2018 fixture requests

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda have played eight straight games against South Australian competition in South Australia.

So where does even a modicum of fairness come into it?

The AFL could easily produce a fixture where every Victorian team travels at least once to every state and hosts at least one team from every state, while producing five interstate away trips against interstate teams for all ten Victorian teams. It can be done, and it is equitable.
Since 2012, Saints have travelled to Adelaide 11 times while the Adelaide teams played us in Melbourne 2 times, with the last time being round 4, 2014 (richos 4th game as coach). Such a joke.

I think it’s happening. Would be good. 30k stadium and more members. Win win
Win for you guys but it would be our home game and that would mean yet another home game lost from spotless. Not a good look when trying to develop the sport in Western Sydney.

Don't think the AFL or media will be perpetuating the Dusty thing at all to promote the game.
Probably just one meeting next year due to the fact you will get a top 4 fixture.
Hopefully at the G
Outside of the 2015 final we played you there in 2013 (?) and got up by a few points.

Yeah, I don't think the Dusty thing would play either, but it's the only reason our clubs match would be any more than a single incidental game during the year....and history suggests it'll be at Docklands.

Last edited:
In that case GWS v Bulldogs seemed to grow some natural legs after 2016 prelim 2017 H&A match.
Naah
We need to focus on good teams, not previous premiers. Last game was a blowout and logically that's likely to continue.
Saints Melbourne works for me. Our Saints Friday night game was a better spectacle, :oops:but the result sucked.

Since 2012, Saints have travelled to Adelaide 11 times while the Adelaide teams played us in Melbourne 2 times, with the last time being round 4, 2014 (richos 4th game as coach). Such a joke.
Tell me - i know the afl had the smaller clubs travel more as the interstate teams are guaranteed a good crowd regardless - and the stadium deal you guys had was pants

But the afl owns etihad mow yes?

Is there any reason to continue this?

Or is your stadium deal still herpes?

Slight adjustment. 17 wins 5 losses and 1.32 million through the gates. 90k members :cool:

Round 1 v Carlton(H) Thursday(n) MCG
Round 2 v West Coast(A) Sunday Burswood
Round 3 v Collingwood(A) Friday(n) MCG
Round 4 v Geelong(H) Friday(n) MCG
Round 5 v Melbourne(A) Sunday(n) MCG
Round 6 v North Melbourne(H) Saturday MCG
Round 7 v Adelaide(H) Saturday(n) MCG
Round 8 v St Kilda(A) Saturday(n) Etihad
Round 9 v Essendon(A) Saturday(n) MCG
Round 10 v Sydney(A) Friday(n) SCG
Round 11 v West Sydney(A) Saturday India
Round 12 v Bye
Round 13 v Brisbane(H) Saturday MCG
Round 14 v Gold Coast(H) Saturday MCG
Round 15 v Port Adelaide(H) Saturday Etihad
Round 16 v Fremantle(A) Sunday Burswood
Round 17 v Carlton(A) Saturday MCG
Round 18 v Essendon(H) Saturday MCG
Round 19 v Hawthorn(A) Saturday MCG
Round 20 v Adelaide(A) Saturday AO
Round 21 v Melbourne(H) Saturday MCG
Round 22 v Footscray(H) Saturday MCG
Round 23 v Sydney(H) Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No bait, it's a request, can't get what you don't ask for. It is likely, no, about a 3% chance at max, but why not?

Same reason as always... you cannot justify multiple thousands of fans missing out on attending because Geelong want to play on the Auskick sized ground.
Whether you want to accept it or not the MCG is basically a 2nd home to Geelong.

Same reason as always... you cannot justify multiple thousands of fans missing out on attending because Geelong want to play on the Auskick sized ground.
Whether you want to accept it or not the MCG is basically a 2nd home to Geelong.
If only it was a real home ground. We'd be the most disadvantaged Vic club having to drive further than the rest but that ain't an issue I guess. However in saying that Geelong would've won the premiership this year had this been true.

If only it was a real home ground. We'd be the most disadvantaged Vic club having to drive further than the rest but that ain't an issue I guess. However in saying that Geelong would've won the premiership this year had this been true.

Incorrect, you still had to play on the MCG in the grand final ipso facto would have lost.

Richmond:

- home game against Geelong
- first home game (and flag unfurling) against an expansion club for maximum Tiger attendance

That should do us, our 3 marquee games are locked anyway, and the premiership should take care of our Friday night matches

Non-Richmond:

- a night game on good Friday, make it all non-Victorian and on Fox in Victoria. Gives two interstate sides a marquee clash and doesn't get in the way of 7's appeal over here.
- similar even spread of timeslots to this year

Please do away with Geelong - Hawks easter monday, the rivalary has been flogged to death, its over, for now.

The point of those types of marquee games is to lock them in so that they're big regardless of ladder position. Not that it'll happen, but why piss away a guaranteed big game each year?

Given we finished bottom 6 i would like an easy fixture, wont happen though since we draw the $$

Can see us playing Richmond/Essendon etc twice and Brisbane/Freo/GC once

You'll probably get Carlton twice. :rainbow:

The point of those types of marquee games is to lock them in so that they're big regardless of ladder position. Not that it'll happen, but why piss away a guaranteed big game each year?

Not necessarily a "guaranteed" big game anymore imo.
Anticipate a 55k-60k crowd tops this year if they stick with it.

- No six day breaks around the Darwin game.
- No Norf in Tassie.
- Collingwood Friday night Rd1
- The usuals of ANZAC Eve and QB

ANZAC Day is going to be a pain in the arse this year. It's on a Wednesday. So I can guarantee the round after will have Richmond v Collingwood and Essendon v Melbourne.

Wouldn't mind a double up v Essendon.

Dude I'm not going to report.
But is it hard to just type North?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back