4/10/17 announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

These dip s**t comments on the latest post are a good indicator of why nothing should be left to the supporters. Everyone screaming "it looks too much like Carlton" should be aware that A) it looks nothing like Carlton, three letters can be assembled in completely different ways as seen, and B) we've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s and I'm rapt it's being brought back in a permanent capacity.

kcQO4Zh.jpg

These dip s**t comments on the latest post are a good indicator of why nothing should be left to the supporters. Everyone screaming "it looks too much like Carlton" should be aware that A) it looks nothing like Carlton, three letters can be assembled in completely different ways as seen, and B) we've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s and I'm rapt it's being brought back in a permanent capacity.

Yeah, they look nothing alike.

0e533ec8cc.jpg

The members.
I always thought membership bought certain privileges.
And as such an important piece of our club, mainly the public face of our club, is to be so radically changed, shouldn't one of those privelages be to have input?
As pointed out previously, the membership base is easily contactable in 2017. As posted before, the focus group of a few members overwhelmingly wanted no change
Yet, here we have autocratic change for changes sake.
I'd go all Catalonia if I didn't fear Ed with rubber bullets.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.. but as supporters, surely caring about this is very low on our list of priorities.

To be honest, I don't care less about our logo as long as it represents our heritage (which the new one does).

I just don't think the Club needs a bunch of members acting as Creative Directors.

So what are they planning on doing with this lettering one from the 50s? I don't like it at all, can barely see what it says, its way to crowded and doesnt represent us at all imo, how are we the magpies by looking at that? Im ok with the logo in OP it is actually growing on me a lot, so they better go with that

kcQO4Zh.jpg

You can bump it back to the 30s

loadImg.php

QUOTE="Gibbsy, post: 52807636, member: 93224"]These dip s**t comments on the latest post are a good indicator of why nothing should be left to the supporters. Everyone screaming "it looks too much like Carlton" should be aware that A) it looks nothing like Carlton, three letters can be assembled in completely different ways as seen, and B) we've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s and I'm rapt it's being brought back in a permanent capacity.

kcQO4Zh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks God awful and what the hell does the P stand for?

That ain't an F.

QUOTE="Gibbsy, post: 52807636, member: 93224"]These dip s**t comments on the latest post are a good indicator of why nothing should be left to the supporters. Everyone screaming "it looks too much like Carlton" should be aware that A) it looks nothing like Carlton, three letters can be assembled in completely different ways as seen, and B) we've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s and I'm rapt it's being brought back in a permanent capacity.

kcQO4Zh.jpg

That ain't an F.[/QUOTE]
I wonder when it changed?
FullSizeRender.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think we should have a logo for the "Collingwood brand". Say the one in OP, that encompasses all the teams that fall under the Collingwood umbrella (AFL, AFLW, VFL, SNL).
But then we should have 4 different logos for each of the individual teams that are distinct yet obviously connected to the main logo.
That way we could have branding that applies to Collingwood as a whole, but then individual branding for each team that gives them an individual sense of identity.

But more importantly think of the merchandise opportunities.

Ok, that's a fair point.
If the treatment itself leads to further injury or prolonged problems, this would be a concern

I mean it was a running gag on here wasn't it?

How many players over the years have been 2-3 weeks away for the ENTIRE season? If that isn't the doc/medical staff then who is it?

kcQO4Zh.jpg

I like the monogram personally because it speaks of tradition and success, but if they're going to use it on an official basis the F needs to be fixed. It really does look like a P and modernising it slightly will also add the touch of 21st century as well.

[/QUOTE]

That ain't an F.[/QUOTE]

What does the P stand for? Sounds worthy of its own thread.

Based on our last couple of years, it could be "Pathetic".

Ed would tell you it's "potential".

Maybe it should by "Phantasy".

Hopefully it's nothing to do with our gay marriage stance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back