Opinion Can Dustin Martin be the GOAT? (Answer: no)

Remove this Banner Ad

christ do we have to have a comparison with every damn player and every damn year and every damn team and
it just goes on and on and I get so bloody tired of it..

lethal, carey and ablett.. . just can't be beaten.. :eek:

No
He has had a career best season that coincided with extracting more coin out of his club.
In previous years he went missing at times.
So we will have to wait and see.

I think people need to go back and read a little of Leigh Matthews work.

One year Matthews averages 27.4 possessions and 3.8 goals per game WTF!!!!

Career average 22.2 possessions and 2.2 goals per game over a 300+ game career is ridiculous.

Was a pleasure to watch. Just had that will to win. A midfielder (who went more forward later in his career) kicking 915 goals. Will likely be the best player I've ever seen. Can't see anyone knocking him off in my lifetime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Dusty but he'd have to do some amazing things to catch Matthews, Carey, and Ablett Sr. Not sure why Ablett Jr is in the discussion.
Ablett Jr should be in the conversation. I think the main reason he is mentioned is because he's from the same era. So if people don't think he will be better than Ablett Jr, then he obviously can't be GOAT.

Ablett, Franklin and Judd are probably universally viewed as the big 3 since 2000 imo.

Fyfe, Martin and Dangerfield are probably the other three who have had these threads made after their dominant seasons since 2014 ish. Impossible to predict who'll end up the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back