Tigers - 2017 Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

The only premiership guersey has been the traditional one on sale which is odd.
We had to plan for a win weeks ago so if we did get up from an off field perspective the club was ready to go. Apparently we consulted other clubs who have won recent flags and sought advice. I don't think that our planning included the contingency of being told to wear the away jumper which we were advised of only last week.

Edited, one player was missing :p

thanks mate

Bolton (18), Stengle (18), Garthwaite (19), Chol (20), CEllis (20), Menadue, Moore, Markov... and co. will also be knocking on the door with a couple of first rounders for trade week or the draft.

Big chance for the club on and off field to set things up well

Last edited:
I love it, unlike a lot of other away jumpers its strong and distinctive, and doesnt resort to just throwing a few colours or a logo on a white background. Most of all it LOOKS RICHMOND, unlike a lot of other teams away jumper which looks nothing like the clubs top because of the stupid designer/white s**t they try.

its the only jumper i have seen us win a flag in, and because of all the circumstances its a special part of our history now. A lot of teams redesign theirs every year or two, i hope and pray we never do, its now part of the club. its the one im going to buy when they come out with a premiers version of it, and i will wear it proud just like the players have.
Thats an excellent way of looking at it

It - the away strip - is now a part of your history as you say

a438bda7404a93cc434ef4c3f4b3feb0

and it looks good with blue winners medals ribbons

9004458-3x2-700x467.jpg

Last edited:

Dread was my first thought with the likelihood the players having to wear the clash strip, but once the game started, I absolutely loved the contrast that was created between the two teams.

It was brilliant being at the game, and seeing us win in this now historic guernsey. I will be purchasing one very soon and shall wear it to our round one match vs the blues!!! Carn the tigers!!!!

I picked Adelaide to win. Apart from 1st quarter, Richmond dominated. It was a great win, Richmond are well deserved premiers. They have also taken premiership celebrations to a new level. The Richmond theme song is still buzzing in my head. I'm North through and through but well done Richmond.

Well done tigers , not the best team in it but the best team in September when it counts

Reckon the bye before finals will get the boot , the traditional higher placed teams will make sure of it

No injuries and some good luck and manic pressure got the tigers home , would it have been the same result had they played the cats at Geelong ?

Expected better from the crows

I'm not sure why everyone keeps going on about the final being played in geelong...the only final to be played in geelong was against the dockers every other final they have played has been at the G or Waverley... And no one was complaining about the venue in any of those games
People keep saying we had an easy draw in the finals series... We didn't play a team from the bottom half of the top 8. We played second, fourth and first in that order and thumped them all
Probably shouldn't have attached this to your post as you aren't attacking us but lots are... Given the facts I find this curious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak year.

Gee that finals series was boring for neutrals. Shocking.
Stop posting about it then you salty campaigner.

Enjoy having the longest GF drought in the league which won't end anytime soon.

Stop posting about it then you salty campaigner.

Enjoy having the longest GF drought in the league which won't end anytime soon.
I'm trying to figure out other pursuits in life. What is football without laughing at the Tiges occasionally?

It was comforting.

The Tigers were presented to their adoring fans today by Tiffany Cherry. As if they weren't already blessed enough. Sweet Jesus. Let me just think about that for a minute. Christ it's difficult to type one handed. OK, I'm done. Where was I? Oh yes. Richmond supporters scroll on, I'll give you a moment. No really. Tigers fans don't want to read this. Trust me. All gone? Good. Now, I'm of the opinion, and as Hutchy would say, 'this is just one person's opinion, it's neither right nor wrong', but I believe that the Tigers inherited all of the Bulldogs luck from last year, and upped the ante. The Cats game was line ball until Guthrie & Colojazny (sic) were incapacitated. Then Mumford & Cameron didn't turn up for the prelim. And yesterday Greenwood (calf), Kelly (hamstring), Cameron (calf) & Jenkins (ribs) were stuffed by half time. Plenty of teams would have achieved those three wins. Dare I say it, even the Magpies. Looks like we've reached a point where the healthiest team wins the flag. Put your best 22 on the park more often than anyone else, and it's all yours. If that's how it's gonna be, fine, but don't bother trying to predict next years premier. It could be anybody. I have a house plant that could be premier. I water it every day. Beautiful pink and blue flowers. It deserves a trophy. No, I'm not taking this well. I saw the Tigers beat the Eagles earlier this year at the G, and their fans still booed the umpires off after the game. Pretty low. Doesn't surprise me in the least that they set fire to an Adelaide car after the grand final. Then again, their unsavoury demeanour was probably sparked by the constant kicking they got from the press in 2016. What's the end goal for these journos? A riot? They nearly got one.

I'm trying to figure out other pursuits in life. What is football without laughing at the Tiges occasionally?

It was comforting.

They say being able to laugh at ones self is character building... Give that a shot...im sure you will find plenty of mirth in your minnow club trying to squirm out of being deported to Tasmania

The Tigers were presented to their adoring fans today by Tiffany Cherry. As if they weren't already blessed enough. Sweet Jesus. Let me just think about that for a minute. Christ it's difficult to type one handed. OK, I'm done. Where was I? Oh yes. Richmond supporters scroll on, I'll give you a moment. No really. Tigers fans don't want to read this. Trust me. All gone? Good. Now, I'm of the opinion, and as Hutchy would say, 'this is just one person's opinion, it's neither right nor wrong', but I believe that the Tigers inherited all of the Bulldogs luck from last year, and upped the ante. The Cats game was line ball until Guthrie & Colojazny (sic) were incapacitated. Then Mumford & Cameron didn't turn up for the prelim. And yesterday Greenwood (calf), Kelly (hamstring), Cameron (calf) & Jenkins (ribs) were stuffed by half time. Plenty of teams would have achieved those three wins. Dare I say it, even the Magpies. Looks like we've reached a point where the healthiest team wins the flag. Put your best 22 on the park more often than anyone else, and it's all yours. If that's how it's gonna be, fine, but don't bother trying to predict next years premier. It could be anybody. I have a house plant that could be premier. I water it every day. Beautiful pink and blue flowers. It deserves a trophy. No, I'm not taking this well. I saw the Tigers beat the Eagles earlier this year at the G, and their fans still booed the umpires off after the game. Pretty low. Doesn't surprise me in the least that they set fire to an Adelaide car after the grand final. Then again, their unsavoury demeanour was probably sparked by the constant kicking they got from the press in 2016. What's the end goal for these journos? A riot? They nearly got one.
sad, just sad

They say being able to laugh at ones self is character building... Give that a shot...im sure you will find plenty of mirth in your minnow club trying to squirm out of being deported to Tasmania

I rekn there's a bit more to be had at tigerland.

Gotta love em.

Richmond supporters will be insufferable......but hey, they deserve it for sticking fat through all the down times.
a lot of people have taken great delight in kicking tiges fans when theyve been down, for years
it must have taken real courage

a lot of people have taken great delight in kicking tiges fans when theyve been down, for years
it must have taken real courage
I know how you feel. Dogs were easy to troll before last year, we were the low hanging fruit around here. The "good at making prelims" and "black and white silent movie footage of your last flag" etc etc etc just wears you down over time. Its nice to give some back.

Then these campaigners say youre bad winners. Screw em, keep dishing it out.

It was a team effort so thanks to the following clubs.

Thank you Essendon for not picking Dimma as your coach and then giving us Houli for nothing.
Thank you Carlton for giving us Grigg for Collins.
Thank you Collingwood for letting go of Balme for a guy that ended up with a year suspension.
Thank you Treloar for picking Collingwood. We would have missed Prestia, Rioli, Caddy and Graham of he picked us.
Thank you Cats for giving us Caddy AND the pick we got Graham with. And then not appreciating Caracalla and making him want to leave.
Thank you Lids for bringing up Caddys name in trade discussions with Cats and dislodging Caddy from being no chance of moving.
Thank you Melbourne for having the first 2 picks in the draft and still leaving us Dusty. (And thank you McMahon for kicking the after the siren goal so they got those picks).
Thank you Brisbane for sacking Lepitsch.
Thank you Swans for being so overloaded with great rucks like Tippet that you gave us Nank for peanuts.

I rekn there's a bit more to be had at tigerland.

Gotta love em.
We are premiers what could you possibly have to laugh at?

Keep living off the 90's team you had, you will end up with a longer drought then we had except we had the capacity to stay afloat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back