• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
no. they won flags without him. Buddy is a freak anyway. He's like best player in the competition freaky who just happens to be really tall.
What really got me about Richmond was they brought the same pressure & intensity Freo had in 2013 but they had players forward of the ball for the fast break always. We never do so we always have to hold it up.
As for the kids today I loved what I saw from Uniake.

I didn't watch the u18 curtain raiser....What impressed you about Uniake?

Danny82

All Australian
May 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have heard and seen a lot of Rayner, uniake and Stephenson. The other top 5 candidates at Dow and cerra - what are these 2 like? I think Stephenson will be the Bolter a bit like Taranto last year and will end up pick 3, so leaving Dow and cerra for the next 2

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Have heard and seen a lot of Rayner, uniake and Stephenson. The other top 5 candidates at Dow and cerra - what are these 2 like? I think Stephenson will be the Bolter a bit like Taranto last year and will end up pick 3, so leaving Dow and cerra for the next 2

For mine, Cerra's outstanding traits are his decision making and good skills to match. He looks fairly average in overall speed but has super agility and can move really well in traffic. Cerra is also a true inside midfielder for mine.

I am not as big on Dow; he is good at most things and fairly/very consistent but for mine has no outstanding attributes apart from maybe work ethic. Can play inside and outside. Wins above average possession numbers and has neat skills without being outstanding. Fast enough on the field without being outstanding. (Which means we will probably draft him).

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't watch the u18 curtain raiser....What impressed you about Uniake?
Just did a bit of everything, good around a clearance, can take a mark and kick a goal, good size, strong, decent skills.
I probably shouldn't really be commenting at this point about the draft, hardly looked at the field this year.
Uniake just caught my eye as someone that might turn out a half decent AFL player.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't rate Cerra, Dow or DU?

Lloyd on Road to the Draft said that their were 7 players in the first block of players and was very pleased with pick 5.
I'd prefer Rayney or Stephenson then those three. I was on the Brander train but he was a bit underwhelming and Oscar Allen looked better than him in that all stars game (needs work on his kicking though).

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
w

Lloyd on Road to the Draft said that their were 7 players in the first block of players and was very pleased with pick 5.
Wonder if Darcy Fogarty is one of them...do you rate him EF75.....is he able to go to the combine....i have a question mark over his reflex speed re tackling and handball and that would clear it up one way or the other

Last edited:
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

Seem a bit vanilla. Probably not the right word but I can't get excited about them I suppose.

With pick 5 I want a HIGH ceiling and I think those three I mentioned have that.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Personally I prefer Fogarthy but don't think Freo will pick him . The other is Vic metro Jack Higgins .

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Is there a Dustin Martin in the draft ? That what we need. That mid/forward that breaks tackles and has that amazing upper body strength. I would say Higgins seems to be that type but he isn’t that tall hmmmmm. Would love to see a one on one marking contest between all the groups mids,forwards,backs etc to see players who have that amazing core strength to mark and break a tackle

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
w

Wonder if Darcy Fogarty is one of them...do you rate him EF75.....is he able to go to the combine....i have a question mark over his reflex speed re tackling and handball and that would clear it up one way or the other

In two minds about Fogarty, is he the next Pavlich or the next Panos.

Is he a tall forward or a midfielder?

Just not sure.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is there a Dustin Martin in the draft ? That what we need. That mid/forward that breaks tackles and has that amazing upper body strength. I would say Higgins seems to be that type but he isn’t that tall hmmmmm. Would love to see a one on one marking contest between all the groups mids,forwards,backs etc to see players who have that amazing core strength to mark and break a tackle
Rayner.

Back