The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are elite flog and Vader flog ?

Just joking boys. Go Charles! Catch u in Melb
Oh how did I miss this.

Since I can't bloody sleep and have to get up in an hour I've given up, so here goes.

There seems to be some differing opinions of Charlie, one is despite his lack of offensive contribution and shitful use of the ball and finishing, his defensive pressure made up for it and he would turn it on in the finals.

As it turned out, he thankfully turned it on in the prelim and was an offensive weapon. It's interesting though that we are supposed to give him an apology based on him doing what we were critical of him not doing.

His game isn't being lauded for his defensive pressure but his goal scoring, funny that.

I called for him to be dropped in the later half of the year because his form deserved it. Others said he we was still performing, but at that stage he was performing a role no better than Petrenko.

As we approached the finals, it was too late to make a change. He was a clanger king against GWS but that didn't matter according to some, he still played well. Against Geelong he was a gun.

I hope like hell he reproduces his Geelong game in the GF and not the GWS because that will mean he will be turning the ball over to Richmond and with their speedy forwards could catch our defenders out of position.

Ironic, that's the most defensive post I've seen in this thread. Good try though :)

Alright lets talk Cameron shall we, seeing you like stats here is one:

f9b2073711806eb1e63a536a73ed07e5.png

There is nearly no change in any of those stats, i.e. there has been no improvement in how Cameron is actually impacting the game this season from the last, and for a developing player in Camerons experience bracket, stagnation is an abject failure. Especially considering he was looking like he had improved come the bye which has meant he's undone every bit of good work he had done in the second half of the season.

To extend on that cold streak, Rnd 14 to the Qualifying final - Cameron scores 5 goals in that time, averages about 12 disposals as well. That's Matty "Non-statistics" Wright/Jared Petrenko territory of potato there, made doubly worse due to Cameron is both in a side that is functioning well, and isn't forced to survive on his own like Petrenko was. How anyone can praise his season with that cold streak in it is beyond me.

Also nice mention of an article where his stats are better then any small forward playing. Thanks for linking it too and really proving your point instead of offering up some hearsay, and an appeal to an undisclosed authority.
It's already been linked

Oh how did I miss this.

Since I can't bloody sleep and have to get up in an hour I've given up, so here goes.

There seems to be some differing opinions of Charlie, one is despite his lack of offensive contribution and shitful use of the ball and finishing, his defensive pressure made up for it and he would turn it on in the finals.

As it turned out, he thankfully turned it on in the prelim and was an offensive weapon. It's interesting though that we are supposed to give him an apology based on him doing what we were critical of him not doing.

His game isn't being lauded for his defensive pressure but his goal scoring, funny that.

I called for him to be dropped in the later half of the year because his form deserved it. Others said he we was still performing, but at that stage he was performing a role no better than Petrenko.

As we approached the finals, it was too late to make a change. He was a clanger king against GWS but that didn't matter according to some, he still played well. Against Geelong he was a gun.

I hope like hell he reproduces his Geelong game in the GF and not the GWS because that will mean he will be turning the ball over to Richmond and with their speedy forwards could catch our defenders out of position.
petrenko :'(

Except you're looking at the wrong stats...

Perhaps try the following, which are KPI's for his role...

Over the past two seasons...

- Team points scored from turnovers created from his pressure. He's elite.
- Pressure acts. He's elite.
- Tackles i50. He's elite
- Score assists. He's elite.
- Kicks retained inside 50 (he may not always hit targets, but it's what results from those inside 50s that matters). He's also elite.

And of corse you're going to say to me "but, but, I don't have access to those stats!"

And I would reply with something along the lines of "Then perhaps don't try to slander a young bloke who is still in the early stages of his development at the top level, with meaningless, generic stats that apply to every other player across the competition, but do nothing to highlight his ability to fulfil the role he's chosen for. One he's extremely good at."

Perhaps spend an entire game watching him and only him, and you might start to get a glimpse of how hard he works for his teammates. You won't need to look at any stats after that :thumbsu:
Game over - Best post of the thread

Charles had a reasonably good 1st half of thr season offensively apart from a couple of games.

It's not until he was injured that his offensive game dropped off, apart from 2 games.

From the Collingwood game onwards his defensive game in terms of tackling picked up again.

He had a form slump...... So did a bunch of players.

Trading him off in other threads with the excuse "he won't be much of a loss" is fickle fan behaviour and plain poor judgement.

Just as poor as those trading off Brad last year as he struggled to gain form after returning from injury.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh how did I miss this.

You would have dropped him. So you were wrong! Simple :)

You had no confidence he would perform in finals and he got BOG
And that I was wrong, thankfully. I didnt think he would flick the switch.

That doesn't change the belief that he was playing well when he clearly wasn't.

Anyway GF day, let's hope I'm wrong again and he plays another blinder.

Love him or hate him, Cameron was one of the main reason we got to where we are today. I hope he can continue with this trend and get another belter of a game! Whenever Betts and Cameron play well in tandem during a match, it brings out the best of Crows fans and other Crows players alike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back