Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

But what if teams didn't face each other? Have you thought about that?

Seriously! It's probably one of the few opportunities you've got to speak to the Crows before the GF and that's the best question you can ask, a hypothetical question about how the team stands before the national anthem. Way to focus on the important things.
I caught a bit of AA in the car on Saturday and Rucc was all over this critical issue.
"We've been talking about it all week...."
That's nice for you mate. Real footy journos have been talking about football.

I caught a bit of AA in the car on Saturday and Rucc was all over this critical issue.

It's a sad sign when people start referring to themselves in the plural.

He really has become an irrelevant "journalist" discussing the meaningless issues.

Complete joke to call himself the Chief Football reporter of any paper.

He really has become an irrelevant "journalist" discussing the meaningless issues.

Complete joke to call himself the Chief Football reporter of any paper.
It is an opportunity to show off how much he knows about international sports, though. I've learned so much about world national anthem traditions these past few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Rooch at 7:50 in the presser today he tries to create something and Fagan easily smacks him back down again.

Taking one for the team and quoting for posteriority .....

roach [e].jpg You're still surprised there's still so much .. questioning of what you do in the national anthem?
fages - smile [e].jpg Ah, look .. I just think there's a thirst for content when it comes to the AFL and it's absolutely fantastic and we're ... we want to prepare for the game to be ready .. and ready and focused, we've worked out something that has done that for us over the last couple of weeks. It's unusual to stand there for the national anthem, it's not a normal preparation .. and so you've got to, you know, come up with something that you think is going to have you best prepared, and the guys have got that at the moment .. and what others say about it is really up to them.
roach [e].jpg < speaking over another reporter, as usual > If you didn't have to face the opposition like we did like international sports where you're lined up looking at a national flag, would it make any difference to the players?
fages - smile [e].jpg Yeah, it's hard to deal in hypotheticals, mate, we don't ..
roach [e].jpg < butts in > No, but it's a simple ..
fages - smile [e].jpg .. it's ..
roach [e].jpg < talks over Fages > .. question ..
fages - smile [e].jpg .. yep, ..
roach [e].jpg < continues talking over Fages > .. if you have to change the routine to line up ..
fages - frown [e].jpg .. well we just ..
roach [e].jpg < going like a freight train now > .. like international teams ..
fages - frown [e].jpg .. just, yeah ..
roach [e].jpg < on fire! go girrl! > .. would it change ..
fages - wtf [e].jpg < thinks: FFS shut up Roach! ** > ... I can honestly say ..
roach [e].jpg .. what the team does?
fages - frown [e].jpg .. I can honestly say that we haven't thought about it cos we know we're facing the opposition, so they know that they're going to be staring at them, that's er .. you know, that's just the way it's, it's the way the structure works .. so if they were to suggest that it was going to change, well then, we'd address whether we do that or not.

[ ** ok, that might be me ]

and the only person who is pushing for the teams to stand in a line is Rucci. He's already had a cry and ran to the AFL about it to try and stop it.

It's the same rubbish that Rucci's been doing for years.

Everyone knows that his whole stance that "it's disrespectful to the anthem" is pure nonsense, it's just an angle he's using because he's too ashamed to admit that he jealous and worried that it's helping the Crows.

Port do something and Rucci declares "it's smart and innovative", Adelaide do something and Rucci gets scared and goes looking for an angle to complain about and then goes running to the AFL to try and stop it.

Rucci does everything by subterfuge and then goes on the radio and plays ignorant about it all and tries to argue his impartiality :drunk:

Last edited:
Let me confirm for everyone that Rucci definitely reads what we write on here.

I have relapse in my twitter handle so I decided to follow Rucci on twitter to see what he would do, clearly he recognised my handle from Bigfooty because he banned me straight away.

LOL

Thanks for the confirmation Rucci, clearly you're not overly bright because you've just outed yourself :thumbsu:

Just knowing that you're on here reading everything and then crying yourself to sleep every night about it is absolutely hilarious.

Ok
Enough
His writing is bad enough but just flicking through the Sadvertiser - much better reading without that Port s**t / and nearly jumped out of my skin when I turned to page 22

Scared the s**t out of me ! A warning on page 21 might have been nice

IMG_0589.JPG

Jesus Christ !!!!
That appalling

Ok
Enough
His writing is bad enough but just flicking through the Sadvertiser - much better reading without that Port s**t / and nearly jumped out of my skin when I turned to page 22

Scared the s**t out of me ! A warning on page 21 might have been nice

View attachment 421823

Jesus Christ !!!!
That appalling
Starting to look like Grandpa Munster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back