Opinion Likely Best 22 2018 (revisited)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I replied to his original question which implies 5 years of quality service.

I took it he was adding a differen't slant on the Lynch vs Lever talk.
Wouldn't matter anyway, the football world isn't divided on this, Lever is an out and out star at 21 leading the league in a critical area of the modern game, the guys you are trotting out aren't in his league. He's a gun.

So your saying Lever is faster than all of them or they'd be getting the big offers, gotcha.

Saying the fact that Adelaide want 2 firsts for Lever is neither here nor there when comparing his lack of pace with quicker players.

Adelaide sells high, buys low.

Lever is a good young prospect but is not a 2 first rounders level of great.

Wouldn't matter anyway, the football world isn't divided on this, Lever is an out and out star at 21 leading the league in a critical area of the modern game, the guys you are trotting out aren't in his league. He's a gun.

You are all over the shop.

Lynch and Buddy s**t on Lever as players.

Langdon is a quicker player then Lever you stated emphatically he wasn't.

Keep up.

I agree he's a gun kid and a likely gun intercept marking half back. But that makes him Enright (if he plays another 15 years) that doesn't make him a KPP that you base your team around. Two first rounders for a kid who's gonna be an elite interceptor....yeah-NAH.

Lever is a good young prospect but is not a 2 first rounders level of great.
He won't go for two 1st rounders anymore than Treloar did, they'll get something back and they'll have a star for a decade.

We could have done that and even gone close to a Richmond this year if they hadn't panicked and sold the farm for old manure. Had to stay the course and only draft under 25's, the more players in their prime when you hit the window the greater chance of a flag... stupid move! and it's cost us a shot at this ripper kid.

I agree he's a gun kid and a likely gun intercept marking half back. But that makes him Enright (if he plays another 15 years) that doesn't make him a KPP that you base your team around. Two first rounders for a kid who's gonna be an elite interceptor....yeah-NAH.
Yeah remind me how many flags Enright has?

You know you are comparing a kid Rance who had to play on the likes of a in form Cloke, Franklin, N.Reiwoldt, J.Reiwoldt, Roughead, Kennedy amoung others vs current Lever whos biggest test to date was a half vs Daniher...

Rance did his apprenticeship as a KPP. Lever has so far largely been shielded from them.
Rance almost got delisted because he was struggling. After his first 3 years he had managed 25 games Lever has played 56. He is so far ahead of Rance at the same age

Rance wasn't terrible he was average but either way theor whole game styles a different. Rance relies on his athleticism whilst Lever relies on smarts. They're just too different players regardless of whether it's at the same age or not.
He almost got cut. His foot skills were terrible and he use to get slaughtered one on one

He almost got cut. His foot skills were terrible and he use to get slaughtered one on one
I remember when he came good, it took me awhile to see him as anything but a dud, that perception was so entrenched. He's a dead set star now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say only but don't bring up completely unrelated players if you don't like comparisons.

Mate I made the comparison (though with respect Lever has a LONG way to go to be half way as good as Enright) because thats the sort of player he projects as. Not a Rance, not a Ben Reid, not even a Talia. Those guys are KPP's, he's more outside. So all I said was...would I want to trade for a gun 3rd tall defender....not at this stage and not at his price.

I remember when he came good, it took me awhile to see him as anything but a dud, that perception was so entrenched. He's a dead set star now though.

When he's allowed to play 3rd man up. When he's made to be accountable (as Jack Reiwoldt did when he led Lever to three marks) that's when he struggles.

When he's allowed to play 3rd man up. When he's made to be accountable (as Jack Reiwoldt did when he led Lever to three marks) that's when he struggles.
Man give it up, means nothing at his age, like Seedsfan said Rance was nearly delisted and certainly wasn't the leading interceptor in the game at 21, kid is a gun, live with it.

Man give it up, means nothing at his age, like Seedsfan said Rance was nearly delisted and certainly wasn't the leading interceptor in the game at 21, kid is a gun, live with it.

Ooops and here was I thinking this was a site where people were able to exchange "opinions". I should have realised that YOURS was the only opinion that counts;)

Ps... Ash McGrath he's a gun, Daniel Rioli he's a gun too....Jakey Lever...he's a HB Flanker. Live with it.

Ooops and here was I thinking this was a site where people were able to exchange "opinions". I should have realised that YOURS was the only opinion that counts;)

Ps... Ash McGrath he's a gun, Daniel Rioli he's a gun too....Jakey Lever...he's a HB Flanker. Live with it.
Hah only one of those players is having the world thrown at him so literally everyone that's anyone disagrees with your 'opinion'... you know the tagline :cool:

Hah only one of those players is having the world thrown at him so literally everyone that's anyone disagrees with your 'opinion'... you know the tagline :cool:

So NOW its about how much certain clubs are willing to pay a particular player that tells the world how good a player is?
So Buddy is the best player in the AFL again? You keep changing the goalposts

So NOW its about how much certain clubs are willing to pay a particular player that tells the world how good a player is?
So Buddy is the best player in the AFL again? You keep changing the goalposts
I love the caps it really involves me in the debate, I actually read those words with greater emphasis, it gives them a little oomph, oh and you're wrong, lib wid it ;)

I love the caps it really involves me in the debate, I actually read those words with greater emphasis, it gives them a little oomph, oh and you're wrong, lib wid it ;)

So we're either both wrong or we're both right, that's scaring me a lot. Just for my own edification how far back with the Pies do you go? Are you a Billy Picken man or a Dennis O'Callaghan man? It'd help my perspective to know.

So we're either both wrong or we're both right, that's scaring me a lot. Just for my own edification how far back with the Pies do you go? Are you a Billy Picken man or a Dennis O'Callaghan man? It'd help my perspective to know.

What makes you think I didn't see Teddy Potter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back