Bachar Houli on AFL game day

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy for him. Has been maligned numerous times over the journey both by some of our fans and opposition fans. Seen him be called everything from soft to a spud to a thug. Stood up when the game was in the balance and helped influence the game. Had he converted 1 or 2 more of those misses, he'd have won the NS I reckon. Met the guy once at a player sponsorship event and he's a class act. Absolute gentleman who deserves all the plaudits and success he receives.

Honestly hes always been a solid hbf. A little bit one paced but great reader of the ball.

Always ultra consistent and has been a knock on him often or not doing stupid things. He cost richmond a gamr kicking up the guts from the kick out 20 seconds left when mundy. Who drilled it and won the game. Often or not haa some critical errors. The Lamb incident while not malice just kinda typified his tag of good player. Kinda unreliable

Was best on ground yesterday. An absolute wall. Played one of his better games and its the only time to do it to make people forget some of the errors over your career.

Moment came. Didnt faulter. Playes an extremely important role and waa flawless. Good on him

He or prestia deserved the medal over dusty yesterday. Good on him.

Doesn't change the fact he coward punched a bloke though

Seems like a thoughtful, principled man. Very likeable and well spoken.

Therefore tv networks will have no interest in approaching him for a role after footy.

Not that I think he will be concerned. Seems like the type to have his life after football planned out already.

Now that's just funny :D

One is assault, the other is the act of a flog.
I would have said, one happens on the field in a brief few hundredths of a second without time to contemplate ones actions.
The other happens off the field with plenty of time to contemplate the destruction it may cause to your marriage and life.

But hey you can equate them with emotive language if you wish.

I would have said, one happens on the field in a brief few hundredths of a second without time to contemplate ones actions.
The other happens off the field with plenty of time to contemplate the destruction it may cause to your marriage and life.

But hey you can equate them with emotive language if you wish.
Heat of the moment isn't actually a defense against assault, you realise that right?

"Hey I killed my wife, but it happened in a brief few hundredths of a second without time to contemplate my actions so its ok"

A lot of people exposing themselves as simply not watching enough footy to comment.

It seems that much like the Melbourne Cup, Australian Open, Grand Prix (insert any big sporting event held in Australia, etc.) - people show up in their droves as experts on the sport for one day per calendar year.

Houli has been capable of performances like that for years now. To be frank, he has been one of the better HBF players in the league since moving over to Richmond. Sure, it was one of his better games (and on the big stage), but to say things like "performed like we didn't know he was capable of" is simply ignorant.

Played great on Saturday and would have been a worthy winner of the medal.

Heat of the moment isn't actually a defense against assault, you realise that right?

"Hey I killed my wife, but it happened in a brief few hundredths of a second without time to contemplate my actions so its ok"
What's up with you? Ffs, the guy just hit someone on a footy field. He has played for years and it's his first blemish. He copped his time.

How on earth can you equate that with killing your wife? You are a flog of the highest order using that as a comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prophet mo consumated his marriage to his child bride when she was nine years old (and when he was 53), correct? Considering that he is the exemplar of human behaviour for all of mankind for eternity, it's a legitimate question.
No need to start a religious debate here. The poster just explained the meaning behind Houli's comments.

He's been a better footballer than many have given him credit for for a few years now IMO. Was BOG from my view yesterday but having said that you can't argue with Dusty winning the medal given how many scores he had his hand in.

On top of that, as some have stated he is an exceptional bloke and a class act. He helps out at his parents fish and chip shop near my place every year on Good Friday and the last couple of years he has recognised me from the previous year and has said g'day.

Basher was good on the telly, untouched by alcohol, untroubled by Judaeo Christian Sabbath, he turned up fresh articulate and talked of his love for the women in his life, leaving the neanderthals present lost for words, shocked to be sitting there.

Take it easy. Let's not glorify him to silly levels. Not drinking is not an admirable quality post-GF. It's merely a choice!

A lot of people exposing themselves as simply not watching enough footy to comment.

It seems that much like the Melbourne Cup, Australian Open, Grand Prix (insert any big sporting event held in Australia, etc.) - people show up in their droves as experts on the sport for one day per calendar year.

Houli has been capable of performances like that for years now. To be frank, he has been one of the better HBF players in the league since moving over to Richmond. Sure, it was one of his better games (and on the big stage), but to say things like "performed like we didn't know he was capable of" is simply ignorant.

Played great on Saturday and would have been a worthy winner of the medal.

Legend

Gets spoken of a lot of the time like he's a spud and a flake, but he's been a very good and consistent player for his entire 7 seasons at Richmond. A great person and ambassador for his faith and for the game as well.

Last edited:
Basher was good on the telly, untouched by alcohol, untroubled by Judaeo Christian Sabbath, he turned up fresh articulate and talked of his love for the women in his life, leaving the neanderthals present lost for words, shocked to be sitting there.

Mark Robinson, is that you?

Prophet mo consumated his marriage to his child bride when she was nine years old (and when he was 53), correct? Considering that he is the exemplar of human behaviour for all of mankind for eternity, it's a legitimate question.
Tell us ur beliefs and allow us to make similarly ignoramous-like assertions. Just to be fair.

The new tactics have made him.

The 2017 Richmond kicking game combined with the pressure applied in the forward half, result in the ball not coming out as often or as easily.

This allows him to be more offensively utilised behind the ball, whilst limiting exposure to his pace liabilities.

he is also about 5lbs leaner, he has noticeably leaned up, this has helped his agility and pace, and they are no longer weaknesses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back