Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

If reported by Caro correctly, reckon the Gaudry/Clarkson relationship was doomed from the moment she told the players in her first meeting to pull their socks up and then said that publicly.

Clarkson seems one to never publicly criticise the team (individually or as a group) even on the rare days they’ve had a shocker and I reckon he would’ve hated Gaudry doing that.

Last edited:

N
It would demonstrate particularly poor judgement to cite family and personal reasons if it weren’t true. A more plausible alternative would be something like a statement such as ‘a mutual parting of ways, due to irreconcilable differences’.
not sure you'd wait half a day to make a statement either

If reported by Caro correctly, reckon the Gaudry/Clarkson relationship was doomed from the moment she told the players in her first meeting to pull their socks up and then said that publicly.

Clarkson seems one to never publicly criticise the team (individually or as a group) publicly even on the rare days they’ve had a shocker and I reckon he would’ve hated Gaudry doing that.
If she said that she's an idiot. 3 flags, finals last year, and a season in which kids have been played.

Coming from an Essendon supporter, you have my full and undivided attention on the matter.

I reckon an Essendon supporter should be precisely who you should listen to.

Caro's written a good article on this.

Apparently one of Gaudry's first acts was to tell the players when they were performing poorly to "pull your socks up" and she said it on radio herself.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mask:

I remember last week reading her reaction on behalf of the club to missing out on the womens team and thinking it was rare to see a club so critical of the AFL. Perhaps sensitive Gil couldnt deal with that

Perhaps, but it seems there was enough of a problem internally to make the call.

Gee the Hawks are good operators. 5 months, shows poor signs, and they sack.

We kept schwabb for years.
This is the crux of it. It's now starting to leak that it was identified months ago that she was not up to the job.

And your coach is a Roo

tumblr_mogrzrUOkJ1s4cz3eo1_500.gif

So can I get some things straight?

- Where was it stated that she was hired for being a woman?
- Where was it stated she was fired for being a woman?

It sounds like she was underperforming and they fired her because of that. Why the * is everyone bringing the SJW bogeyman (or woman lel) into it?! Im so confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that her hiring or sacking was to do with gender.

More likely they thought she was the best candidate for the job and then she wasn't up to it.

No no. This is too simple and logical. Definitely a cabal of right or left wing elitist underground lizard people looking to instill their *insert ideological belief here* onto the Hawks.

to paraphrase the immortal words of jubjub :( : she had her knockers

seriously though, ceo's, directors are moved on quickly more often than you might expect. obviously this one isn't going to feature on her CV.
her social media activity isn't an indication of lacking a professional attitude, or anything at all for that matter.
why linger with someone who isn't working out? remains to be seen if that was the case but i doubt most of us will ever know (or care, in 24 hours)

So can I get some things straight?

- Where was it stated that she was hired for being a woman?
- Where was it stated she was fired for being a woman?

It sounds like she was underperforming and they fired her because of that. Why the **** is everyone bringing the SJW bogeyman (or woman lel) into it?! Im so confused.

Nothing to do with flogs having the chance to go after a woman and a club I bet.

Sounds like she wasnt able to turn her knowledge of sports in general in to knowledge of AFL.

If only the Commission had acted as quickly with Vlad and Gil...

I wonder if it was repeated attempts to meddle with the football department.

She failed to get us a license in the AFLW league. Us members got the embarrassing email a few days ago. She's been unable to hit her KPI's and was fired.

Simple as that.

Why the hell would an AFL club take AFLW seriously. There is no way that is the truth.

If she had been going great in all other areas she would not lose her job because Gil went elsewhere with AFLW licences.

I think clubs should be careful bringing in administrators based on their experience in other sports. Doing a good job of administering a sport that isn't predominantly team based might not provide you with a lot of transferrable skills when going in to administer a sport that is. I know road cyclists race as a team, but it seems very different to the team dynamics in sports like AFL, Rugby, Soccer, Netball , Hockey etc.

May not have been the issue here (doesn't suit either party to go into the details, so we'll probably never find out the true cause), but certainly looks like it was a foreseeable risk.

Clarkson seems one to never publicly criticise the team (individually or as a group) even on the rare days they’ve had a shocker and I reckon he would’ve hated Gaudry doing that.

Crazy for a newly minted CEO to be criticising the playing group, especially if she has limited understanding of the sport. She should have left that to the coaching staff. I swear, some 'managers' think high performance can be turned on and off like a tap, almost regardless of the cattle.

She wont be the first or last senior hire (irrespective of gender) to be under performing in a highly visible, high pressured environment away from their comfort zone. The challenge for the individual and for the organisation is how long is long enough/too long before pulling the pin. Always want your club not to be in the public eye for the wrong reasons but would rather they do the deed sooner and manage the fall-out than have a bigger and potentially more damaging tenure.

Good luck to her but I want the right person appointed now and the lessons learned form this appointment to be applied.

Crazy for a newly minted CEO to be criticising the playing group, especially if she has limited understanding of the sport. She should have left that to the coaching staff. I swear, some 'managers' think high performance can be turned on and off like a tap, almost regardless of the cattle.

We saw the s**t that piled on Kockie after his comments and he has been around for years.

But as is always the way, we wont know the real story until Clarko writes his book.

Or Hodgey quickly adds another couple of chapters (making room for Brisbane).

This wouldn't be the first CEO looking to exert their influence by making a public statement demanding improvement, especially given how poorly the team was performing and Hawks fans on Bigfooty were saying exactly the same thing.

Perhaps it was telling the coaching staff to pull their socks up too. They were largely new and she was simply demanding the same high performance standards of her predecessors.

It seems like Clarko will run the whole organisation by himself. Maybe he wanted less oversight so he could find the next Tyrone Vickery this trade period.

No no. This is too simple and logical. Definitely a cabal of right or left wing elitist underground lizard people looking to instill their *insert ideological belief here* onto the Hawks.

You only have to see how the internet has tarred the wrong person entirely for that tragedy in Las Vegas to see how poisonous it can be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back