Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawks and Tigers both apparently interested in Mason Cox.

What's he worth in a trade?

Somewhere in the 2nd round, mid so 25 to 30.

Rucks seem to cost a bit more when it seems they arent worth it but then that's supply and demand. Go look on the fantasy sites at the lust of current AFL rucks. It doesn't take long before it reaches players with little experience.

Witts was traded for picks 44 and 62, so you'd think similar. ~Pick 35 - 45 sounds about right.
Maybe, but at the same time Witts was never able to demonstrate an ability to take contested marks and kick goals either.

It's a difficult one, because both Witts and Nankervis went for cheaper last year than what would normally be paid for rucks who are still young and have demonstrated an ability to compete at the top level.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
A crack at putting a number next to all the players rumoured to be leaving. I've tried to take into account whether they are contracted and other factors etc.

I've probably gone more for what someone would be willing to pay rather than what what a team would willingly take for them.

No doubt I've got them all wrong... lol

Definitely open to changing my opinion on any of them.

Gibbs - 10
Lever - 10 and 30
Gaff - 7
Balic - 55
Ah Chee (Port) - 60
Crozier - 50
Wilson - 20
Cameron - 20-25
Matera - 50
Goldstein - won't happen as no one wants his salary and North don't want a token pick for him
Impey - 40
Lamb - no value
Masten - 55
Schofield - 55
Watts - 35
Saad - 45
Stringer - 15
Smith - 20
Kennedy - 20
Miles - 50
Ablett - 35
Schache - 15
Taberner - 50
Hartung - 50
Fasolo - 40

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
A crack at putting a number next to all the players rumoured to be leaving. I've tried to take into account whether they are contracted and other factors etc.

I've probably gone more for what someone would be willing to pay rather than what what a team would willingly take for them.

Gibbs - 10
Lever - 10 and 30
Gaff - 7
Balic - 55
Ah Chee (Port) - 60
Crozier - 50
Wilson - 20
Cameron - 20-25
Matera - 50
Goldstein - won't happen as no one wants his salary and North don't want a token pick for him
Impey - 40
Lamb - no value
Masten - 55
Schofield - 55
Watts - 35
Saad - 45
Stringer - 15
Smith - 20
Kennedy - 20
Miles - 50
Ablett - 35
Schache - 15
Taberner - 50
Hartung - 50
Fasolo - 40
Think Watts would merit about 20-25. I'd be really comfortable & happy if Hawks got Watts for 32

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Gibbs - 10
Lever - 10 and 30
Gaff - 7
Balic - 55
Ah Chee (Port) - 60
Crozier - 50
Wilson - 20
Cameron - 20-25
Matera - 50
Impey - 40
Lamb - no value
Masten - 55
Schofield - 55
Watts - 35
Saad - 45
Stringer - 15
Smith - 20
Kennedy - 20
Miles - 50
Ablett - 35
Schache - 15
Taberner - 50
Hartung - 50
Fasolo - 40

Saad is probably worth half of what you've got him for imo.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
If we could get Saad for pick 45 I'd do it in a heartbeat. Bloke has genuine pace and isn't afraid to take the game on.

Four players had more than 50 bounces in 2017; Treloar (53), Heath Shaw (59) and Motlop (64) and Saad (93).

There players had more than 5 bounces in 2016; Motlop (51), Saad (55) and Heath Shaw (70). Saad played 10 games.

Anthony Miles will request a trade, very good in the VFL and can slot straight into an AFL side as a reliable inside mid, wonder which clubs will be interested.
I reckon Gold Coast could be his new home, they're screaming for mids

Played half a good season and ended with a bag kicked on him. I think he's worth about what Carlton paid for him in the first place, late second.
Agreed, but he has a lot of the Jason Mooney's about him. High value off the back of a decent half season but has been so flakey in the past I'd be very hesitant to give up much for him.

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
What's the consensus in the value of these Richmond players:
- Miles
- Bachelor
- Lloyd
- Lennon

Lloyd is the only one contracted. Would love to hold onto all 4 given we were kissed on the D with injuries all year and that's unlikely to happen next year.

3rd rounders for all? Miles and Lloyd would be very handy pickups for bottom 8 side and Batchelor is just far too good and VFL level.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Gibbs - 10
Lever - 10 and 30
Gaff - 7
Balic - 55
Ah Chee (Port) - 60
Crozier - 50
Wilson - 20
Cameron - 20-25
Matera - 50
Impey - 40
Lamb - no value
Masten - 55
Schofield - 55
Watts - 35
Saad - 45
Stringer - 15
Smith - 20
Kennedy - 20
Miles - 50
Ablett - 35
Schache - 15
Taberner - 50
Hartung - 50
Fasolo - 40

Port would ask for west coasts pick 48 for ah chee. If west coast had that pick tied up elsewhere and honestly could not do anything about that and ah chee asked to go we would likely just send him off for a nothing pick but our ask would be that pick 48 and I think west Coast would do it straight off the bat.

Impey is contracted and teams are circling him as opposed to port looking to offload him. Pick 40 would be the extreme extreme low end of his value. I think hawthorns pick 32, Geelong pick 33 or dogs picks 26 (or 28 if they get that in from dons) are going to be what's on the table for impey from day one. Don't see Port even returning phone calls for any less.

Back