbane has a shortage.

This is going to be an interesting off season for the Hawks (my prediction) and this is only shock number 1 of many shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back