Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good squad. I would like some more CB cover in case of last season repeating.

DJMooRBXYAAidIG.jpg:large

A good XI on paper but have to improve at the back. Victory and Sydney FC haven't really dropped with quality in their squads unfortunately.

IMO...

Forwards: Good, but with Keogh/Taggart/Castro/Harold I'd trade one for a Griffiths replacement
Midfield: Ordinary without Griffiths, hopefully this Torres is as good as the Liverpool version of Fernando. Do not rate Chianese or Nichols at all.
Defence: OK, nothing to write home about
GK: Was the only keeper left to pick last year and that hasn't changed, he does his job

Trade? This isn't the AFL.

Torres is only 30 and was playing La Liga last year. Griffiths is in some arehole ex Soviet backwater.

The good outweighs the bad when it comes to Liam agreed.

2 dud games to start the season no less. We have three home games in a row towards the end of the season but by then the horse may have bolted.

Provided Torres proves to be a good signing and we can keep Grant and Lowry fit then there is no reason why we couldn't be pushing the top end of the table. The only reason we finished so low last season was because of a lack of fit quality CBs and we have that to start this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't drink the kool aid with Wanderers. Hardly won at that temporary ground last year, got journeymen like Bridge back and lost their coach.

Really curious about how we line up on the weekend, and whether we stick with that 4-4-2 to accommodate both Keogh and Taggart that saw us concede so many goals last season. We've also got plenty of options in midfield and attack, so not sure what the best line-up looks like.

I assume Mills is still injured - Can Poscoliero play LB? Otherwise I'd be okay with Lowry to LB and Poscoliero to CB to keep Warren on the bench.

-----------Reddy
Neville-Grant-Lowry-Warren
---------Torres-Andreu
Nichols---------------Castro
--------Keogh-Taggart

Something like the above? I feel like I have no idea. Leaves Wilson and Brimmer and Harold out, and Nichols is probably better centrally as the formation above will concede space wide and probably end up dragging the two central midfielders wide to help our full backs.

Could go something like this to play Nichols centrally - leaves Taggart out:

-----------Reddy
---------Torres-Andreu
----Harold - Nichols - Castro
-----------Keogh

Anyone got any other ideas? I haven't seen any pre-season games other than the FFA Cup debacle so am basically guessing.

Personally I don't think Kenny leaves Taggart out. I'm not sure what formation we'll play but I think the side will look pretty similar to the way we finished last season. The only changes will be Neville for Risdon, Torres for Griffiths, and Nichols for Harold with Grant and Lowry coming back in to the centre of defence. I think Kenny really rates Chianese (no idea why) and can see him starting ahead of Andreu. If Mills is still unfit then Warren will be the left back.

Personally I don't think Kenny leaves Taggart out. I'm not sure what formation we'll play but I think the side will look pretty similar to the way we finished last season. The only changes will be Neville for Risdon, Torres for Griffiths, and Nichols for Harold with Grant and Lowry coming back in to the centre of defence. I think Kenny really rates Chianese (no idea why) and can see him starting ahead of Andreu. If Mills is still unfit then Warren will be the left back.

Makes sense - I agree re Taggart.

So maybe something like:

-----------Reddy
---------Torres-Wilson/Brimmer
Nichols---------------Castro
--------Keogh-Taggart

Warren will probably start unfortunately. Lowry has hardly played at left back since at Glory and can't see Kenny changing..he rarely does. Thankfully Risdon won't be charging at him down the right on Sunday.

It's a 4-4-2 but Keogh plays a more deeper role helping the midfield with Taggart at the end of the move more often than not. I'd rather see Harold start ahead of Pablo Nicholls too. He had a tremendous season and his burst of pace was one of our highlights last year along with his assists. Nicholls as the work rate of a sloth. The only questionable spot is attacking midfield. I'd like Wilson but haven't seen enough of Brimmer. Anyway, one of those two.

Reddy, Neville, Lowry, Grant, Warren, Torres, Wilson, Castro, Harold, Keogh, Taggart.

Squad for the weekend. I had no idea Nichols was suspended No Keogh listed is a surprise so I am hoping it is a mistake.

Alex GRANT
Marc WARREN
Shane LOWRY
Jacob POSCOLIERO
Joel CHIANESE
Xavi TORRES
Nick FEELY (GK)
Chris HAROLD
Brandon WILSON
Joseph MILLS
Diego CASTRO
Andreu GUERAO
Joe KNOWLES
Jake BRIMMER
Adam TAGGART
Scott NEVILLE
Liam REDDY (GK)

Unavailable: 6.Mitch NICHOLS (suspended – 3 weeks), 25.Daniel STYNES (hamstring 9-12 weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back