FB Brown Talia Kelly
HB Doedee Keath Laird
C Gibbs MCrouch Atkins
HF Lynch McGovern Cameron
FF Knight Walker Betts
R Jacobs BCrouch Sloane
INT Seedsman Hampton Galluci Greenwood.

IF Cameron goes Milera takes his spot.
Out Hartigan, McKay, Douglas, Jenkins, Otten and Lever.

Depth- Hartigan, Douglas, Lever trade, Jenkins, Poholke, Himmelberg, Davis, Menzel and Otten.

Try to trade Jenkins, Douglas, McKay, Hartigan (all highly unlikely)

Do all we can to get J McGovern.(Hartigan and pick 6/10 from Lever??)
Get Gibbs for pick 17 and McKay.

Last edited:

Menzel is an interesting one. I’d say he doesn’t get enough of the ball, but hell Jacob Townsend just played in a premiership side in a similar role. Reckon he’d go alright if needed. Goes well defensively, and sure knows where the goals are.

Assuming we get Gibbs, and lose Lever and Charlie:

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Seedsman
C: Atkins, Sloane, Gibbs
HF: Gallucci, Walker, Lynch
F: Betts, McGovern, Knight
R: Jacobs, Brouch, Mrouch
I/C: Greenwood, Kelly, Poholke, Hampton

My team at this stage in the assumption that Gibbs comes to the club and we lose both Lever and Cameron

B. Keath. Talia. Brown
HB. Laird. Hartigan. Gallucci.
C. Gibbs. M. Crouch. Seedsman.
HF. Lynch. Walker. Milera
F. McGovern. Jenkins. Betts.
R. Sauce. Sloane. B. Crouch
Int. Kelly. Greenwood. Atkins. Hampton

Emg: ROB. Doedee. Menzel

Out of GF team
Otten, DMac, Douglas, Lever and Cameron

In
Keath, Gibbs, Hampton, Gallucci and Milera

I recon circled area is a physically weak point. Wonder if Poholke could get in that area at stages for more grunt.

IMG_0149.jpg

Brown Talia Kelly
Laird Harto/Keith Doedee
Gibbs Mrouch Seed
Lynch Walker Galluci/Hampton
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Sauce Sloane Brouch
Knight Greenwood Atkins(needs a preseason on the tackling bags)1st round pick (tough hard fast mid)

Last edited:
Yep. Mileras third year and as a first rd pick needs to be a regular.

Same as Doedee.

Galluci gets fast tracked, we need his pace.

How did he go in the sprint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown ~ Hartigan ~ Keath
Laird ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Atkins ~ Sloane ~ Gibbs
Jacobs ~ M.Crouch ~ B.Crouch
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Cameron
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ McGovern
Galluci ~ Greenwood ~ Douglas
Milera

Pick 6/10, Knight, Menzel, Kelly, Hampton, Otten, CEY, Poholke, Jarman, Mackay

If Cameron goes give Menzel first crack.
Obviously adding Jeremy McGovern to this team would be ideal.

Mitch McGovern too.

Our best team better not be the same one as the GF.

We had a few Leon Davis performances that should end careers.

If i hear organic growth they can GAGF.

I'm not against the idea of partially relying on organic growth. We have three first round picks in the reserves who didn't play yesterday, and we desperately need an injection of freshness otherwise the pain of losing the GF may persist throughout the entirety of next year

I'm not against the idea of partially relying on organic growth. We have three first round picks in the reserves who didn't play yesterday, and we desperately need an injection of freshness otherwise the pain of losing the GF may persist throughout the entirety of next year
Ok fair call. Will accept, and organic growth, but would need to be an acceptable addition.

Lets face it if Gallucci and Pohlke (for example) arent close rd 1 and we still have Douglas and Mackay we are in for a world of hurt

I do accept that Mcgovern back in is a positive and i reckon Hampton in will be great.

once again we come to the end of the season and we're all throwing up the same names to be cut that we have time and time again.

when will we learn. The backing in of "experience" and "seniority", and going for "consistency" at the selection table has backfired two years in a row. The gambit has failed.

the 22 that took the field yesterday are not going to take the next step next year, and the players we will need to take that step are between 10 and 50 games behind where they should be.

Should not have played, it's been clear he's had issues with his calf for weeks.......Hampton would likely have offered more under those circumstances and would have been like for like.
Naaaa, Hampton looked pretty happy playing the wheel of fortune at the Crowne the night before the granny

Ok fair call. Will accept, and organic growth, but would need to be an acceptable addition.

Lets face it if Gallucci and Pohlke (for example) arent close rd 1 and we still have Douglas and Mackay we are in for a world of hurt

I do accept that Mcgovern back in is a positive and i reckon Hampton in will be great.

You'll be proven very wrong with Gallucci who will play plenty next year and Poholke likely gets some exposure as well but it will always be harder for him to break into the midfield especially if we bring in a proven quality mid in trade week. Don Pyke is not a fool.

You'll be proven very wrong with Gallucci who will play plenty next year and Poholke likely gets some exposure as well but it will always be harder for him to break into the midfield especially if we bring in a proven quality mid in trade week. Don Pyke is not a fool.

Sorry i wrote that poorly.

I meant they need to be contention, rather than me not rating them.

Didn't look very quick to me
Just got nutted in the qualifier by Jayden Hunt and looked sore near the finish of the final to me.

He is very quick, just go look at his Draft Combine testing results, finished in the very top end of all the athletic events.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-11-19/tomorrows-heroes-jordan-gallucci

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ea...r/news-story/35de7592f3d5f0bdd39660432da2d400

Reckon AFL Talent Manager Kevan Sheahan might have a few clues??

But one area where Gallucci certainly has McCluggage covered is the speed stakes. Just ask AFL national and international talent manager Kevin Sheehan, who struggles to find a flaw in the young gun’s game.

“What separates him is that he’s a super athlete,” Sheehan tells foxfooty.com.au.
“He’s super quick and agile and super powerful. You see moments in games where he just has so much speed and agility that he’s away in the blink of an eye, or it might be a brilliant standing jump where he just jumps straight over their shoulders and does something spectacular.

“You can just see him at AFL level showing brilliant speed, even against the best of the best athletes at AFL level.”

It’s for these reasons Gallucci has already begun drawing comparisons with one of the most electric players in the game. This year’s Norm Smith medallist.

“He’s got some traits of a Jason Johannisen with his run, it’s that spectacular,” Sheehan says.

“When he goes past people it’s like a JJ. He’s prepared to take people on. If he sees someone in front of him, he’s prepared to run around them. That’s what you see in the blink of the eye at times, he breaks the lines with his speed.

“He could play as the smaller defender. The way the game is now played, you want that burst from defence. He could play that role without a problem.”

But Gallucci’s skill-set is so extensive he could arguably occupy most positions.

Indeed, it’s his versatility that makes him such an attractive prospect at the draft. The superlatives are almost endless when it comes to describing the 18-year-old, who is tipped to get picked up in the opening round.

At the combine, where invitees are put through three days of gruelling testing, the Yarra Valley Grammar schoolboy was a standout.

Gallucci set a new record for the standing vertical jump at 89cm and was the quickest in the repeat sprint test. His explosiveness across a short distance was matched by his endurance, with Gallucci’s 14.5 beep test score the equal sixth best at the combine.

So is there a catch?

“He’s not as penetrating a kick as he’d like to be at times, but at other times on the run he gets great depth with his kicking,” Sheehan says.

“That’s an area he’ll improve on in the AFL environment. Chris Judd, they say they weren’t so sure about his kicking, but it’s different when you go into a full time environment. Things get corrected very quickly

“You couldn’t question his attitude, his athletic ability and his ball-winning ability, which I think are the key requirements.”

Despite the question marks hovering over Gallucci’s ability to roost the Sherrin, he had the third-most metres gained (422m) of any midfielder at the national championships.

Even his downside has upside.

While Villani and Sheehan could barely fault Gallucci’s skills, they certainly couldn’t fault his attitude. He’s ready-made for the demanding AFL bubble, one which disposes of even the most talented of youngsters if they don’t adopt professional standards.

But the transition should be seamless for Gallucci.

“He’s a very determined and driven young man who will thrive in an AFL environment,” Villani says.

“He thrives on pressure. I think he’ll be able to adjust and play some senior footy fairly quickly.”

So I'm using the current squad without Lever of course. Cameron I don't know, but have kept him in for this exercise.

Laird - Talia - Kelly

This line speaks for itself. Kelly needs to improve at the same rate he did this year but how much more does he have in him ?? A fit Talia is crucial.

Doedee - Harto - Brown

Brown here on paper only, reality is he can play either line. It does leave us without bounce of the halfback line but we generally play that 7th defender which MUST be a player with linebreaking ability. Cameron or Seedsman. Things get interesting if the McGovern rumours get louder.

Gallucci - Brouch - Seedsman

Gooch must play more footy next year, I expect Crouch to improve again if he gets a full summer and ditto for Seeds. Again, if we land Gibbs as expected then the mix changes a bit and Gooch drops to the bench. We apparently have interest in Gaff but he ends up in Melbourne IMO.

Lynch - Gov - Cameron

Jenkins should be put up for trade but assuming he stays he starts on the pine for Gov and a more mobile front half. Charlie should he stay needs to push into the midfield and Tom Lynch has to find a way in big games.

Betts - Walker - Menzel

I fear the cliff will come for Eddie midway through the year, I hope I'm wrong. Tex plays as the stay at home forward who doesn't venture outside 70. It's now or never for Menzel but he adds something to the mix. Motlop is an option here too.

Jacobs - Mrouch - Sloane

Almost tempted to shift Sloane to a wing, and if Gibbs comes then I believe this happens. Matt will only get better and I'm confident Sauce stays well around the mark.

Jenkins - Hampton - Greenwood - Milera

JJ isn't being traded, but in no way should he be guaranteed a best 22 spot. Would have no issues if he starts in the SANFL at all. The other 3 pick themselves but bear in mind this is a squad made from what we already have, and we are led to believe there's at least 1 reinforcement coming plus there's usually a couple of PS bolters.

Douglas, Mackay, Lever, Atkins and Otten miss from yesterday's side and again that's from players within our squad. I'm not stupid enough to believe we are going to do this but 1 is definite of course and another 2 are probable even without trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back