Autopsy The 2017 AFL Grand Final - What did you like, learn or hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol wut?

Where did I say otherwise? We got smashed. I can’t recall arguing that we didn’t.

Stop jumping at shadows.

Well stop making wanky 'we would have done better in the GF' posts when the reality is, you were smashed out of the competition this year, not just beaten by a small margin.

Well stop making wanky 'we would have done better in the GF' posts when the reality is, you were smashed out of the competition this year, not just beaten by a small margin.

Doesn’t make it untrue.

You got hammered, we got hammered, it’s disappointing. A swans fan could just as easily turn around and tell me they would have done better against Adelaide than we did. Wouldn’t be any skin off my nose because in all likelihood, it’s true.

I learnt that the captain of the Adelaide football club is a very poor loser and his speech was a disgrace to all supporters of the Adelaide football club...

The coaches reaction while the speech was going on was enough to confirm his disgust as well!

Cant say i watched the aftermath - what did he say?

Because richmond suck harder than paris hilton at a c*ck convention away from the mcg:

The best they could manage was lolport - 5th and fremantle -14th

They aint no hawthorn bud - they are mcg queens:

18th - Beat brisbane at the gabba by 52

1st - Lost to adelaide at ao by 76

10th - Lost to the dogs at etihad by 5

4th - Lost to gws by 3 at spotless

15th - Beat roos by 35 at etihad

5th - Beat port by 13 at ao

11th - Lost by 67 to saints at etihad

18th - Beat brisbane at etihad by 31

17th - Beat gc by 33 at metricon

2nd - Lost to geelong by 14 at skilled

14th - Beat freo by 104 at subi
Looks like a pretty good record to me. 2 games we were never in.
But we would have been no chance in finals? Lmao.

Finals a gimmicky blight on the game? Lol
Weren't you blokes going to wipe the floor with us?
You were a big mouth all pregame, I hope you enjoyed Saturday, I know I did:)

Meh I took a risk and it didn't come off. I'm happy to be wrong rather than captain hindsight.

It's just my opinion champ. I think the soccer style is a better indication of the true best team over the distance. Finals are just the exciting backstory that makes a tonne of money. I get that isn't changing but I just shared my opinion.

Obviously I didn't enjoy Saturday, no. Hope that helps.

I hear you on the keyboard part, I am forever correcting myself before sending texts. Actually there is a line of thought that the name Hawthorn may have derived from the plethora of hawthorne bushes in the area at the time, but that's just a theory. No drama, cheers.

The thing that is getting me annoyed is the simplicity of people who just have no idea about the logistics involved with this "home Grand Final" concept. They seem to think it's a simple matter of waiting until the Preliminary Finals have been played and then saying "Okay .... this Saturday the GF will be played in Adelaide". No administrative body could pull it off, there is just far too much work to do. Corporate sponsors, events, catering, etc, all these things are organised months in advance.

If people think the number 1 priority of the AFL is to appease the top team, they better think again. The AFL is no different to any other corporate structure in that their executive's priorities are to making as many $$$$$$$ for their share holders as possible. That's life as we know it, and no ideal of making the competition a fair and equitable playground for supporters is ever going to change that. Nor are they ever going to entertain playing the GF in a stadium which houses 40-50k less people, that's not going to happen.

You are right again on many levels. You cannot just decide post-prelim. But even if it doesn't leave the G there are things that can be done to negate the effect.

I don't think anyone is naive enough to think the AFL is anything but a business but if we do not lobby what else can we do to impact the future of the game?

Cant say i watched the aftermath - what did he say?

Not enough to show respect to the game or the opponent... he was sulking and came across as a sook. After watching the NRL GF and the way the losing captain spoke about the opposition, i'm even more discussed in Tex's lack of respect...

Loved seeing the tigers win
Loved hearing Bruce Mac trying to not get upset
Loved seeing blues fans being upset at tigers success.
Hated knowing we are a fair way behind Richmond
Loved knowing though we could have beaten Adelaide on the day so maybe we aren't that far off finals

Liked the game of Bashar Houli, thought he was clearly B.O.G.
Learn every year, you just have to make it to have a chance
Hate the fact I will be bent over and rammed by Richmond supporters for all the s**t I've posted about the Tigers this year. I finally got over 1990 now this.
Terry daniher bad karma

Because richmond suck harder than paris hilton at a c*ck convention away from the mcg:

The best they could manage was lolport - 5th and fremantle -14th

They aint no hawthorn bud - they are mcg queens:

18th - Beat brisbane at the gabba by 52

1st - Lost to adelaide at ao by 76

10th - Lost to the dogs at etihad by 5

4th - Lost to gws by 3 at spotless

15th - Beat roos by 35 at etihad

5th - Beat port by 13 at ao

11th - Lost by 67 to st kilda at etihad

18th - Beat brisbane at etihad by 31

17th - Beat gc by 33 at metricon

2nd - Lost to geelong by 14 at skilled

14th - Beat freo by 104 at subi
In that stretch where we lost to Adelaide in Round 6, Western Bulldogs in Round 7 and GWS in Round 9, we also lost to 14th-placed Fremantle in Round 8. Where did the loss take place? At the MCG. Maybe we just had a drop in form rather than only being able to play at the MCG?

Yes, we are better at the MCG than away from it, but we weren't too bad away from it apart from the losses against St Kilda and Adelaide.

In that stretch where we lost to Adelaide in Round 6, Western Bulldogs in Round 7 and GWS in Round 9, we also lost to 14th-placed Fremantle in Round 8. Where did the loss take place? At the MCG. Maybe we just had a drop in form rather than only being able to play at the MCG?

Yes, we are better at the MCG than away from it, but we weren't too bad away from it apart from the losses against St Kilda and Adelaide.
Lost to the dogs - lost to geelong.

You beat 5th 14th 15th 17th 18th away from the g

You lost to 1st 2nd 4th 10th 11th away from the g

Compare that to a real premiership side like the hawks and it looks really poor.

Compare it to how dominant interstate an interstate side has to be to win a granny and it looks like an 8th placed team

Richmond have a lot of likeable lads ! Jack Riewoldt is a star , glad to see him win one.
Dusty , didn't deserve the Norm but f..k who cares , the whole mob just destroyed us .
Also , big fan of Dimma , Leppa and Balmey , the mix was right .
Well done Tigeys .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost to the dogs - lost to geelong.

You beat 5th 14th 15th 17th 18th away from the g

You lost to 1st 2nd 4th 10th 11th away from the g

Compare that to a real premiership side like the hawks and it looks really poor.

Compare it to how dominant interstate an interstate side has to be to win a granny and it looks like an 8th placed team

Who cares. We are a real premiership side. No use being the best team all year and failing in the big one. There's only one that counts if you get there. We got there. We won. We're Premiers. Other opinions mean jack.

Who cares. We are a real premiership side. No use being the best team all year and failing in the big one. There's only one that counts if you get there. We got there. We won. We're Premiers. Other opinions mean jack.
Congrant on your brand new vfl premiership - how manys that now?

Lols suck it up. That's what happens when you don't live in the city the sport originated. If there was a biggest bogan competition do you think anyone from Melbourne would complain if it was based in Perth? Of course not.
Very droll - did you think of that witty non sequiteur all by yourself? Grats bro

Id imagine by your logic thats the reason every world cup is in england....

Every superbowl is in conneticut

Etc etc etc

I ARe vIcTOrian poAsTer tHiS Are vICTOrIan poAST

Very droll - did you think of that witty non sequiteur all by yourself? Grats bro

Id imagine by your logic thats the reason every world cup is in england....

Every superbowl is in conneticut

Etc etc etc

I ARe vIcTOrian poAsTer tHiS Are vICTOrIan poAST
Lol I can't believe you bothered to argue this I was just laughing at you for being such a sook.

Loved seeing the tigers win
Loved hearing Bruce Mac trying to not get upset
Loved seeing blues fans being upset at tigers success.
Hated knowing we are a fair way behind Richmond
Loved knowing though we could have beaten Adelaide on the day so maybe we aren't that far off finals
Think Brucey is a port supporter so was probably loving it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back