All things horse racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had a nice all up on this meeting last year, last leg was Extreme Choice for the place, as you probably remember he won, ended up winning $600 but would've been much more if i had bigger balls and took him the win, but i was worried about Chatacua (or how ever you spell it).

Went into GF day on a high, won another $200 while collecting my all up winnings, then went on to back the first goal scorer (Parker) and the NS winner (JJ).

Was a golden weekend.

Didn't have a bet tonight, been at the Benalla cup all day, CBF.
And that sir is how you do it.
Money in pocket.
A few nice drinks.
Benalla nice place.
Used to know, but years now, a couple who lived in Benalla, and Collingwood people, used to drive to Melbourne for games and even club functions, events.
Good people.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Money in pocket.
A few nice drinks.
Benalla nice place.
Used to know, but years now, a couple who lived in Benalla, and Collingwood people, used to drive to Melbourne for games and even club functions, events.
Good people.
Cracked my first beer at noon (heavy) and had a beer in my hand for the next 5 hours, went up to the TAC tent to get tested and blew 0.017 lol, i did eat a bit and i drink slow, and i'm a big dude, probably had 7 cans, then i got tested by the police on the way home and didn't even register, couldn't believe it.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Money in pocket.
A few nice drinks.
Benalla nice place.
Good people.

How is someone with so much knowledge on horse racing not be a betting man?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jon Snow very impressive tonight.
You know something Jon Snow.

(Incidently Jon Snow now engaged to ygritte ie the two actors are now engaged. Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bougeouis way of saying I have a gambling addiction.. say you're a gambler.. and your denial will dicipate. Just an excuse to throw out a few multies and feel good about it.
Don't think you even know what you're talking about.
Nor do you know about anybody's spending on beer, football, racing, IGA .....
Better to leave the judgments for when you're not sober

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
i know. Nothing wrong with betting on horses as long as you bet within your means. I have never had a bet on football and never will.

I have never known anyone that bets within their means. You might start throwing 20c coins playing Manila at the deli.. yrs down the track your blowing your bags playing $5/10s at the cas. Those who spend prolonged periods gambling eventually do their nuts. Particularly folk who have a keen interest in it.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have never known anyone that bets within their means. You might start throwing 20c coins playing Manila at the deli.. yrs down the track your blowing your bags playing $5/10s at the cas. Those who spend prolonged periods gambling eventually do their nuts. Particularly folk who have a keen interest in it.
you dont know the right people.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Horse racing is a sport, you don't need to bet on it to enjoy it.

Ok.. honestly.. find me someone who enjoys it as a sport who can place $5 bets here and there for decades.. eventually the itch to lay monster bets becomes far too difficult to resist. I lost a mate mine from a gambling addiction. So I'm definitely not one to promote it.

Frank Gallagher

Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You sound like you have a problem.

Frank Gallagher

Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok.. honestly.. find me someone who enjoys it as a sport who can place $5 bets here and there for decades.. eventually the itch to lay monster bets becomes far too difficult to resist. I lost a mate mine from a gambling addiction. So I'm definitely not one to promote it.
Lol, i've been following the sport for 35 years, i love it, i watch it even when i'm not betting, my normal bet is $5, but i will increase that if i'm on a roll, but $5 is the norm, big G1s i might spend $20 on and i'll spend $100 on the cup.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lol, i've been following the sport for 35 years, i love it, i watch it even when i'm not betting, my normal bet is $5, but i will increase that if i'm on a roll, but $5 is the norm, big G1s i might spend $20 on and i'll spend $100 on the cup.

Fair enough. Well sorry to intrude in this thread.. I just wanted to get my point across. Just dislike it.

Back