Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Colyer is an interesting - Fumbles so often, but usually gets the ball on the second grab, so isn't always punished for his fumbling - So he often gets a second chance but it's his kicking which is the biggest blight on his game - Remember Davey was a worse fumbler than Colyer but he was a decent kick - It's kicking which holds back Colyer.

Colyer is an interesting - Fumbles so often, but usually gets the ball on the second grab, so isn't always punished for his fumbling - So he often gets a second chance but it's his kicking which is the biggest blight on his game - Remember Davey was a worse fumbler than Colyer but he was a decent kick - It's kicking which holds back Colyer.

Not sure if you have noticed with Colyer but the number of times i have seen him gather the ball, run hard to create space then instead of steadying like Walla does before kicking the ball, Trav just keeps sprinting as if he still thinks he is under pressure when he as already burned off his chasing opponent, this often leads to him kicking poorly when I think he needs to just ease up a little and then kick the ball, if he gets tackled so be it.

Not sure if you have noticed with Colyer but the number of times i have seen him gather the ball, run hard to create space then instead of steadying like Walla does before kicking the ball, Trav just keeps sprinting as if he still thinks he is under pressure when he as already burned off his chasing opponent, this often leads to him kicking poorly when I think he needs to just ease up a little and then kick the ball, if he gets tackled so be it.
Honestly it's like watching slapstick comedy watching him play. Talk about a deer in the headlights.

I think if this year has shown us anything, it's that Trav has been considered an integral part of the machine during 2017.
How that is seen moving forward I have no idea, however it would not suprise me in the slightest if his name was in no way mentioned at all during the trade period.

I think if this year has shown us anything, it's that Trav has been considered an integral part of the machine during 2017.
How that is seen moving forward I have no idea, however it would not suprise me in the slightest if his name was in no way mentioned at all during the trade period.

So he won't be put up for trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside our 22 will be some fair talent:

thinking Rd1 2018 lines up as
Gleeson Hartley Francis
Saad Hurley McKenna
Smith McGrath Parish
Stringer Daniher Tippa
Fantasia Hooker Stewart
TBC Heppell Merrett
Goddard Zaka Langford Laverde

Outside that - Ambrose, Bags, Colyer, Green, Berger, Myers - all best 22 in 2017
Then Mutch, Clarke, Redman, Ridley - all showing good development
Then Bird, Howlett, Jerrett, Brown, Dea, Morgan, Long, McKernan

How many do we shop around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gleeson Hartley Francis
Saad Hurley McKenna
Smith McGrath Parish
Stringer Daniher Tippa
Fantasia Hooker Stewart
TBC Heppell Merrett

Outside that - Ambrose, Bags, Colyer, Green, Berger, Myers - all best 22 in 2017

Where's the Fridge?

Gleeson Hartley Francis
Saad Hurley McKenna
Smith McGrath Parish
Stringer Daniher Tippa
Fantasia Hooker Stewart
TBC Heppell Merrett

Very good summary

Was playing seriously good footy before the navicular ****ed him.

I personally dont see him ever getting back to where he was, he's lost a yard and his kicking has gone backwards majorly

He's got two years left on his contract and he just purchased a house in Ascot Vale recently, would he really want to leave? Be great to get a second round pick for him.

He may be reluctant to leave but he's also unlikely to play senior football at Essendon next year. A lack of opportunity is a powerful motivator to head elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back