Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how so many are quick to blame a pioneering woman. What did she do that was so wrong? Did anyone at Hawthorn at any point in her short stay give her any constructive criticism? If so, did she ignore it?

What did they see in her that made her worthy of the job? And how did it disappear irredeemably in such a short space of time?

Was it really some big failing on her behalf or did they just appoint a woman for the sake of it with a plan to get rid of her ASAP and then blame her while patting themselves on the back for their feminism?

Funny how so many are quick to blame a pioneering woman. What did she do that was so wrong? Did anyone at Hawthorn at any point in her short stay give her any constructive criticism? If so, did she ignore it?

What did they see in her that made her worthy of the job? And how did it disappear irredeemably in such a short space of time?

Was it really some big failing on her behalf or did they just appoint a woman for the sake of it with a plan to get rid of her ASAP and then blame her while patting themselves on the back for their feminism?

This will get a few bites and I told you so's

Seems to me to just be a bad pick and a poor selection process.

The top reason for her firing seems to have been "lack of football experience".. presumably they knew that when they hired her? :cool:

Generally someone in a senior position does not become "fully effective" until 6 months into the job. She is only 5 months into the job? What went wrong? If she got feedback did she tell them to go jump?

I can't think of any AFL CEOs who got canned so quickly. I can't imagine its actually that hard a job.

Maybe she pointed out that Dingley was a big risk and needs a partnership or greater outside, or inside involvement (AFLW) to reduce the risk.

Maybe the board who approved the purchase of Dingley didn't like hearing anything contradictory to their previously determined plan.

See, it doesn't really take much to be the next Barrett.

Whatever it is, it's a stuff up and possibly nobody will really know all the real reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She will be ALL OVER THIS!

It's confusing that her or Barrett weren't already laying the groundwork if it's been known for over a week and now the resigning of a board member and still nothing from the club to its members

Maybe there's a mutiny going on - whole thing is bizzare and considering it took six months for them to appoint someone last time, I'm hoping they just give it to Silver

Ruthless on and off field that's why we have an unbelievable average since 1961, a premiership every 4.3 years. Clarko will get another one.
Cut and dried ruthlessness can be good for a club, but there's a fine line. Overt ruthlessness brought the Tigers down for nigh on 40 years. HFC better tread carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back