Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think tigers showed having a s**t ruckman doesn't matter when you have good mids that hunt the ball.and win the 50/50's.

Nanny is better than most of the premiership rucks since Dean Cox, but it really isn't an important key to a premiership.

Jack Graham was pick 53 last year and now has a premiership and kicked 3 goals in a grand final.
Wonder if there is a Graham-esque value pick this year...

He isn't purely a left footer, think Zac Merrett he is capable on his opposite. His inside game isn't great but he can win a hard ball.
Review I read said his disposal efficiency was well down under pressure, which suggested to me there must have been moments when he was forced onto his right. Also suggested that he continues to work on improving his non-preferred side though. Do you see enough scope for improvement to play to the same standard as Zac Merrett?

Also, how likely is Charlie Constable to be available at Pick 11?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review I read said his disposal efficiency was well down under pressure, which suggested to me there must have been moments when he was forced onto his right. Also suggested that he continues to work on improving his non-preferred side though. Do you see enough scope for improvement to play to the same standard as Zac Merrett?

Also, how likely is Charlie Constable to be available at Pick 11?
He is mostly a kicker which goes for most players that mostly kick, easier for those stats to look good when you mostly handball under pressure. Yeah for sure O'Brien reminded me of Zerrett in his under age year

Not sure but I'd say we are keen on Constable he is the right type of mid we need to cover for Watson

Nankervis had 18 disposals and took a couple of very important marks. He's not s**t at all. Midfield depth is always awesome to have though.

Ok forget the disposal count. Cotchin has 21 possies and i didn't see him all day. Jacobs killed Narvervis in the ruck gave him a bath. Nankervis has been handy around the ground this season but against a good tap ruck is exposed easily. If TBell had 49 hit outs in GF we would be calling him the best ruckman ever.

Last edited:
He is mostly a kicker which goes for most players that mostly kick, easier for those stats to look good when you mostly handball under pressure. Yeah for sure O'Brien reminded me of Zerrett in his under age year

Not sure but I'd say we are keen on Constable he is the right type of mid we need to cover for Watson
Hunter Clark, Andrew Brayshaw, Joel Garner and Jack Higgins: any of these suitable replacements? ...and how would you rank them? ...and thanks for your patience DPS.

Ok forget the disposal count. Cotchin has 21 possies and i didn't see him all day. Jacobs killed Narvervis in the ruck gave him a bath. Nankervis has been handy around the ground this season but against a good tap ruck is exposed easily. If TBell had 49 hit outs in GF we would be calling him the best ruckman ever.
He's still not s**t, and neither was Cotchin.

He's still not s**t, and neither was Cotchin.

Ok fair enough not s**t maybe too many jack and cokes at the time. Good solid contributor but no superstar. Like the hawks won all those flags without a gun ruckman. Think we saw the best of the crows both times we played them gave little today, tigers just to tough at the contest.

Ok fair enough not s**t maybe too many jack and cokes at the time. Good solid contributor but no superstar. Like the hawks won all those flags without a gun ruckman. Think we saw the best of the crows both times we played them gave little today, tigers just to tough at the contest.
I agree, the Tiges wanted it more. Nank has a lot of upside in comparison with Jacobs. Sauce is at the top of his game, and although Nank got killed in the hit outs, he's still young. He was hard at the contested ball today which is clearly what Dimma wants from that group and he looks like he has plenty of improvement left in him, and now he has a finals series under his belt as well. I reckon they've found a player. If Dodo had found him we'd all be singing his praises.

I dont know how Graham didnt go in the 20s, forgot it was that late. He played well today.

Was excellent today, I remember last year people were saying he's too vanilla and a wasted pick. If cracking in hard all day and converting the chances you should is vanilla, I'm switching from over from chocolate.

Hunter Clark, Andrew Brayshaw, Joel Garner and Jack Higgins: any of these suitable replacements? ...and how would you rank them? ...and thanks for your patience DPS.
Clark
Brayshaw
Higgins
Garner

In that order, Clark would be the perfect pick he would suit our team better than any other in this draft I reckon.

I dont know how Graham didnt go in the 20s, forgot it was that late. He played well today.
It's baffling - strong body, good kick, excellent character. Not like he went under the radar - he captained SA at the champs.

Every year there are a couple of highly rated juniors who seem obvious high picks, but the industry decides otherwise and they go late before they then go on to become good players as it always seemed they would.

It's baffling - strong body, good kick, excellent character. Not like he went under the radar - he captained SA at the champs.

Every year there are a couple of highly rated juniors who seem obvious high picks, but the industry decides otherwise and they go late before they then go on to become good players as it always seemed they would.

It's really not. Low ceiling, but low bust potential, average athletically and only solid skills. But obviously works his arse off. A very unsexy meat and potatoes type player clubs don't really want to spend a high pick on unless they've got a 'trick'.

You see it every year, multiple times a year, blue collar types always slide, Hell, just last year it happened with Mutch and Clarke. Clarke in particular plays a similar sort of game style to Graham and had a better year at VFL level, who knows what would have happened if we actually empowered him and gave him a run.

Last edited:

Maybe everyone got scared off after SA made Toumpas captain a few year back:D

Anyway now that it seems likely we are keeping pick 11 who are the players we are likely to target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back