Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that the current highly placed non-vic sides such as the Giants, Eagles and Crows struggle playing in Melbourne and might have to be lucky enough to play another non-vic side on GF day to win a premiership. Sydney, with the Geelong semi-final aside, looks to be one of the few sides that generally don't lose their edge on the MCG. I think even we show that we can play quite well in Melbourne be it at Etihad or the MCG in comparison to some of the top interstate sides considering we're bottom on the ladder. People talk about the Giants becoming a future multiple premiership winning team, but I can just see them stumbling on the big stage as the Eagles did against Hawthorn and as the Crows did against the Tiges.

Also, getting Caddy, Prestia, and Nankervis from other clubs and being some of their best players also helped.

Can't help but think that Prestia's flag is another dagger in the Suns' heart.

Caddy started at the Suns, too.

Seems that the current highly placed non-vic sides such as the Giants, Eagles and Crows struggle playing in Melbourne and might have to be lucky enough to play another non-vic side on GF day to win a premiership. Sydney, with the Geelong semi-final aside, looks to be one of the few sides that generally don't lose their edge on the MCG. I think even we show that we can play quite well in Melbourne be it at Etihad or the MCG in comparison to some of the top interstate sides considering we're bottom on the ladder. People talk about the Giants becoming a future multiple premiership winning team, but I can just see them stumbling on the big stage as the Eagles did against Hawthorn and as the Crows did against the Tiges.
May be because the Gabba dimensions are most similar to the MCG out of any of the other home grounds?

And I thought yesterday's match was a let down after a great first half, this game was over before it even begun

Jeez Suns aren't looking good. Quarter of their entire list looks to be out the door and no coach still - we had Fagan in by pretty much thia time last year. Odd look to have some critical roles in trading/drafting period held by people who are likely to be cut loose under the new regime. Concerning.

GWS moving on from Shaw and Mumford. I know Shaw was average this year but suddenly I feel like they will slide (albeit slightly) next year

Massive injury issues this year and they never really clicked afterwards. If that improves...

But on the other hand, some of their recent mature recruits are head scratchers. They did it really well initially, but they way overpaid for the warmed-up corpse of Deledio there's a few more who are well past it and not really the leader types either.

If they can sort the injuries out, then maybe, but yeah they're not looking like the unstoppable juggernaut at this stage.

Congrats 2 my second club the Melbourne Storm on a remarkable season and Grand Final win.
Yep , great team and great coach .
Imo Bellamy is one of the best coaches of either code .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive injury issues this year and they never really clicked afterwards. If that improves...

But on the other hand, some of their recent mature recruits are head scratchers. They did it really well initially, but they way overpaid for the warmed-up corpse of Deledio there's a few more who are well past it and not really the leader types either.

If they can sort the injuries out, then maybe, but yeah they're not looking like the unstoppable juggernaut at this stage.
If Deledio can have an injury free run, I could see him playing a valuable role for them next year. He's not that old and he isn't someone who is too beaten up by footy.

The problem he has is his recent injuries are "old man" soft tissue injuries which are difficult to shake.

Counterpoint- nah **** the storm, it's not professional wrestling.
Each 2 their own. Must admit I was not a rugby lover 4 years ago but my kids kept nagging me to go watch the storm and have been going when we can for the last 3 years. AAMI park a great venue 2 watch. Atmosphere, entertainment is great. When you can go to a prelimanary final at AAMI Park and it costs you $ 20.00 for an adult then in my opinion it is great value. Don't underestimate the skill of the game. Our AFL game now has so many packs ,scrimmages and congestions as well.

Same here......always love it when they shove it up the noses of the NSW people.
Especially Gus Gould the numb skull. Apparently Sydney's top rugby league reporter said its boring when Melbourne win coz nobody cares........we do drongo! That fathead Sydney Boys Club is what is holding back League from being a true National game and they don't realise it..........in denial!

Last edited:
Buckley was never a premiership player with Lions

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
thatsthejoke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back