No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If the Suns don't accept what the Cats offer, he will have to. Only other option is to play for a club he doesn't want to be at, and has publicly stated as much.

Can't see how the AFL can force a trade a club refuses to be part of. Hope the Suns stand their ground.

It is hard for Gil. He has to put with the GCS who are a rabble, and then deal with their pet in Geelong. They give them everything they want, and this will be no different. They will pretend to do some hard bargaining, but in the end he will play at Geelong otherwise they will whine for the 2018 season.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Stringer is contracted so the dogs can just keep him if Essendon do not come up with a suitable deal

Yep, forgot that, thanks for the reminder. However,have the Dogs shot themselves in the foot and put too much bad blood between themselves and Stringer?
Can't see Stringer going back to play at the Dogs.

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Yep, forgot that, thanks for the reminder. However,have the Dogs shot themselves in the foot and put too much bad blood between themselves and Stringer?
Can't see Stringer going back to play at the Dogs.

I don't think the Bulldogs have really handled it the best. Soon as you come out and say "We want to trade X" it drops his value

we know that better than most unfortunately

navybluesince75

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think the Bulldogs have really handled it the best. Soon as you come out and say "We want to trade X" it drops his value

we know that better than most unfortunately
People who get on the wrong side of beveridge seem to get shoved out the door pretty quickly at the kennel, Michael Talia as another example

Nostalgia

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No way I would be funding his retirement if I was the Cats, Ablett simply wants them to cover the cost of his move home.

Minimum salary with incentives for games played and other KPI's or he can GAGF.

Suns should put out a statement wishing him well in his retirement without even waiting for an offer.

Entitled s**t
Ablett is one of those Pentecostal Christians - they are big on personal wealth generation. Tom Browne reported last night that Ablett donated the boots he wore on his 300th game to a charity. He attended the auction. The successful bidder paid $4000 and Pastor Ablett took half! Praise the Lord Jeeeesus. What a Flog!

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Ablett is one of those Pentecostal Christians - they are big on personal wealth generation. Tom Browne reported last night that Ablett donated the boots he wore on his 300th game to a charity. He attended the auction. The successful bidder paid $4000 and Pastor Ablett took half! Praise the Lord Jeeeesus. What a Flog!

So he donated one boot and sold the other. What a great guy.

This looks like an old article, but I've just discovered it via a BF ad banner. HOLY MOLY is Paul Roos a sanctimonius douche....

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/paul-roos-how-i-feel-about-gws/#GbsLlixXcRUjWeFg.97

I used to think that Roos was a bit of a coaching/pundit guru. It seems all that adulation by the media and the AFL begging him to save Melbourne has gone to his head.

This is such a poor article. He's trying to explain why accusations he harbours resentment to GWS are unfair and downright insulting. He then goes on to spend 1000 words bagging GWS, going over old ground of how they got things handed to them, shows how resentful he is about them muscling in on Sydney's turf, takes a personal swipe at Dave Matthews and to a lesser extent, Sheedy. And on and on. It's outrageous.

It's like my ex-best mate. I have nothing against that back-stabbing, double-crossing, no good, piece of s**t that wouldn't know decency if it ate his face off. I mean I have completely forgiven him and don't go around telling people he's duplicitous, morally-bankrupt, a poor father or that he is uglier than Joe Daniher's a-hole. I mean I am better than that, and any suggestions that I can't be objective about that grade-A, ****-eating, mother-*******, ****-head are just mean and insulting and I can't believe you would besmirch me like that.......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back