2018 Fixture wish list

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2017 is done. Bring on 2018... Groups of 6 are. (If they still plan to do this system)

1. Richmond
2. Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. GWS
5. Sydney
6. West Coast

7. Port
8. Essendon
9. Melbourne
10. Dogs
11. Saints
12. Hawthorn

13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. North
16. Carlton
17. Gold Coast
18. Brisbane

will have either no return meeting or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one or a maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three return meetings with other bottom six clubs.

Gold Coast you can pencil in x2
Carlton
North
Hawks
Bombers

Would be ideal.

Round 1 Vs Hawthorn on Saturday night please.
1st Q Clash will be @ the Gabba with Metricon out of action for 1st half of the year.
No Hawks in Tassie.
From a TV lions viewer pov. No Early afternoon games.
more FTA for our non QLD fans

Last edited:
The system in place isn’t horrible. Would mind a Friday night game down here as well. It would be great to get some legit coverage.

Did I read a while back that we will only have 10 home games at the Gabba and selling one off due to the Games?

I think Suns are playing a couple of home games at the Gabba. It would be good if one of them was against us to get that 11th game at the Gabba.

2 games against GC
2 games against Kangas
2 games against Blues
2 games against Pies

That's really all I want.

will have either no return meeting or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one or a maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three return meetings with other bottom six clubs.

Not going to happen... that's 4 repeats from the bottom six when our maximum is 3. See above. Be good to only play North once, when we struggle against them. Would be very nice to beat the Colliwobbles twice. Can't wait.

Not going to happen... that's 4 repeats from the bottom six when our maximum is 3. See above. Be good to only play North once, when we struggle against them. Would be very nice to beat the Colliwobbles twice. Can't wait.
No way we will play the magpies twice.....we are not big enough crowd wise. Same with Carlton I imagine. North n GC for sure.

Some whispers around a few months ago that we'd try an NRL-style double header at the Gabba in 2018 as the Suns are on the road for the first half of the year.

Can't imagine the Suns get many to any games they host outright themselves in Brisbane, so it'd be a great way of boosting the attendance.

The QClash on a Friday night would be ideal IMO.
I can see a few issues with that. No attraction at all for the broadcaster. Possibility of a low crowd given where both clubs are at. And a decent chance the game will go head to head with the Broncos given the NRL often schedules them on a Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Suns not being able to use metricon till May does that mean we will have extra home games early in the year and very few towards the end of the year?

From our family perspective: A Vic game during July school holidays so we can get to it would be nice for us. More twilight games and less arvo games as they clash with activities and the sun and heat suck. No Sunday twilight but ok if there's a public or school holiday next day.

From our family perspective: A Vic game during July school holidays so we can get to it would be nice for us. More twilight games and less arvo games as they clash with activities and the sun and heat suck. No Sunday twilight but ok if there's a public or school holiday next day.
I hear what you are saying from a fans point of view but playing in the heat is an advantage for us.

My simple is wish as it is every year is a minimum of six games in Melbourne (not including Geelong or Tasmania (which seem to occasionally get included as "Melbourne" games)).
I was just about to post the same thing. I would like a minimum of 6 games in Melbourne with 3 at the MCG (Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood) and 3 at Etihad (Carlton, North Melbourne and St.Kilda). St.Kilda and Melbourne would have to be due for a trip to the Gabba and it would be great to play Carlton and Collingwood twice. I don't mind travelling to Tassie to play Hawthorn, but they are also due for a game at the Gabba I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back