Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting if rumour about us increasing offer to Rockliff to match Port is true...

Would suggest we are seriously keen on him to up our offer at this late stage to seal the deal...rumours were we basically refused to budge on our offer when other clubs trumped ours for players like Prestia and Carlisle.

Also reckon it means Gibbs trade to Adelaide is almost 100% going to happen...we need to hit salary cap and replace Gibbs' wage so we probably have money to spend.

1. Kenny Hunter
2. David Teague
3. Peter Dean
????
Simpson does that thing were he runs in front of key forwards

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

576full-harry-and-the-hendersons-screenshot.jpg

He'd be great in the Ruck... though not a Henderson per-say.
Bout time we had Harry rucking for Carlton again.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is pure speculation and I'm a rookie in these parts but I'd like to put something out there:
Out: Murphy, to Lions.
In: Schache and picks? (or deal with Crows also involving Gibbs, Cameron, Lever, picks, who knows?)

Why?
- agro's post got to me the other day. If he's the same Agro on TC that guy is close to the CFC. That sort of post is not random, that's setting off a serious narrative I think. If so that's quite a dysjunction b/w player and club.
- Lions are screaming out for leaders there, they have Beams(?) as captain and they're considering a worn out Hodge to help out there
- I have been wondering what would a 'SOS monster' trade look like for us. Has to be more than just Gibbs. For a monster trade by definition we would have to be giving up something big.
- Murphy may have a sentimemtal bent toward the Lions through his dad
- end of next season he'll be 31, end of contract, won't be less busted up, players at that age think about how they can maximise their pay, his mate Gibbs likely won't be there, Simmo probably gone, and he knows he won't be around for our next tilt, as a leader at least.

I'm awful to play rummikub with, see too many threads and many don't come off, but thought I'd share that anyway - ya never know.

Bit bored about the same ol' rumours, thought I'd reply to this post, of which I'll be howled down..
What about another scenario, Murph off to GWS for some of the same reasons you've stated above, plus....
1.To accomodate a SOS monster trade with GWS with not having to give up any 1st round picks.
2. Murph adds that vital leadership & experience to their club, as well as obtaining a nice nest egg package in the twilight of his career. Ala Griffen, Deledio.
3. Will be a free agent soon, when he can leave the club if he likes, club may not receive any adequate compensation in return. Already been burned previously. (Waite)
4. In a premiership window with Giants, (Unlikely to figure in our next flag) with a fitting end to a stellar career.
5. While SOSis list manager,GWS is our breeding ground and would be good to maintain cordial relations witn them for our future benefit.

Last edited:
FoxSports website article from earlier today, quotes Andy McKay:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...f/news-story/558b10001a8376172919cd9ae494ef52

1 Expects Gibbs to stay
2 Interested in Devon Smith, fits age profile, subject to medical, work to do to land him.
And Similar for Kennedy except the medical, fills our inside mid needs.
3 Interested in Rockliff, but so are Port.
4 No interest in Griffen.
5 If Saad is leaving Suns, we are interested.
6 Buckley and Graham waiting on our club to call them.
7 Our club is talking with Palmer on what he wants to do (reports elsewhere he wants an early release to play WAFL).

I'm sure I saw on Fox Sports today also that Barker is front runner of three for the GCS coaching gig.

Murphy ain't going anywhere; his wife is pregnant with their first child, all family based in Victoria :rolleyes:

However, I have a suspicion the Gibbs deal is already done.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back