Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final

Who will you be barracking for on Grand Final day?

• Adelaide

Votes: 77 68.8%
  • Punt Rd Ferals

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Won't be watching

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tipped this. A comfortable Richmond win and Dusty winning the Norm Smith medal.

The simple truth is a "champion team" will beat a "team of champions". The evenness of the Richmond effort was in stark contrast to the effort of too few individuals playing for Adelaide.

There's no doubt the Crows missed the contested marking of McGovern and the run of Brodie Smith. This forced an odd selection of playing Ottens as a defensive forward. His best games have been as a player wandering up and down the ground usually without an opponent. The backline was 'top heavy'. Talia or Hartigan was Adelaide's choice. Talia looked slow against Jack Riewoldt. However Adelaide players can only blame themselves. Crows players who went missing included Betts, Cameron, Ottens, Lynch, Walker and Jenkins. Yes folks the entire forward line. The lack of pressure in the forward half was mystifying.

Compare this to Richmond all over the ground. The backline was solid. Rance and Houli led the way. Houli couldn't believe his luck. A game of footy without an opponent. The forward line just doesn't let up. It was not the game to have a tall backline. I like the idea of players who work their arses off first and foremost. If they happen to kick a goal that's seen as a bonus.

On ball was supposedly Adelaide's advantage. They got flogged today. Martin provides the class but there was plenty of grunt from the likes of Cotchin, Edwards, Grigg, Lambert, Prestia and Graham. Jacobs and Sloane played as well as could be expected. The Crouch brothers and Douglas were well below their best.

I don't expect Richmond will drop off like the Western Bulldogs. They are a good football team which plays with loads of desire, desperation and discipline. I reckon that's a recipe for success.

R
I tipped this. A comfortable Richmond win and Dusty winning the Norm Smith medal.

The simple truth is a "champion team" will beat a "team of champions". The evenness of the Richmond effort was in stark contrast to the effort of too few individuals playing for Adelaide.

There's no doubt the Crows missed the contested marking of McGovern and the run of Brodie Smith. This forced an odd selection of playing Ottens as a defensive forward. His best games have been as a player wandering up and down the ground usually without an opponent. The backline was 'top heavy'. Talia or Hartigan was Adelaide's choice. Talia looked slow against Jack Riewoldt. However Adelaide players can only blame themselves. Crows players who went missing included Betts, Cameron, Ottens, Lynch, Walker and Jenkins. Yes folks the entire forward line. The lack of pressure in the forward half was mystifying.

Compare this to Richmond all over the ground. The backline was solid. Rance and Houli led the way. Houli couldn't believe his luck. A game of footy without an opponent. The forward line just doesn't let up. It was not the game to have a tall backline. I like the idea of players who work their arses off first and foremost. If they happen to kick a goal that's seen as a bonus.

On ball was supposedly Adelaide's advantage. They got flogged today. Martin provides the class but there was plenty of grunt from the likes of Cotchin, Edwards, Griggs, Lambert, Prestia and Graham. Jacobs and Sloane played as well as could be expected. The Crouch brothers and Douglas were well below their best.

I don't expect Richmond will drop off like the Western Bulldogs. They are a good football team which plays with loads of desire, desperation and discipline. I reckon that's a recipe for success.
Richmond encountered a perfect storm it will dissipate next year with a tougher draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the people on this board who've shitcanned Grigg over the years (myself included) looking stupid now. His departure wasn't great but let's not pretend he's not a good player, has been a very solid contributor for Richmond during his time there.

Hell never be a premiership player, should trade him ffs

Back