Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

PC brigade will be here shortly blasting "misogynistic", "bigot" and other choice buzz-words at people.
Impossible that a female just wasnt right for the role without their being some hidden agenda. :rolleyes:
Keep fighting the good fight, hold those pitchforks and torches aloft people.
I'm happy to be labled as a sexist, but if putting the AFLW application first ahead of dingley took even 1% performance away from the men's team then she rightly has been sent packing

I believe it has something to do with the AFLW application, she put the Dingley project on the back burner and went hard at the AFLW application which failed miserably.

Damn it, a Hawthorn scoop I have not broken!

The AFL is playing with fire by putting on this facade that it cares about women's football and LGTBI issues.

At the end of the day, the AFL are playing these cards to secure Government Grants/Concessions and the like.

Interesting day. Her Athletics Australia background is interesting too, David Grace QC tried to play both sides of the fence in the Essendon case.

PC brigade will be here shortly blasting "misogynistic", "bigot" and other choice buzz-words at people.
Impossible that a female just wasnt right for the role without there being some hidden agenda. :rolleyes:
Keep fighting the good fight, hold those pitchforks and torches aloft people.

Regardless of whether you have a penis or a vagina, if you want the big bucks, you have to perform. That is being non-discriminatory and Corporately Responsible. The AFL is playing this Social Engineering issue too it seems...

I know these are superficial and minor things but judging by her Twitter feed she didn’t seem that engaged in the role. Seemed to have more tweets about cycling than Hawthorn (or AFL) and in her bio she just says ‘Hawthorn Football Club’ (and her cycling past) without even mentioning she was actually CEO. And the only time she seemed to be directly tweeting about the Hawks was the AFLW bid so the theory she became too focussed on that does seem valid.

Remind me - who was sacked?
5 months in, can't say too much for the Hawks' off-field achievements this year....or most years really, but they had flags to fill the void.

No finals, No off-field success, Losing the unlosable Rising Star......something had to give.

Likelihood is she wasn't good.
AFL, Hawks internal and external feedback poor - something tells me it was a poor appointment.

Some pretty disturbing photos from her past have emerged:

CenHaSaWQAAH0Ts.jpg

rofl

We have two f**king saboteurs running our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How it usually goes:

- I'm a strong, independent woman and want to be treated equally.
*gets sacked*
- You can't do this, I'm a woman!

This has zero to do with gender and everything to do with competency.

5 months in, can't say too much for the Hawks' off-field achievements this year....or most years really, but they had flags to fill the void.

No finals, No off-field success, Losing the unlosable Rising Star......something had to give.

Likelihood is she wasn't good.
AFL, Hawks internal and external feedback poor - something tells me it was a poor appointment.

Poor appointments happen all the time. People sometimes say one thing in interviews and do something else on the job. I reckon she was more interested in the AFLW bid at the expense of the core business with the mens team. Or she was just terrible, that happens too and 5 months is enough time for people to be really sure.

Poor appointments happen all the time. People sometimes say one thing in interviews and do something else on the job. I reckon she was more interested in the AFLW bid at the expense of the core business with the mens team.

You'd hope not, but I have that suspicion too.

Poor appointments happen all the time. People sometimes say one thing in interviews and do something else on the job. I reckon she was more interested in the AFLW bid at the expense of the core business with the mens team. Or she was just terrible, that happens too and 5 months is enough time for people to be really sure.
yep.
5 months and consistent poor feedback isn't going to bode well.
esp when there are some strong candidates out there to replace them.

Add to that, the hawks are entering a wilderness period now.
Off-field success is going to be critical to their fan-base staying energised
As a supporter of a club that got this stuff terribly wrong a few years back, it's importance can't be understated.

How it usually goes:

- I'm a strong, independent woman and want to be treated equally.
*gets sacked*
- You can't do this, I'm a woman!

This has zero to do with gender and everything to do with competency.
So why try and make it about that?

I take it you're just another typical conservative ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back