TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
So what are you're hopes for you're teams 2018 fixture?

Whether it's stadiums you haven't played at for a long time or alternatively ones you dislike playing at.

Teams you would like double ups against

Blockbuster games

Etc. You get the idea.

-----

- Adelaide away, ridiculously long period in between games.
- Play Fremantle at home, we've played them in Melbourne twice since 2009.
- Not play Sydney twice, played them twice two years in a row, one meeting in Melbourne. (Played 4/6 past games against them in Sydney.)
- Geelong away, would like to tick that one off.
--
Non-Carlton requests:
- Anzac Eve/Anzac Day teams cross over the next week (Assuming Essendon-Melbourne and Collingwood-Richmond given the Queen's Birthday Clash)

- One (or both) of the Adelaide teams at home (played twice in Adelaide and neither at home in 2017)
- Brisbane at home
- Carlton away

That covers any fixture lopsidedness that's been experienced over the past couple seasons

Then there's the usuals like:

- At least two games at the MCG (our record there is pretty good as is but experience counts for a lot)
- Limited number of 6 day breaks (happy to not play any Friday night fixtures if this is the case. They start too early as home games anyway)
- No Tassie trips
- One trip each to QLD/NSW
- At least once to AO to lessen travel burden
- Darwin/Alice Springs can GAGF

2 Ballarat games vs low drawing interstate (although one Adelaide team probably likely.

Retain good Friday vs North

We should also not be ditched for women's game vs melbourne, irony being it drew lower without us

Not to travel to geelong for once

Still obtain around 3 Friday nights and be in melbourne (even though we had 7 last year only two in melbiurne)

Saturday afternoons are great, more please

We haven't vs Carlton twice in more than a decade I reckon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 friday night home games against Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney.
No games in Tassie, happy to play Melbourne up in Darwin again.
3-4 games at the MCG
Saturday night showdown, sick off the stupid sunday twilight showdowns.
More games on early sunday timeslot, seem to get very strong crowds

Horks - Freo in Tasmania twice

Lions - Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn home games, Essendon at Etihad, no trips to Perth

I wouldn't mind 22 games against Melbourne. Happy to rotate between the G, Etihad and whatever the Hobart oval is called this week.

Dream Fixture requests
Double ups against North,Carlton,Melbourne,St Kilda,Gold Coast/Brisbane
1. Home game against Sydney (Etihad or MCG)
2. Limited Friday nights. 3 Max
3. Have HOME Etihad games against interstate teams
4. Richmond in round 6

That's about it

My wish list for Port:

- St Kilda at Etihad. Haven't played them there since 2013. In fact, they've travelled to Adelaide 8 times since they last played a South Australian team at home :eek:

- A Tasmania game. Haven't played down there since 2013 and we do have a few supporters there as well. I'd prefer to play North there and play Hawthorn in Melbourne

- Ballarat again. I really enjoyed the day when we played the Bulldogs down there this year and would love to do that again.

- Swans at home & GWS at Spotless. Not necessarily to give us any better chances of winning or anything, we're just 'due'.

My wish list

Melbourne x2
MCG match against Richmond
Good Friday again, think we put in an entertaining match this year.
Easier start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back