News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy to answer any questions you might have re development - when you know what’s planned, relocation talk is honestly funny.
While some people my be uncomfortable with the Tassie stuff, it is helping us grow like never before and is enabling us to increase our footprint at home.
Without AFLW, a NM facility expansion would have been unlikely but now we are aiming to start ASAP so it’s ready in time for 2019.
Adelaide has a joint venture with NT for AFLW and believe me, I think the Hawks would wish they did what we did with the Tas govt and AFLTas.

Hi Heath

In this thread i have stated a number of concerns that largely stem from how the media may run with a strengthened link to Tas, particularly if the flow on effect on Crowd/Membership/Player recruitment. Also, I know that Simon Lethlean is no longer with the club but his comments "There is no plans to relocate a team but anything is possible" personally doesn't fill me with confidence, keep in mind I have faith in the club, the AFL not so much.

I understand you can't address every single utterance but I am interested to how we can counter this whole North to Tas narrative?

My biggest failure (please don’t correct me) is not having this up and running yet. I got halfway with the coffee cart and will never give up until the Roo Shop is a half shop half cafe.

If Jeremy is looking for a barista, I hear that Jobe is looking for work.

Hi Heath

In this thread i have stated a number of concerns that largely stem from how the media may run with a strengthened link to Tas, particularly if the flow on effect on Crowd/Membership/Player recruitment. Also, I know that Simon Lethlean is no longer with the club but his comments "There is no plans to relocate a team but anything is possible" personally doesn't fill me with confidence, keep in mind I have faith in the club, the AFL not so much.

I understand you can't address every single utterance but I am interested to how we can counter this whole North to Tas narrative?

To be honest, the best way will be to build and new HQ and expand our footprint in NM - and that’s what we are doing. Carl is working his tail off and is in meetings with council, govt, construction companies etc about not just our building, but the entire precinct. The media will say what they will about Tassie, and there are so many agendas at play and a lot of posturing to keep certain groups happy - we just have to remain focussed on our objectives and keep making it impossible for anyone to even consider us moving.
Interestingly, the AFL has three categories for clubs based in their level of financial involvement and level of risk/concern, I can tell you, we are not even in the bottom bracket - about 6 clubs are though including at least 3 Vic ones.
We are not a main concern of theirs anymore.
But we have to keep it that way and that’s why we need more revenue and more fans - hence the need for a secondary market in Tas. But it’s not a cash grab either, we are legitimately putting in the hard yards down there and giving back as much as we can. Our NGA registrations were off the charts down there - best in the AFL by a mile.

To be honest, the best way will be to build and new HQ and expand our footprint in NM - and that’s what we are doing. Carl is working his tail off and is in meetings with council, govt, construction companies etc about not just our building, but the entire precinct. The media will say what they will about Tassie, and there are so many agendas at play and a lot of posturing to keep certain groups happy - we just have to remain focussed on our objectives and keep making it impossible for anyone to even consider us moving.
Interestingly, the AFL has three categories for clubs based in their level of financial involvement and level of risk/concern, I can tell you, we are not even in the bottom bracket - about 6 clubs are though including at least 3 Vic ones.

Thanks Heath,

Final question, any chance of getting you to appear on our podcast? :):p;):D

BOOM!

Yes, absolutely great news, looking at the financials that makes perfect sense. I just hate the mainstream AFL media.

It’s tough to cop sometimes, I share your frustration. I know I’m in the media and PR, but hand on heart I’ve never been this excited by the future. Other inner clubs are landlocked and have to go to Dingley or Tullamarine to expand - imagine if we could stay in NM and have league leading facilities and resources 5 mins from the CBD. Couple that with VFL next year and AFLW in 19, as well as a massive war chest to target FAs in the AFL - how could you not be happy about where we sit? Now we just have to capitalise on all our opportunities!

It’s tough to cop sometimes, I share your frustration. I know I’m in the media and PR, but hand on heart I’ve never been this excited by the future. Other inner clubs are landlocked and have to go to Dingley or Tullamarine to expand - imagine if we could stay in NM and have league leading facilities and resources 5 mins from the CBD. Couple that with VFL next year and AFLW in 19, as well as a massive war chest to target FAs in the AFL - how could you not be happy about where we sit? Now we just have to capitalise on all our opportunities!

When you put it like that, it is very exciting. Hopefully we become the powerhouse that we all know we should be!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy to answer any questions you might have re development - when you know what’s planned, relocation talk is honestly funny.
While some people my be uncomfortable with the Tassie stuff, it is helping us grow like never before and is enabling us to increase our footprint at home.
Without AFLW, a NM facility expansion would have been unlikely but now we are aiming to start ASAP so it’s ready in time for 2019.
Adelaide has a joint venture with NT for AFLW and believe me, I think the Hawks would wish they did what we did with the Tas govt and AFLTas.
G'day Heath.

Regaring the redevelopment, how far along are the we in the planning phase, and how amenable have the government been to our specific proposals re the amount of space we are requesting access to? Our proposal seems very ambitious, which of course is the right way to start when entering into such a planning/negotiation phase.

Also, by gut feel, how engaged do the govt seem to be with our status as a primary stakeholder in the area? Are the AFL putting any weight into the discussions?

Cheers bud.

I'm very happy with this development. While I can understand the concern regarding another step to relocation, I don't share this view. Relocation will only occur if we, the members, allow it. The Club is being managed very effectively with the debt reduction, seeking to further develop Arden St, etc. Our relationship with Tassie further strengthen us.

downloadfile-5.gif

G'day Heath.

Regaring the redevelopment, how far along are the we in the planning phase, and how amenable have the government been to our specific proposals re the amount of space we are requesting access to? Our proposal seems very ambitious, which of course is the right way to start when entering into such a planning/negotiation phase.

Also, by gut feel, how engaged do the govt seem to be with our status as a primary stakeholder in the area? Are the AFL putting any weight into the discussions?

Cheers bud.

From what Carl is telling us, very amenable on all fronts. Our priority is building on the slab and that’s tracking nicely - plans have been drawn up etc. hoping to start ASAP so it will be ready for the AFLW side.

On the broader Arden plans, we have a great track record with sharing facilities with the community and that’s the approach again. If we can get another oval, it would be free for community use also. Same with a pool and indoor centre - we would have booking rights as we do now but outside of that, the locals have access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back