Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wooller*

If by issues you mean managed to kick about 40 goals playing stints up the ground, making the TAC Cup Team of the Year and winning Oakleigh's best and fairest... well I'll have his issues!

I'm keen to take him but think he will be gone before our R3 pick. He's that third tall who roams as a midfielder but was great when he'd go forward and kick 3 goals a game. Big frame, plenty of scope.

I think many thought he might go on to be top 10, but his size and question over his future position probably stopped that happening. His athleticism isn't as good as your other 190 odd mids, and he's not quite KPP size, hence the R2 rank rather than high up. Good contested mark though and seemingly big tank.
He sounds like a slightly shorter less athletic version of Fogarty.

I like the idea of Coffield at 6 and getting a key back with a later pick.

Or trade pick 6 for two later firsts from Richmond or Brisbane. Of the players ranked from 10-20 I like what I read of Ed Richards and Ling as fast, skilled backline players and getting a good key defender as well with the other pick like Balta or Naughton.

I'd be more open to taking Coffield (or Fogarty) at 6 if we can secure another pick in the top 25. That pick should be enough to get a decent key defender. There seems to be a few available.

If we have to wait until our 3rd round pick, it is just too big a risk, and therefore we should get best KPP available at pick 6. At the moment that sounds to me to be Brander or Balta.

Clearly, we need to come out of this draft with at least one KPP. It seems there are more key backs available than key forwards...so I'd be going that way and Ben Reid can go forward.

Any interest in undrafted players from last years TAC cup that are playing in the VFL this year ??

Any interest in undrafted players from last years TAC cup that are playing in the VFL this year ??

Hamish Brayshaw, Derek Smith, Aidan Tilley, callan Wellings and Sam Fowler would be some.

Jonty Scharenberg would be one for sure from the SANFL and from WA would look at the kid Banfield.

I'd be more open to taking Coffield (or Fogarty) at 6 if we can secure another pick in the top 25. That pick should be enough to get a decent key defender. There seems to be a few available.

If we have to wait until our 3rd round pick, it is just too big a risk, and therefore we should get best KPP available at pick 6. At the moment that sounds to me to be Brander or Balta.

Clearly, we need to come out of this draft with at least one KPP. It seems there are more key backs available than key forwards...so I'd be going that way and Ben Reid can go forward.

Do you think they will play Reid forward from Rd 1 next year. I thinking they might have a plan for Cox and Moore to the be two and Reid goes back. Not sure you can have Reid and Cox as both need to play close to goal so has to be Moore. Its also why not sure they will be going after Schache for the same reason.

We have to go for talls in my book. Brander is pretty binary if he there and we like him. It could well be that we dont and we dont rate Balta high enough hence in comes Coffield. I cant see it being Fogarty at this stage. Andrew Brayshaw would be a player I think they would rate but again its a bit high.

Do you think they will play Reid forward from Rd 1 next year. I thinking they might have a plan for Cox and Moore to the be two and Reid goes back. Not sure you can have Reid and Cox as both need to play close to goal so has to be Moore. Its also why not sure they will be going after Schache for the same reason.

We have to go for talls in my book. Brander is pretty binary if he there and we like him. It could well be that we dont and we dont rate Balta high enough hence in comes Coffield. I cant see it being Fogarty at this stage. Andrew Brayshaw would be a player I think they would rate but again its a bit high.
Sounds like there are good options to get what we need, just have to get the right picks in,(more of them). If we can.

Given all the talk has been about midfielders being the stronger of the crop, I'll be happy to go with a quick skillfull mid. The talk of Brander has not early been a strong as other talks in their draft year and I wouldn't want to take him for the sake of taking a tall.

Happy with Coffield, Fogarty or anyone else that slips to six

Trust me, if fogarty is still there at 6 we will take him, way too good to pass up. The perfect player for us at 193cm and very athletic, will play 3rd tall in the forward line for us and that will allow us to get a Lynch for next year to compliment Moore and Fogarty
Agree with this (though no draft expert)... M McGovern would have been a great fit for us IMO, and Fogarty is the same size and likely more talented. We have Reid (196cm, 98kg). Moore (201cm, 98kg) and Cox (211cm, 108kg). It's likely we're playing 2 of these guys in the forward line - Fogarty should compliment them well I'd have thought?

Fogarty is interesting in that it's hard to pin point a best position. I actually think it's midfield closely followed by third tall defender then some distance from that to third tall forward. He may not be the forward we're after.

Fogarty is interesting in that it's hard to pin point a best position. I actually think it's midfield closely followed by third tall defender then some distance from that to third tall forward. He may not be the forward we're after.
If that's the case, id be happy taking him as a big bodied mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s got the talent that’s for sure. I just question where he plays at AFL level.
Perfect 3rd tall option for us, my boy Aiden Bonar is showing why I rate him so high and my hope for pick 6 Jaiden stephenson is silencing his critics nicely. No to Coffield, Brander or Balta for pick 6. Loving Pettrucelli and Worpal, nothing wrong with this draft at all

Perfect 3rd tall option for us, my boy Aiden Bonar is showing why I rate him so high and my hope for pick 6 Jaiden stephenson is silencing his critics nicely. No to Coffield, Brander or Balta for pick 6. Loving Pettrucelli and Worpal, nothing wrong with this draft at all
I think we’d have to find a mid first rounder for him, or at least trade back our pick 6. We tend not to rate 3rd talls. Bonar looking good, would have been interesting to see where he placed without the knees.

Balta has been ok in patches, Coffield too but some of his kicking hasn’t been as good as I thought it was. Can’t watch the second half so things might change. Jack P would be awesome off the HB but his kicking is too inconsistent.

Wooller is 193cm and 90kg so he's a fair size. Not quite KP size but thereabouts.

Would project as a Membrey, Lynch type third forward.

What has the world come to when 193 / 90 isn’t KPP any more?

That’s been our problem, we’ve gone for 195/197 size players thinking they’ll come on and be athletic superstars

Reckon we need to shift our focus, these kids at that 193/90 size are still growing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back