No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fmd.......

and ferris just undoes all of his good work....

he was coming along pretty well..

Thanks peeps. See, it's with friends like you, I can avoid getting a big head like Paul Roos.

In fact, I can so avoid getting ahead of myself that I think I can remain perfectly grounded, developing an inferiority complex and curling up in the corner, rocking myself to sleep...... :D (emoticon just for thy's benefit).

Thanks peeps. See, it's with friends like you, I can avoid getting a big head like Paul Roos.

In fact, I can so avoid getting ahead of myself that I think I can remain perfectly grounded, developing an inferiority complex and curling up in the corner, rocking myself to sleep...... :D (emoticon just for thy's benefit).
Self awareness is the first step.

Get well soon

I know this board loves a bit of schadenfreude and Andrew Demetriou isn't universally loved, so I'll just put this out there.

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/demetrious-bad-luck-continues-20170928-gyqojj

I'm not one to kick a guy while he is down, but I figured the Acquire Learning angle is relevant to us.

Sometimes it seems like corporate high flyers get all the luck, but I guess it's not that simple. One could say Andy D has brought his career into disrepute?

EDIT: I have an AFR subscription, so wasn't sure about paywall. Basics of article are:
  • Directors of the now-collapsed Acquire Learning are being investigated for a possible breach of directors' duties.
  • Acquire Learning was cofounded by Demetriou's nephew Tim Demetriou
  • Andy D was never on the board. But he was in 2014 appointed chairman of Acquire's advisory board
  • He was also Chairman of Capitol Health, which has seen its share price slammed
  • He was an early investor in a 3D printing company that is struggling
  • Summary: The AFR took some enjoyment in listing AD's business failures

Last edited:
I know this board loves a bit of schadenfreude and Andrew Demetriou isn't universally loved, so I'll just put this out there.

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/demetrious-bad-luck-continues-20170928-gyqojj

I'm not one to kick a guy while he is down, but I figured the Acquire Learning angle is relevant to us.

Sometimes it seems like corporate high flyers get all the luck, but I guess it's not that simple. One could say Andy D has brought his career into disrepute?
Paywall dammit..tried searching the name..

EDIT: I have an AFR subscription, so wasn't sure about paywall. Basics of article are:
  • Directors of the now-collapsed Acquire Learning are being investigated for a possible breach of directors' duties.
  • Andy D was never on the board. But he was in 2014 appointed chairman of Acquire's advisory board
  • He was also Chairman of Capitol Health, which has seen its share price slammed
Poor record, deliberate intention, students left financially concussed - should be deregistered.

Just goes to show how much of a free ride the AFL is. Not accountable to anyone but a product which virtually sells itself no matter how much they try to stuff it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett is one of those Pentecostal Christians - they are big on personal wealth generation. Tom Browne reported last night that Ablett donated the boots he wore on his 300th game to a charity. He attended the auction. The successful bidder paid $4000 and Pastor Ablett took half! Praise the Lord Jeeeesus. What a Flog!

"The Lord hath given, and the Lord hath given again. Blessed be the name of the Lord!"

That's how it goes, isn't it?

Ablett is one of those Pentecostal Christians - they are big on personal wealth generation. Tom Browne reported last night that Ablett donated the boots he wore on his 300th game to a charity. He attended the auction. The successful bidder paid $4000 and Pastor Ablett took half! Praise the Lord Jeeeesus. What a Flog!

On one hand....if he hadn't donated his boots, the charity wouldn't have got any money. Props.
On the other hand....did he basically just steal $2000 from a charity? WTF?!?

He is a weird (soon-to-be) cat....

This looks like an old article, but I've just discovered it via a BF ad banner. HOLY MOLY is Paul Roos a sanctimonius douche....

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/paul-roos-how-i-feel-about-gws/#GbsLlixXcRUjWeFg.97

I used to think that Roos was a bit of a coaching/pundit guru. It seems all that adulation by the media and the AFL begging him to save Melbourne has gone to his head.

This is such a poor article. He's trying to explain why accusations he harbours resentment to GWS are unfair and downright insulting. He then goes on to spend 1000 words bagging GWS, going over old ground of how they got things handed to them, shows how resentful he is about them muscling in on Sydney's turf, takes a personal swipe at Dave Matthews and to a lesser extent, Sheedy. And on and on. It's outrageous.

It's like my ex-best mate. I have nothing against that back-stabbing, double-crossing, no good, piece of s**t that wouldn't know decency if it ate his face off. I mean I have completely forgiven him and don't go around telling people he's duplicitous, morally-bankrupt, a poor father or that he is uglier than Joe Daniher's a-hole. I mean I am better than that, and any suggestions that I can't be objective about that grade-A, ****-eating, mother-*******, ****-head are just mean and insulting and I can't believe you would besmirch me like that.......:D
probably Daniher's better looking end just quietly...

richard hadlee once won a car playing for nz and insisted on keeping it rather than pooling it in the tradition of prizes won by individuals in the team...
Sir Dick was pretty happy with himself. Could bowl a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back