Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Every media minute you give to Maguire - TFS, MMM, even Millionaire - is cold hard money in the bank to Collingwood.

The reason he can grandstand on Collingwood-centric issues and get traction with attacks on Academies that undermines us directly, is because he owns a bunch of eyeballs and ears.

Avoiding him certainly won't instantly destroy him, but watching him certainly increases his power to pursue Collingwood's political agenda.

Worth considering.

Glad you mentioned that.
I now have another reason for not following any of the above .... other than for the crap it is .... Ta

I wanted to punch Eddie through the tv last night at one point though.....he was talking to Zorks about our season, Zorks talking up our young ones coming through etc, when poohead laughed and said "and you blokes want a priority pick"...grr!

He really can't help himself when it comes to us and the snide comments....always done with a laugh though, so hey, he didn't mean any harm!

While I admit Eddie is good at what he does, he makes my blood boil most times.

He's great at what he does. That's the problem. No other AFL club president in history has had even a fraction of the power that Ed has to set the media agenda to whatever suits him (and Collingwood).

Nobody else has an entire TV network machine and daily primetime radio platform to do their bidding. The retention allowance, COLA, priority picks and Academy bidding are all personal barrows he's pushed hard in the media to benefit the Pies.

He's gradually lost some influence over the past few years but the Footy Show puts him back in the spotlight.

We can't stop that. But we can choose whether we help him or not.

He's great at what he does. That's the problem. No other AFL club president in history has had even a fraction of the power that Ed has to set the media agenda to whatever suits him (and Collingwood).

Nobody else has an entire TV network machine and daily primetime radio platform to do their bidding. The retention allowance, COLA, priority picks and Academy bidding are all personal barrows he's pushed hard in the media to benefit the Pies.

He's gradually lost some influence over the past few years but the Footy Show puts him back in the spotlight.

We can't stop that. But we can choose whether we help him or not.

The best thing about Eddie is that is that he has stuffed Collingwood up even more and re-appointed Figjam...happy to see Eddie continue as the highest profile AFL president in the history of the game - he may set agendas via his media profile but generally achieves bugger all. Collingwood have the best of every facility imaginable and underachieve beyond reproach.

The best thing about Eddie is that is that he has stuffed Collingwood up even more and re-appointed Figjam...happy to see Eddie continue as the highest profile AFL president in the history of the game - he may set agendas via his media profile but generally achieves bugger all. Collingwood have the best of every facility imaginable and underachieve beyond reproach.
Are you sure? Take another look at those barrows xplo mentioned;
retention allowance
COLA
priority picks
Academy bidding

All but gone, or watered down significantly.

Sorry for the intrusion, for those of you that remember Mark Zanotti, jump on https://www.facebook.com/TheZanottiFiles around 5:30, the Wild Man will be on answering peoples questions.

Peace.

The great man Mark Zanotti. Streaming out of defence with no idea what he was going to do with the ball and looking like Daniel Day Lewis from The Last Mohicans. Kept Dunstall goalless one day out at Waverley as the Lions went on to have a famous win.

Looking forward to starting the day with the Longest Kick comp, 10am tomorrow, Fox Footy.... Carn Fevola!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great man Mark Zanotti. Streaming out of defence with no idea what he was going to do with the ball and looking like Daniel Day Lewis from The Last Mohicans. Kept Dunstall goalless one day out at Waverley as the Lions went on to have a famous win.
wasn't it also the game before his testimonial dinner that night?

I missed most of the Rockliff chatter, but other than that this is my vague summary
  • Cameron wait and see. Ball is in Adelaide's court as CC is a contracted player ect.
  • As far as they know Schache is staying. Will touch base with manager soon. Definitely sounded like the club is open to offers, however...
  • Lock in Hodge - Swan pretty much intimated Fagan has been working on this for a while
  • Confirmed we asked the question of Mason Cox before he re-signed. Also denied Stef was on the move
  • Talked up BOTH Ballenden and Payne as academy players

I missed most of the Rockliff chatter, but other than that this is my vague summary
  • Cameron wait and see. Ball is in Adelaide's court as CC is a contracted player ect.
  • As far as they know Schache is staying. Will touch base with manager soon. Definitely sounded like the club is open to offers, however...
  • Lock in Hodge - Swan pretty much intimated Fagan has been working on this for a while
  • Confirmed we asked the question of Mason Cox before he re-signed. Also denied Stef was on the move
  • Talked up BOTH Ballenden and Payne as academy players
Just listening back over the Rockliff part. Swan pretty much said we wouldn't much an offer for Tom despite the fact he's a restricted free agent. Expected pick 19 as compensation

Full audio here - https://www.sen.com.au/programs/hungry-for-sport/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back