Once again we have a higher ranked team playing away gf - solution:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Again we have a higher ranked team playing an away gf.

Its not a fair solution - but you have to love the idea of a granny at the g - its an amazing venue.

So i was thinking - how can we even it up - and i thought - well you can trade future picks - why cant you trade future home finals.

And there it is - win lose or draw - after this weekend - richmond owe adelaide a home final.

So if next year richmond finish ABOVE adelaide - and the two meet in a final - they play in adelaide.

Evens things up a bit not 100% but better than nothing - keeps the g as a gf venue.

Tadaaaaa

Hit me up with more conundrums - im an ideas man.

Its one of the best attempts at a compromise i've seen. I like it "in theory" but the issue I have is VIC teams giving up future home games for just following the path. They didn't "decide" to play at the MCG so shouldn't have to "pay" to do so.

I think the best way to solve this dilemma is making sure every team during the H&A gets a suitable amount of games at the MCG. Cant have teams playing 12 games there and others playing 3, thats the real issue.

Still wont happen.

Its one of the best attempts at a compromise i've seen. I like it "in theory" but the issue I have is VIC teams giving up future home games for just following the path. They didn't "decide" to play at the MCG so shouldn't have to "pay" to do so.

I think the best way to solve this dilemma is making sure every team during the H&A gets a suitable amount of games at the MCG. Cant have teams playing 12 games there and others playing 3, thats the real issue.

Still wont happen.

Oh! I thought this problem was addressed with Eddie & Newbold's trip overseas to sort out the Equalisation problem they said we had.
Like in the States where they would have learnt that the highest ranked team gets the benefit in their sports.

Its not a fair solution - but you have to love the idea of a granny at the g - its an amazing venue.

So i was thinking - how can we even it up - and i thought - well you can trade future picks - why cant you trade future home finals.

And there it is - win lose or draw - after this weekend - richmond owe adelaide a home final.

So if next year richmond finish ABOVE adelaide - and the two meet in a final - they play in adelaide.

Evens things up a bit not 100% but better than nothing - keeps the g as a gf venue.

Tadaaaaa

Not a fan, what if we dont meet Adelaide in a final fir another 40 years. Would the 2057 Tigers play in Adelaide? Its just weird.

I dont have a solution myself, but maybe one day when we have other stadiums that can accomodate atleast 80,000, the GF venue could be set at the start of each year and rotated.

Oh! I thought this problem was addressed with Eddie & Newbold's trip overseas to sort out the Equalisation problem they said we had.
Like in the States where they would have learnt that the highest ranked team gets the benefit in their sports.

I dont know, 6 different teams in the GF over 3 grand finals seems that equalisation is working.
Pretty rich a Sydney fan crying foul over "equalisation"

If there was a fair system put in place and you just get unlucky and have to play an away gf, so be it.
But it is a little annoying having to travel because reasons.

Fwiw - my idea would have meant it was at the mcg anyway this Saturday, but at least you know it's because of a rotating system.

Ps. My idea is the gf is played in the defending champions state. So as the bulldogs won last year, it's at the mcg this year.

Before the 1990's, when only Melbourne and Richmond had it as their home ground, were there any complaints from the other vic teams about the grand final at the MCG if one of those two were involved?
I think the OP is an interesting one but I also think the problem is pretty minor in comparison to the other things that make the comp unequal

Fair enough, but considering the advantage non Vic clubs having during the H&A due to them having a genuine home ground advantage, giving them a higher position on the ladder going into finals, and thus more home finals in the first place then Vic teams that finish within 2 places of them should get the home final regardless.

Or is this just another 'only our disadvantages count and need to be made up for' thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but considering the advantage non Vic clubs having during the H&A due to them having a genuine home ground advantage, giving them a higher position on the ladder going into finals, and thus more home finals in the first place then Vic teams that finish within 2 places of them should get the home final regardless.

Or is this just another 'only our disadvantages count and need to be made up for' thread?
You can say that however then their away games are a disadvantage so they offset

I'm okay with the GF being interstate. However, the stadium has to have a capacity equal to that of the MCG (or near). The new WA stadium should have aimed for a greater capacity IMO. The supporter base is certainly there.

You also need the city able to take it as well.

Remember how the transport from Perth east gets swamped whenever a WA team plays in the GF? Now think of three times as many trying to go the other way...(more if the ground was bigger). Does the idea still appeal to you?

Remember how the transport from Perth east gets swamped whenever a WA team plays in the GF? Now think of three times as many trying to go the other way...(more if the ground was bigger). Does the idea still appeal to you?
That's up to the council to organize

Tadaaaaa

what drugs are you on and can i have some please?
you all know the rules,
you knew them when your team was admitted to the comp
you know where the grand final is held.
if you don't like it, start your own comp
simples

It's a problem that can be solved by removing 4 teams from Victoria & merging or relocating them interstate.
Like the Hawks making Tassie their home with North on alternative weeks.

what drugs are you on and can i have some please?
you all know the rules,
you knew them when your team was admitted to the comp
you know where the grand final is held.
if you don't like it, start your own comp
simples
You wouldn't say that if your team was disadvantaged. Hell you got a home final twice in 3 games being the away team

You would hope the infrastructure to the new stadium can handle it at 60K. It certainly needs to be considered, however you absolutely want that massive atmosphere you get at the MCG on GF day. I'm pretty certain the new stadium has the ability to be increased to 70K capacity if required which is starting to get close to the ballpark...

How about they give the 'away' team twice the supporter allocation of the 'home' team if they finished higher on the ladder.

If Adel had 34k carded supporters in the stands instead of 17k the whole playing at a foreign venue issue would be completely neutered.

If they don't sell those tickets, though, They go back to the pool as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back