Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

barass70

All Australian
Oct 28, 2008
AVONDALE HTS
AFL Club
Carlton
*Mod Notice:-

Shiny new thread & let's keep the drivel out of it thanks!

Continued from:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-discussion-thread-vi.1173629/page-470

Rockliff will decide within 24 hours where he’s going to play next year.We are very confident of gaining Kennedy and Smith.We’re keen on Saad but Suns want 1st rounder and if Gibbs decides he wants to head home we want picks and player in exchange and Sully could be in the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockliff will decide within 24 hours where he’s going to play next year.We are very confident of gaining Kennedy and Smith.We’re keen on Saad but Suns want 1st rounder and if Gibbs decides he wants to head home we want picks and player in exchange and Sully could be in the mix.
Any idea how we get Kennedy and Smith done with out Gibbs being traded?

How would Gibbs heading to Adelaide impact Scully and the GWS trade?

No chance I'm giving up a first for Saad.

Also sounds like we prefer to keep Gibbs and not trade him. But I still can't see how we're getting both Kennedy and Smith with only our future second in play.

Trigg back to Adelaide.....huge relief within Carlton
Lethlean.....dubious replacement...if the club wants to position itself on the moral high ground....and questions over whether or not he is any good....
LoGiudice and Marcus Clarke have to go next......too many skeletons in the closet....and really poor character....
Clarke really upsets the players with his use of equipment and personal......and his wife is another massive problem.....

Can you elaborate on this Angel Duster ?

I could imagine Woosha being all over Dodoro to get Saad to Essendon.

Absolutely fits his current style of footy and is a throwback to his WCE playing days of dashing defenders streaming out of the back half.

Murphy ain't going anywhere; his wife is pregnant with their first child, all family based in Victoria :rolleyes:

However, I have a suspicion the Gibbs deal is already done.............
I'm leaning that way too. I'd be happy to keep Gibbs, but I just feel the club is posturing at the moment re Gibbs. We are rumoured to be active early in the trade period. This says to me that we will be looking to get Rockliff and Kennedy/Smith deals done early before we get any Gibbs picks in through the door. If the other clubs think we aren't trading Gibbs, they won't hold out for better picks (GWS last year holding out for Gibbs deal with Marchbank/Pickett).
Once these deals get done, we will pull the trigger on Gibbs and be able to take his pick(s) to the draft. Adelaide owe us after blabbing to the media last year, so they will be under strict instructions to keep quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a really interesting fit for Rocky with us - I reckon Lions leadership have targeted our introverted leader/s pretty savagely every game we've played against them the last few years (which has worked the majority of the time).

You'd hope that the senior guys didn't take it personally, as the same thing would have happened in finals against any flag-worthy side.

You know the Murphy discussions could simply be that the club recognises the demands a new baby can bring to a young family. Maybe they've asked him if he wants to do it all.

I can tell you now that there's no way in hell I'd try and skipper an AFL side with a newborn in the house. * that.

The SOS is a monster quote has been given way too much airtime for mine. Not to say it's impossible, but we would want to be careful trading a player of Weiterings caliber unless he really wanted to.
I thought that comment was originally made in relation to a potential Kelly trade. With that off the cards, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no 'monster' deal happening any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back