2018 fixture requests

Remove this Banner Ad

4 friday night home games against Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney.
No games in Tassie, happy to play Melbourne up in Darwin again.
3-4 games at the MCG
Saturday night showdown, sick off the stupid sunday twilight showdowns.
More games on early sunday timeslot, seem to get very strong crowds

Wouldn't you rather crisp Tassie air than stifling humidity of Darwin ?

No more games in Adelaide. I'm sick of 2 games a year at Adelaide Oval and never playing an Adelaide team at Etihad.
Start getting respectable crowds then, the AFL know they will get 40k at AO when you guys can only pull low to mid 20k at best.

Wouldn't you rather crisp Tassie air than stifling humidity of Darwin ?
We have a strong support up in darwin, plus with our connection with the womens team it's common sense decision. Highest crowd at the venue since 2006.

St Kilda have played eight straight games against South Australian competition in South Australia.

So where does even a modicum of fairness come into it?

The AFL could easily produce a fixture where every Victorian team travels at least once to every state and hosts at least one team from every state, while producing five interstate away trips against interstate teams for all ten Victorian teams. It can be done, and it is equitable.

My wish list for Port:

- St Kilda at Etihad. Haven't played them there since 2013. In fact, they've travelled to Adelaide 8 times since they last played a South Australian team at home :eek:

- A Tasmania game. Haven't played down there since 2013 and we do have a few supporters there as well. I'd prefer to play North there and play Hawthorn in Melbourne

- Ballarat again. I really enjoyed the day when we played the Bulldogs down there this year and would love to do that again.

- Swans at home & GWS at Spotless. Not necessarily to give us any better chances of winning or anything, we're just 'due'.
Spotless = Manuka from our point of view. Unless you travel and want to eat or use the toilet, :cool: in which case their chalk and cheese, definitely Spotless.

Crows Rd 2 Friday night at the G. So we can unfurl the flag.

Opener v Carlton,
Dreamtime
Anzac eve v Melb with prob Collingwood the week after because of the short week.

Agreed it's a thing of the past now.

The real rivalry died at the end of 2013 and basically every game since then has just been flogging that 08-13 period rivalry... 90% of the 44 players from that time are gone now.....

Would be great for Adelaide but I think as premiers Richmond deserve to host the rematch. Also helps to see if they can overcome their MCG demons
Lol all i hear is “we will be smashed at adelaide oval and it will make our flag look weaker”

Mcg queens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol all i hear is “we will be smashed at adelaide oval and it will make our flag look weaker”

Mcg queens

As opposed to acting like the venue was the difference in an goal win so you can keep pretending that the AO queens lost because of some AFL bias rather than just being crap on the day.

Does that massive chip on your shoulder have it's own name yet?

- Sydney at the MCG. Since 1997, we've played them in Melbourne 9 times. We've played them 20 times in Sydney during that time (including the final). That means 2012 was the only season that we didn't travel to play the away.

- West Coast round 1 at Perth Stadium. Would be a good game and a guaranteed sellout with Essendon's big following in Perth

- Double ups against Richmond, Melbourne, Hawthorn, West Coast and Collingwood. The 4 MCG tenants twice at the MCG.

I predict Dave Matthews going hard for more than one MCG game as we've had the last two years. I get we're not a big drawing club but it's not right we get one game a year there. Likely if we play North or the Hawks away we'll get sent to Tassie, dont care and I really liked the trip to Hobart this year. Etthiad isn't the issue.
Other than that, we'll get the Swans twice ( :cool:they'll be nervous) .

Would be happy to get Richmond twice again, but if not at the G. Hope for the Crows Twice, if once then at AO. No point in aiming for the bottom teams, you cant avoid the good ones forever.

Just off the top of my head I'd like to see more Friday night games (played only one this year), play Essendon twice (haven't played them twice in a season since 2005) and playing Richmond twice would be splendid as well.

As opposed to acting like the venue was the difference in an goal win so you can keep pretending that the AO queens lost because of some AFL bias rather than just being crap on the day.

Does that massive chip on your shoulder have it's own name yet?
Wanna try that again

This time in english

Since we won't get home finals in either the EF, SF, QF or PF depending on which week (unless it's GWS) then I hope we get 11 home matches

Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton unexempt from our ground
Essendon and Richmond on numbers the only two who shouldn't come

I predict Dave Matthews going hard for more than one MCG game as we've had the last two years. I get we're not a big drawing club but it's not right we get one game a year there. Likely if we play North or the Hawks away we'll get sent to Tassie, dont care and I really liked the trip to Hobart this year. Etthiad isn't the issue.
Other than that, we'll get the Swans twice ( :cool:they'll be nervous) .

Would be happy to get Richmond twice again, but if not at the G. Hope for the Crows Twice, if once then at AO. No point in aiming for the bottom teams, you cant avoid the good ones forever.
You guys should be killing it next year and should get a bare minimum of 2 mcg games

For Essendon

- More Friday Night games on the back of our top 8 finish (2 in '17 but both away, perhaps 4 would be a solid amount)
- A 5/6 MCG/Etihad split would be ideal but unlikely. Would love to host a bigger interstate side such as Sydney or Adelaide at the G
- Melbourne away the the MCG after ANZAC day (they never get to host us)
- Double Ups v Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood
- Less Sunday 1.10pm games cause I like to sleep in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back