Autopsy Season 2017 - What did you like, learn or hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: Richmond winning the 2017 Premiership! They have been very consistent this year and brought the effort again. Well done Adelaide for the season they had leading up to the Grand Final. In my opinion, the two best sides played off in the Grand Final.

Learnt: A team can turn around a season very quickly with smart recruiting and a heap of effort. I thought Richmond were borderline on making finals at the start of the year and thought Richmond would do well to win a final at the beginning of the finals. No, they went all the way to the Grand Final and actually won it!

Also liked the thrilling close games throughout the season. Yeah, the quality of footy is reduced, but the evenness of this season (not including finals) made the run home very interesting. The lead up to Round 23 was exhilarating as many of the top 8 positions were not locked in.

Learnt:

North Melbourne trolls are good luck charms.

Spend all of 2016 potting the Western Bulldogs, after they win they can no longer do that so off to Tigerland they go....and they win the whole damn thing too.

Please please please start on us North trolls, here is some stuff to get you rolling

Tim Watson, Malcolm Blight, school girls, lighters and dwarves, bad bounces, Ross Lyon :D :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the Tigers winning. Learnt Melbourne are still rubbish but I can dream now the Dogs and Tigers have won in successive years. Hated the AFL virtue signalling all year as usual. I'm sure next year they will force a team to wear the rainbow flag for diversity and inclusion.....

Liked:
1.Worthy premiers in the Tigers.

2. My club made the last 4 after an annus horribilis, when the history of the Giants is written the fact we didn't go backwards this year will be seen as pretty
amazing.

3. It was an even competitive year, and few supporters had to turn up to home games without rational hope.

Learnt:

1.My general belief you cant just bob up in finals and win a flag took a hammering. The Tigers did.

2. Everything can go really well in a season but unless you have a good day in the GF it's not worth much. Ala the Crows

Hated: Not a lot, I love footy otherwise I wouldn't follow it.

Last edited:
Loved: Close contests and the Tigers winning the flag.
Learnt: Umpiring is getting worse.
Loathed: Selective corporatization. On one hand, the AFL's continued support from the gambling industry. On the other hand, other destructive social issues are panned.

Liked : another premiership drought broken
Learnt : The AFL is finally buckling to public pressure on finals fixture get and a possible GF move from the MCG earlier than anticipated
Hated : another season hamstrung by lopsided rule interpretation and application

Hated that the bull who was selected at 3 in 2009 is now a Brownlow medallist, a Norm Smith Medallist and a premiership player.
The one we took at 4 blew his knees 4 times and is retired.

Makes me sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good post.
Sliding doors moments can be so important in footy.

Like: Richmond again displaying everything that finals footy is about-manic pressure, humility, heart, team efforts.
Dislike: Too many young, complacent, inconsistent sides that couldn't step up and make finals. Overall weakness of the standard of footy this season. Richmond the only team this year who showed sustained performance this year that could challenge the three peat Hawks.

Liked Coming back from 0-6 and looking dead, blooding more youth. Tigers ending drought, adelaides play prior to today

Learnt. Cotchin is a star, didnt appreciate him. Dusty is best player in comp.

Hated : ruck nomination rule, footy media - its just awful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back