• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL all stars U18 game on the AFL app right now if anyone's interested. Brayshaw going nicely and Davies-Uniake is a beast.

Stephenson showing his quality in the game so far. Fast, tall line breaker, who racks up possessions.
LDU reasonable.
Brander has a lot of possessions by half time but a bit sloppy.

Pleasantly surprised with the poise of Stracevich too. Would be nice to have a second round pick.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Stephenson showing his quality in the game so far. Fast, tall line breaker, who racks up possessions.
LDU reasonable.
Brander has a lot of possessions by half time but a bit sloppy.

Pleasantly surprised with the poise of Stracevich too. Would be nice to have a second round pick.

Is Brander back or forward? Sloppy as in missing goals or missing targets?

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Back.
Missing targets occasionally.
But has made he play with strong handballs and kicks.

Miller from Subiaco nice tall forward.

Stephenson 15 disposals to half time.

That is my problem with him back; he misses targets a little too often when he is playing back. He is actually a good set-shot and just works better forward, for mine, but I get that he is quite prolific possession-wise when he is back.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stephenson very very good. Knows where the ball is and has jets. The commentators likened him to Peter Matera, which is a good rap.

Aidan Bonar also good and tough. Had two knee reconstructions, but he must have built up his body while injured
I do like Starcevich. Composed and strong.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
The "top 4" has become a top 5 after Stephenson's performance and he should star at the combine if his calf is fine.
Reynor, Uniacke, Cerra, Dow and Stephenson is some order are the top tier as far as I'm concerned.
Rumours of North's interest in Stephenson have been around for more than a month now and they certainly seem justified now.

I told myself I wouldn't play favourites this year but I'd been warming to Stephenson after is 30 odd touch game a couple months now.
Officially in full blow hype mode, even without adding mass he could be elite, add 10-15kg to his frame and he could be Dangerfield.

Sidenote, Brayshaw was disappointing, lots of hype over him recently that I hadn't bought into. Reads the play well but seems rather vanilla otherwise.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wouldn't surprise me if he went number 1 tbh.
lol Chris will be saying I told you so ......but not to get to carried away....no cerra dow in that game and team harvey's domination (they seemed to have the greater number of talent in the midfield) snuffed out opportunity for a lot of the enright players to excel. play it down then we have a chance to get him at 5;)

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
The "top 4" has become a top 5 after Stephenson's performance and he should star at the combine if his calf is fine.
Reynor, Uniacke, Cerra, Dow and Stephenson is some order are the top tier as far as I'm concerned.
Rumours of North's interest in Stephenson have been around for more than a month now and they certainly seem justified now.

I told myself I wouldn't play favourites this year but I'd been warming to Stephenson after is 30 odd touch game a couple months now.
Officially in full blow hype mode, even without adding mass he could be elite, add 10-15kg to his frame and he could be Dangerfield.

Sidenote, Brayshaw was St, lots of hype over him recently that I hadn't bought into. Reads the play well but seems rather vanilla otherwise.
scrutinising things more closely those guys, including stephenson now, are highlighted as top "5" on the back of being in the midfield/followers and thus get more time at and around the ball. I have no dought of the eveness out to about top ten ...any could be number one in terms their talent but opportunity is not necessarily equal. Coffield, Constable,Brayshaw, Garner, Hunter, Crossley, D Fogarty ....plus a few more. Won't be surprised for example if Starcevich has pushed his way into 1st round on the back of today's effort...

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Didn't see today's game but looking at the highlights of both I LOVED Coffield.

He has very good disposal and chooses the right options. He also has the patented "Conor Blakely" first two step speed burst.
Also has a bit more meat on the bones
Stephenson very good though and you wouldn't be disapointed to have him.

Back