Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Review I read said his disposal efficiency was well down under pressure, which suggested to me there must have been moments when he was forced onto his right. Also suggested that he continues to work on improving his non-preferred side though. Do you see enough scope for improvement to play to the same standard as Zac Merrett?

Also, how likely is Charlie Constable to be available at Pick 11?
Obrien's kicking is very inconsistent. He can hit 50 metre targets and then shank easy kicks. What is not in doubt is his running which is elite. A much better comparison for obrien is Brent Stanton. The bombers would love constable at 11. I don't see him getting past st kilda especially if they retain both their picks.

It's baffling - strong body, good kick, excellent character. Not like he went under the radar - he captained SA at the champs.

Every year there are a couple of highly rated juniors who seem obvious high picks, but the industry decides otherwise and they go late before they then go on to become good players as it always seemed they would.

I was always a fan. Just another who they deem does not have enough X factor so down the order he goes.

Obrien's kicking is very inconsistent. He can hit 50 metre targets and then shank easy kicks. What is not in doubt is his running which is elite. A much better comparison for obrien is Brent Stanton. The bombers would love constable at 11. I don't see him getting past st kilda especially if they retain both their picks.

I think St Kilda will target outside guys. I can see them wanting LOB over Constable.

I think they'll go LOB and Coffield.

Constable a good chance to get to us i think.

Is this ranked in order of ability or how clubs will draft?
It is a bit tough I guess when trading week hasn't come yet.

Is this ranked in order of ability or how clubs will draft?
It is a bit tough I guess when trading week hasn't come yet.
A mix of how i feel they should go and what i think they might do. Nothing to do on how i rank them
Awesome work. Would be shocked if Bonar went ahead Balta and Naughton
I wouldnt, Bonar has more upside than both
is this October 1 edition?
Interesting read
Yes silly me haha

I would be interested to read your top 30 for talent. Regardless of reputation or position. Your top 30 players who you think will have the best AFL careers. Tough but interesting.

I’d love to see West Cost take Hayes with their first pick, I think their board would probably explode if they didn’t pick a midfielder :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One that I'm getting more interested in is Wooller. Was Jono Brown like in that elimationation final before getting injured. Reckon had he played the rest of that final series and the Allstar game he'd be up around the top 20.
I'm not so sure, he has played plenty of games like the one in that final. It's still difficult to project what he will be like at AFL level. He is a smart player but not blessed with great speed or athleticism and his game may not translate at the next level with much taller, quicker and more athletic key defenders

I'm not so sure, he has played plenty of games like the one in that final. It's still difficult to project what he will be like at AFL level. He is a smart player but not blessed with great speed or athleticism and his game may not translate at the next level with much taller, quicker and more athletic key defenders

Taylor Walkerish meets Jack Darling I'd imagine. I think he'll be pretty strong once fully developed, 90kgs already and he still has pretty thin arms/shoulders. If I had a choice out of him or Allen I'd be taking him as I think he'll be more likely to fill a role, where I think Allen might be a tweener without finding a real position.

Sydney have Sinclair, Naismith, Cameron and Tippet which should be enough
Tigers look happy enough with Nankervis and Hampson as back up. Rucks don't seem to be a priority for them

It should be a priority for both. Grigg was their 2nd ruck yesterday. Hampson is 30 next year. Hayes would be perfect for them as he can also play forward.

WC desperately need midfielders. They have one of the best rucks in the game. They aren't going to select a backup ruck over addressing the biggest hole in their team.

Can't see WC taking a ruck with their first pick.

Hayes to Sydney or Richmond imo.

I don't think that you can analyse a list to work our where Hayes will go. There are too many variables.

There will be a recruiter out there who loves him and that will be it. Taking the best available player who is a ruckman in the first round will almost never make any sense on paper.

I don't think that you can analyse a list to work our where Hayes will go. There are too many variables.

There will be a recruiter out there who loves him and that will be it. Taking the best available player who is a ruckman in the first round will almost never make any sense on paper.
Last year I thought he would go top 5. This year I think 10 to 15 is fair. He could be another Josh Fraser IMO.

Time of year where I start paying attention to draft prospects....hopefully all-star game come online soon.

Like Dow and LDU - classy movers.

Like Fogarty - very powerful, good kick, good mover. Great fend. Why does he seem to be sliding?

Stephensen - quick but his ball drop is loose, makes me nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back