2017 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't mind the thought of miles from tigers be good addition to midfield good in under type player thoughts?
Noble has stated 'inside mids' as well so he could be a very big possibility. See Brendan Ah Chee is most probably on the move and Ben Kennedy has been delisted. I'm all for bringing in more mids just don't want to be using anything more than third rounders from this years draft and fourth rounders from next years.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Picks 1, 12, 18, 41

FA Loss: Rockliff = Pick 19.

Brisbane:
In:
2, 20, 23, 25(5000)
Out:1,18,19(4933)

Gold Coast:
In:
1,18,19 (4933)
Out: 2, 20,23,25 (5000)

2, 12, 20,23,25,41

Perhaps Gold Coast need something extra? Gives us the flexibility to grab two players in that 22-25(Cameron and Miles) range that Noble mentioned, match a bid for Ballenden and still have picks 2 and 12.

Brisbane:
In:
Anthony Miles
Out: Pick 41

Richmond:
In:
Pick 41
Out: Anthony Miles

Brisbane:
In:
Charlie Cameron
Out: Pick 20

Adelaide:
In:
Pick 20
Out: Charlie Cameron

Pick 2: Paddy Dow/Jaidyn Stephenson
Pick 12: Andrew Brayshaw
Pick 23: James Worpel
Pick 25: Ballenden

Hodge...

Gardiner Andrews Hodge
Witherden McStay Mayes

Christensen Beams McCluggage

Robinson Walker Taylor
Cameron Hipwood Schache

Foll: Martin, Rich, Zorko

Int: Miles, Robertson, Berry, Matho

Depth: Bastinac, Lester, Keays, Bell, Bewick, Cox, Allison, Barrett, Draftees.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like it but would prefer someone else at pick 23. Any chance Bonar is at 23? Talk of him top 10 but I just can't see a club taking that risk especially after 2 knee recos altough admittedly the second operation wasn't a 'fresh' injury it would have still been operated on.

Bonar is hard to place. 50/50 at being available at that pick. Went with Worpel as a slider as I think he'll end up being one of the top players from this years draft.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Picks 1, 12, 18, 41

Brisbane:
In:
2, 20, 23, 25(5000)

Gold Coast:
In:
1,18,19 (4933)

2, 12, 20,23,25,41

Perhaps Gold Coast need something extra? Gives us the flexibility to grab two players in that 22-25(Cameron and Miles) range that Noble mentioned, match a bid for Ballenden and still have picks 2 and 12.

Brisbane:
In:
Anthony Miles

Richmond:
In:
Pick 41

Brisbane:
In:
Charlie Cameron

Adelaide:
In:
Pick 20

Hodge...

Gardiner Andrews Hodge
Witherden McStay Mayes

Robinson Walker Taylor
Cameron Hipwood Schache

Looks good to me. That's 7 players in... so we would also have to delist/trade Close and C Beams (or someone else) to make it possible, and not upgrade Hammelmann. I like the draft selections though from what I've seen, I'd prefer Hunter Clark to Andrew Brayshaw, if he was still available at 12. Would Gold Coast trade 4 picks for 3 though, what do they really gain, unless there's only one of the top 4 that they really want and we're likely to take him? And we only really need to do it if Cameron says he wants to be traded, otherwise we might as well stick with 1, 12, 18, 19.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Picks 1, 12, 18, 41

Brisbane:
In:
2, 20, 23, 25(5000)

Gold Coast:
In:
1,18,19 (4933)

2, 12, 20,23,25,41

Brisbane:
In:
Anthony Miles

Richmond:
In:
Pick 41

Brisbane:
In:
Charlie Cameron

Adelaide:
In:
Pick 20

Hodge...

Gardiner Andrews Hodge
Witherden McStay Mayes

Robinson Walker Taylor
Cameron Hipwood Schache

Rumour is that Essendon are majorly in to Andrew Brayshaw, to the point that their pick 11 is practically off the table for a trade.

If we went for Dow at pick 2, I'd seriously consider Bonar at pick 12 depending on his medical at the combine. Would happy with Hunter Clark or O'Brien.

Looks good to me. That's 7 players in... so we would also have to delist/trade Close and C Beams (or someone else) to make it possible, and not upgrade Hammelmann. I like the draft selections though from what I've seen, I'd prefer Hunter Clark to Andrew Brayshaw, if he was still available at 12. Would Gold Coast trade 4 picks for 3 though, what do they really gain, unless there's only one of the top 4 that they really want and we're likely to take him? And we only really need to do it if Cameron says he wants to be traded, otherwise we might as well stick with 1, 12, 18, 19.

Rockliff leaving and us receiving pick 19 in compo is one of those some else "outs".

Flea_29

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bonar is hard to place. 50/50 at being available at that pick. Went with Worpel as a slider as I think he'll end up being one of the top players from this years draft.
I'm with you Cotter101 on J Worpel - of the few times I have seen him play, he has a real hardness about him. Has leadership qualities and is an inside mid/contested ball beast.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't mind the thought of miles from tigers be good addition to midfield good in under type player thoughts?
Seen miles play on numerous occasions and is a GOOD VFL /NEAFL player. Has only got one gear and is a depth player.....not a starting 22 player. Ben Kennedy is similar thus delisted.

Seen miles play on numerous occasions and is a GOOD VFL /NEAFL player. Has only got one gear and is a depth player.....not a starting 22 player. Ben Kennedy is similar thus delisted.
I haven't seen anything of Miles in the VFL this year but his exposed form at senior level in prior years is reasonable. A fourth and a sixth in B&F counting in 2015/16 suggests that his form was a bit better than VFL/NEAFL level. The guy also polled 9 Brownlow votes one year too which is an OK effort.

I'm not desperate to sign him but he'd add something to our list IMO.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rumour is that Essendon are majorly in to Andrew Brayshaw, to the point that their pick 11 is practically off the table for a trade.

If we went for Dow at pick 2, I'd seriously consider Bonar at pick 12 depending on his medical at the combine. Would happy with Hunter Clark or O'Brien.

Rockliff leaving and us receiving pick 19 in compo is one of those some else "outs".

I would be against O'Brien with a top 20 pick personally.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames

Rockliff would make 5 out from primary list. We only delisted 4 from primary list plus Grewar. Hence the need for 2 more. I counted Rocky.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Picks 1, 12, 18, 41

Brisbane:
In:
2, 20, 23, 25(5000)

Gold Coast:
In:
1,18,19 (4933)

2, 12, 20,23,25,41

Brisbane:
In:
Anthony Miles

Richmond:
In:
Pick 41

Brisbane:
In:
Charlie Cameron

Adelaide:
In:
Pick 20

Hodge...

Gardiner Andrews Hodge
Witherden McStay Mayes

Robinson Walker Taylor
Cameron Hipwood Schache

Nah, Ballenden situation means we won't do this.

He probably doesn't get a top 18 pick at this stage which means we can use both 18 & 19 on other players, but will go before 25.

Say Ballenden gets bid on at 22, we essentially turn 1, 18, 19, Ballenden with a later pick and some easy cheap points into 2, 20, Ballenden, 25. We lose out.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hopefully it's band 2 for Rocky. Then our second rounder for Cameron.

If we don't get Cameron I wonder if we'd look at trading the band 2 pick for an early second round pick in next years draft.

Maybe Carlton will need it this year for Kennedy?

Jman78

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Really? I though Bonar was a definite first rounder, I'd like to get that kid in Lions colours, Worpel would be gold though too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back