News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on Instagram by Heath yesterday, re concerns over this being the first step towards relocation:

24485aafd00d253b394d7230ddbdc11b.jpg

It is sad that our club have to expend energy responding to this after something wonderful has happened to our club.

Posted on Instagram by Heath yesterday, re concerns over this being the first step towards relocation:

24485aafd00d253b394d7230ddbdc11b.jpg
Regarding this redeveopment, I have seen the inital draft plan from the state govt and the proposed North plan. Fair to say there is a significant land grab from the club in their suggested layout. It will be interesting to see where the redevelopment negotiations actually end up.

The Arden revitilisaiton project is one of a number planned for the inner NorthWest, with an adjoining redevelopment on the cards for Kensington too. Re Arden, 15,000 extra people living within 2 km of the club, 34,000 jobs, new industries, new businesses and *loads of opportunity for the club to tap into. Why would the AFL even consider trying to ship the club out to tassie now? Makes zero ******* sense.

I had a similar moment to Saintly.....

I couldn't wait to tell my 3 primary school-aged daughters of the news yesterday. It's been a regular topic of conversation at our dinner table for some time, and within 1 minute of telling them I got a picture sent back from my wife of them fist-pumping the air in joy, absolutely pumped about it.

When you become a father of girls the world can shift some, and things like girls / women's sport and their opportunities in general can become a whole lot more important than they may have as a younger bloke so this is pretty special to me and my family.

That said, as an 'open minded realist' my brother once called me I also have some reservations about what we've possibly compromised to achieve this fantastic news. Does that mean I can't celebrate with my girls whilst remaining quietly cautious of the politics that may encroach on us down the track?

For me the biggest concern is the name that will appear on the ladder and fixtures Etc. If it's 'North Melbourne' then all good, carry on. If it's not, I'll be keeping a very keen eye on that thin edge of the wedge. Not because I don't 100% trust our club, but because the AFL are one of the most subtly corrupt organisations in this country and love conditioning the media to help them shift goalposts.

I understand the mix of views on this one but they aren't mutually exclusive.
I told my 6yo daughter and she replied with a disappointed 'aww, but I wanna watch Jacky boy (JZ).' I will try again in a few months.

They will be playing for both - it doesn't have be either/or in this scenario.
Why? So the Men get to play for the Mighty NMFC but the Women are treated like second class citizens and their only chance to play in the big league is for some Hybrid Joint Venture Nonsense that vaguely resembles our club. Sounds Unfair to me. :stern look

North Melbourne got a womens team. Tasmania got a womens team.

The girls are representing both depending on which State the game is being played in.
That's right. It sounds like a Co-Location Franchise. Not the North Melbourne Football Club. Who do you support Saintly? :stern look

Our identity is not eroded one iota.
That's your take because your dream of the North Tasmanian Tree Kangaroos is slowly coming to fruition. :stern look

If the jumper was in-between and tried to cover both as a compromise, I'd agree with you - but it doesn't, so I don't.
The last time I checked the new Women's Guernsey has a big dirty Map of Tassie on it so the jumper is "In-between". :stern look

Why? So the Men get to play for the Mighty NMFC but the Women are treated like second class citizens and their only chance to play in the big league is for some Hybrid Joint Venture Nonsense that vaguely resembles our club. Sounds Unfair to me. :stern look

That's right. It sounds like a Co-Location Franchise. Not the North Melbourne Football Club. Who do you support Saintly? :stern look

That's your take because your dream of the North Tasmanian Tree Kangaroos is slowly coming to fruition. :stern look

The last time I checked the new Women's Guernsey has a big dirty Map of Tassie on it so the jumper is "In-between". :stern look

That jumper is (as far as we're told) only to be used in Tasmania. It does not affect the North jumper.

Women have from all reports responded very positively to the news. After all, their the ones who directly benefit from it.

You already know I am totally against relocation. But in this instance, I support both equally - pretty obvious why that's the case.

That jumper is (as far as we're told) only to be used in Tasmania. It does not affect the North jumper.

Women have from all reports responded very positively to the news. After all, their the ones who directly benefit from it.

You already know I am totally against relocation. But in this instance, I support both equally - pretty obvious why that's the case.
But why play in that Jumper? No need for it as there is no need to the bastardised name. Call the club North Melbourne and have the Women play in our legitimate Strip. Problem Solved. :stern look

But why play in that Jumper? No need for it as there is no need to the bastardised name. Call the club North Melbourne and have the Women play in our legitimate Strip. Problem Solved. :stern look

And in what way does that represent Tasmania in the joint venture? Considering it's spending 2.5million on building the AFLW team with North Melbourne.

Ideally there would be a North Melbourne team and a Tasmanian team. (AFL and AFLW that is)

However the AFL made it clear ages ago that only existing team licenses would be considered for AFLW, so considering our pre-existing Tasmanian connection it is a no-brainer both parties came together as part of the license.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy to answer any questions you might have re development - when you know what’s planned, relocation talk is honestly funny.
While some people my be uncomfortable with the Tassie stuff, it is helping us grow like never before and is enabling us to increase our footprint at home.
Without AFLW, a NM facility expansion would have been unlikely but now we are aiming to start ASAP so it’s ready in time for 2019.
Adelaide has a joint venture with NT for AFLW and believe me, I think the Hawks would wish they did what we did with the Tas govt and AFLTas.

happy to answer any questions you might have re development - when you know what’s planned, relocation talk is honestly funny.
While some people my be uncomfortable with the Tassie stuff, it is helping us grow like never before and is enabling us to increase our footprint at home.
Without AFLW, a NM facility expansion would have been unlikely but now we are aiming to start ASAP so it’s ready in time for 2019.
Adelaide has a joint venture with NT for AFLW and believe me, I think the Hawks would wish they did what we did with the Tas govt and AFLTas.
Probably unrelated Heath, but do we know how we will be building the team for AFLW in 2019 yet? Have we been informed of any allocations we will receive regarding priority drafting or zone freebies?

Probably unrelated Heath, but do we know how we will be building the team for AFLW in 2019 yet? Have we been informed of any allocations we will receive regarding priority drafting or zone freebies?

Our relationship with Melb Uni has put us in the box seat for players - the best of the best come from MUWFC and I reckon most will be keen to play for us. So we won’t have any trouble attracting players. The aim is also to have a fair contingent from Tas when the talent is ready.
In terms of Zones etc we have our NGAs to grow talent and Tassie also.

Our relationship with Melb Uni has put us in the box seat for players - the best of the best come from MUWFC and I reckon most will be keen to play for us. So we won’t have any trouble attracting players. The aim is also to have a fair contingent from Tas when the talent is ready.
In terms of Zones etc we have our NGAs to grow talent and Tassie also.
Thanks mate, exciting times ahead for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back