Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Disappointing to see that The Front Bar is on in primetime in Vic/SA/WA tonight while it doesn't begin untill midnight here in Qld. More people watched the GF last year here in Brisbane than Adelaide or Perth, so why are we being treated like second class citizens?

Disappointing to see that The Front Bar is on in primetime in Vic/SA/WA tonight while it doesn't begin untill midnight here in Qld. More people watched the GF last year here in Brisbane than Adelaide or Perth, so why are we being treated like second class citizens?

Agree, Channel 7 in Brisbane treat the football with little respect given they have alternative channels to play it on.

Sorry to hear that.......great show tho Sam Pang breaks me up.

Funnily enough, we didn't think last nights show was as good as normal....still watched it though in preference to TFS finale. Loved the bit where they chaired off Leigh Montagna, due to him missing out after his last game..

Ch7, the "football" channel.......not showing the GF parade on FTA or on any of their other channels. They used to do it every year, but not now. They don't show live saturday arvo footy games either.

I'm sure they think Victoria starts and finishes on the outskirts of Melbourne.....country people don't warrant consideration at all apparently.......or anyone not fortunate enough to have Foxtel.

We do, but poor old mum and her neighbour were so looking forward to the parade on tv.....nah, zilch!:mad:

Any dentists with some advice wisdom tooth pain? It's not impacted but the gums next to it are really swollen and it ******* hurts like crazy to the point where alcohol can't help you ignore it.

Get a small bowl or something. Put some water in the bowl, and then tip it all out (basically, you just want a tiny little bit of moisture). Add a bit of salt, black pepper, and finely chopped (or granules) of garlic to the bowl, and smoosh it up into a paste, and rub it over the affected area. And then get thee to a dentist, obviously, but the thing with the seasonings does help in the meantime.

Any dentists with some advice wisdom tooth pain? It's not impacted but the gums next to it are really swollen and it ******* hurts like crazy to the point where alcohol can't help you ignore it.

Don't think we have any dentists here, but my advice is get them sumbitches out. Once they start causing pain, they're likely to get slightly better then much worse and so on. At least get an x-ray so you can see what's going on.

Get a small bowl or something. Put some water in the bowl, and then tip it all out (basically, you just want a tiny little bit of moisture). Add a bit of salt, black pepper, and finely chopped (or granules) of garlic to the bowl, and smoosh it up into a paste, and rub it over the affected area. And then get thee to a dentist, obviously, but the thing with the seasonings does help in the meantime.

That sounds ridiculous. I want to soothe it, not season it. Swirling warm salted water helps for a bit but it soon dissipates and I feel like I've been punched in the jaw. Can't see my dentist until Wednesday.

Don't think we have any dentists here, but my advice is get them sumbitches out. Once they start causing pain, they're likely to get slightly better then much worse and so on. At least get an x-ray so you can see what's going on.

They've always been so good though. Do I really need to pull them out now?

Dental surgeon. Get put under. Wake up and no more wisdom teeth. Pumpkin soup, lemon sorbet and warm salty water for three days. Endone if you have access to it.

That sounds ridiculous. I want to soothe it, not season it. Swirling warm salted water helps for a bit but it soon dissipates and I feel like I've been punched in the jaw. Can't see my dentist until Wednesday.

Do give it a try though. I was dubious when I first came across that advice but when I tried it... wow.

Dental surgeon. Get put under. Wake up and no more wisdom teeth. Pumpkin soup, lemon sorbet and warm salty water for three days. Endone if you have access to it.

Knocks me off my high horse. Brother in law just had to go under it and I was boasting about my perfect wisdom teeth. They have ruined this weekend though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get them out pulpdriver - I’ve still got my bottom 2 and they have fillings but the top two are gone. They’re so close to your brain & you can’t mess with any infection.

Seems to be the consensus idea, will be looking into it. Hurts like hell. Can only imagine what tomorrow is like when I'm sober.

rub vegemite on it..

edit: have you tried getting into the dental hospital? I think it is 24hr.......there must be one somewhere you can get into before wednesday.

There are 24hr dentists in Moorabbin, Dallas and Kew......don't know where you are, so might be better to google some more if you still need them.

Last edited:
Seems to be the consensus idea, will be looking into it. Hurts like hell. Can only imagine what tomorrow is like when I'm sober.

Had all four out at one time quite a few years ago. Once you have problems, you will get continual problems mostly due to infections.

Yeah, getting them out is a PITA for about a week, but totally worth it. Apart from the surgery costs, anaesthetic etc. But it's day surgery, so no overnight stay needed.

I'm surprised people have had only 2 taken out. I'm pretty sure these days they'll just get rid of all of them.

In the meantime, I don't know if they still make it, but there used to be a Strepsils throats spray that had a mild anaesthetic in. Otherwise throat lozenges dissolved over the sore area in conjunction with NSAIDs might provide good relief. Sucking ice cube is another one.

I'm surprised people have had only 2 taken out. I'm pretty sure these days they'll just get rid of all of them.

Yeah I think mine's because I had braces that called for some teeth to be removed .. and had more space than normal for them to fit.

Top ones got holes - not worth filling to had them out, bottom ones still in. For now!

They are typically pretty happy to take them out because it is an easy fix for something that can cause lots of ongoing problems. i havent had any issues with mine, 3 of the 4 have come through, but even then my last visit they asked if i wanted to take them out.

ESPN host Scott Van Pelt is a Lions supporter.

https://www.mix.com.au/sport/afl/news/american-broadcasters-sensational-afl-grand-final-preview

He ran through the game donning a Brisbane scarf, which he received from Fox Sports producer Tim Hodges.

"It’s from the Brisbane Lions, who were last on the ladder, which means they stink, all due respect," he said.

"So they are not going to win the grand final. It is handsome though, and we appreciate it. Better luck next year in Brisbane."

He even went through with a tip for the grand final.

“The Adelaide Crows are five and a half point favourites over the Richmond Tigers, and as the folks here in the (United) States know, we only take underdogs on this show, so we’re backing Richmond," he said.

"I am not super familiar with who plays for them or where it is. But go Tigers and then go Brisbane. And I love you, Australia."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back