Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final

Who will you be barracking for on Grand Final day?

• Adelaide

Votes: 77 68.8%
  • Punt Rd Ferals

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Won't be watching

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So this Adelaide power stance pre game, is it true that after the anthem tex Walker takes a step forward and Keeps staring ?

Seriously
Yes he did it in the first 2 finals and yesterday but we broke away real quick and ran the other way and he still did it but nobody was there.
Looked even more cringe as a result

Yes he did it in the first 2 finals and yesterday but we broke away real quick and ran the other way and he still did it but nobody was there.
Looked even more cringe as a result

Total cringe ....

Two football clubs, two blocks away, two premierships in two days.

Cam and Dusty do the triple in the same year.

Edit: Scratch that. BILLY gets the Clive Churchill

GO THE STORM!

Last edited:
IF anyone saw Cooper's (Cowboys captain) speech. Compare it to Taylor Walker's.

That's what makes Walker a pissweak captain and Cooper a champ.

Some sanity restored to the weekend, well done Storm.

Can we please borrow your tackling coach for the off season? Relentless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gets the feeling that when we win it, the media won't want to paint a sexy story like Richmond. Probably mention we should of won anyway, as we raided gws etc etc...

If/when we win our next flag you sit around waiting for all journalists who are EFC/Tiger/Pie supporting flogs to congratulate us?

You'll be terribly disappointed!!!

First time I have logged on this weekend. Watched the final with my dad and a couple of friends. Thought it was a great final.

Tigers a bit slow to get going but once they did, WOWEE they took their game to another level. Well done to them and all of their supporters. I have a Tiger supporter friend and she was actually their. A friend got her a ticket and her mother paid for half of her airfare I'm really happy for her that she got to experience her teams win.

I haven't read any of the posts so that will be an interesting read. Well done to the crowd yesterday, it looked and sounded awesome on tv. Loved the Killers. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch any of the celebrations as I had to drive my dad back to his residential facility plus entertain a non footy friend. I still think the doggies win last year was better.

Thought everyone of the Tigers contributed even Grigg, who was great against Jacobs. More thoughts later.

For the supporters on here who were old enough to have celebrated 1995 and other flags, what were the scenes like in Carlton? Anything like last nights?

Seeing footage of Richmond last night made me pretty envious. I'm assuming Richmond celebrations were so big because of the close ties the club still has to the suburb and establishments in the area.

First time I have logged on this weekend. Watched the final with my dad and a couple of friends. Thought it was a great final. Tigers a bit slow to get going but once they did, WOWEE they took their game to another level. Well done to them and all of their supporters. I have a Tiger supporter friend and she was actually their. A friend got her a ticket and her mother paid for half of her airfare I'm really happy for her that she got to experience her teams win. I haven't read any of the posts so that will be an interesting read. Well done to the crowd yesterday, it looked and sounded awesome on tv. Loved the Killers. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch any of the celebrations as I had to drive my dad back to his residential facility plus entertain a non footy friend. I still think the doggies win last year was better. Thought everyone of the Tigers contributed even Grigg, who was great against Jacobs. More thoughts later.
Look forward to it.

First time I have logged on this weekend. Watched the final with my dad and a couple of friends. Thought it was a great final. Tigers a bit slow to get going but once they did, WOWEE they took their game to another level. Well done to them and all of their supporters. I have a Tiger supporter friend and she was actually their. A friend got her a ticket and her mother paid for half of her airfare I'm really happy for her that she got to experience her teams win. I haven't read any of the posts so that will be an interesting read. Well done to the crowd yesterday, it looked and sounded awesome on tv. Loved the Killers. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch any of the celebrations as I had to drive my dad back to his residential facility plus entertain a non footy friend. I still think the doggies win last year was better. Thought everyone of the Tigers contributed even Grigg, who was great against Jacobs. More thoughts later.

Grigg played an important role. Ran Jacobs ragged who was dominating early. In the end Nankervis was jumping over Jacobs. Credit to grigg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the supporters on here who were old enough to have celebrated 1995 and other flags, what were the scenes like in Carlton? Anything like last nights?

Seeing footage of Richmond last night made me pretty envious. I'm assuming Richmond celebrations were so big because of the close ties the club still has to the suburb and establishments in the area.

95 wasn't that mad, felt more like a healing of previous disappointment. It was a loooonnng time waiting for the Tigers. Hope you younguns experience it sometime soon.

I remember going into Lygon Street that night and no, it was nothing even close.

Mind you, we weren't coming off 37 years of disappointment.

I think it was more relief that we hadn't capitulated in the finals series after the season we had, unlike in '94.

It may be interesting to ask those with clear memories of '68 what celebrations were like as we were coming off a long period without success then. I was a little too young to remember that one, all I remember is watching the replay.

Would expect the celebrations after our next premiership to be something very different.

The problem with Adelaide is that they're a very good ordinary football team. They don't have the star power to turn their game up another notch. Richmond had guys who are on that level like Cotchin and Martin. The best Adelaide players are on about the same level as Richmond's second tier players. They proved it on the weekend. Personally, as good as Bryce is, I don't think he changes that one iota.

Back