List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most BigFooty members could do a better impersonation of an AFL insider than the 14-year-old running the Trade Whisperer account.

Jack Watts looks like he could be on the move. Probably wants to stay in Victoria. Howe and Dunn are already at Collingwood, who have been quiet so far. Therefore:

#MRLEAKS

Can confirm that Collingwood have inquired about out of favour Melbourne star Jack Watts.

There's been a strong push from a couple high-ranking officials who want to bring him to the club.

#WHISPERZZ

Then after the trade-period

#MRLEAKS

Nathan Buckley reportedly put his foot down on any potential Jack Watts acquisiton.

According to one player agent, this has created more tension between the list-management team and Buckley.

#TOTALLYREALNEWS

Yep AFL Trade Whisperer AKA Sheahan - about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Probably one pissed off manager has gotten in his ear - nekminnit North are the worst club around to deal with. Yeah right....

I used to think it was Sheehan, now I think it’s more then one. Has a bit of Nathan Brown vibe at times

Lennon would be a delisted FA no?
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Primary List

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

Not too sure but my comprehension reaches new lows after mocha coffees.

Would be utterly extraordinary if the numerous members of our football department quite literally just forgot to turn up to a meeting with a potential free agent, to whom the club would commit safely over half a million dollars to per annum, after organising a time, place and strategy with the player and his manager.

If, of course, the meeting was supposed to happen at all, or we had any interest in Rockliff whatsoever, which hasn't been reported by anyone.

Seriously, for what that bloke's saying to be true, Joyce, McMahon and presumably whoever else was organised to come to a meeting with Rockliff to woo him to the club, would have had to have organised a venue to meet Rockliff at, that wasn't at Arden Street. They would have had to have nominated a time with Rockliff and his manager, presumably had multiple conversations to gauge Rockliff's interest and his availability, gotten a confirmation and a set time out of the manager, then every single person involved in the organisational process must have just forgotten about it and not turned up.

And it couldn't've been at Arden Street, because it's not like Rockliff would've sat in the front foyer while the receptionist buzzed up to Cam Joyce's office, and Joyce sits there going "uhhhh.. Rockliff.. Rockliff.. no.. I don't think so, not today?"

Sorry. It's horseshit. Complete horseshit.
And this is why his Tweets should be banned here. So people don't waste their time on his made up BS. (well said BTW but he isnt worth your valuable time)

Funnily enough I heard Jack watts interview earlier today - he's contracted and basically said he doesn't want to leave but is exploring options. If nothing is there that he likes he wants to stay at Melbourne. Strange....

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Primary List

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

Not too sure but my comprehension reaches new lows after mocha coffees.

So, Lennon is about to become a UFA by virtue of the first category: "Players delisted by a club"

I actually like the idea of us taking a reactive stance since we missed out on Martin & Kelly.

If the notion in the media and certain elements of the public that we are "desperate for anything" and "not a destination club" has permeated club land, then the correct stance is to be indifferent with any club or player agent that insults our standing and tries to make us a part of cheap plays.

We're open for business, but we're not open for bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have another “Barret” clone that makes up negative things about north for no ******* reason

I have actually forgotten the last time we were seen in a positive light in the media

I actually like the idea of us taking a reactive stance since we missed out on Martin & Kelly.

If the notion in the media and certain elements of the public that we are "desperate for anything" and "not a destination club" has permeated club land, then the correct stance is to be indifferent with any club or player agent that insults our standing and tries to make us a part of cheap plays.

We're open for business, but we're not open for bullshit.

the only issue with that is, the dumbshit said we were lazy, and late to a meeting with kelly...
after trying to get the guy for 4 years, do you really think we would be late?

the only issue with that is, the dumbshit said we were lazy, and late to a meeting with kelly...
after trying to get the guy for 4 years, do you really think we would be late?

Mate, we were 12 years EARLY to our meetings with Kelly

Would be utterly extraordinary if the numerous members of our football department quite literally just forgot to turn up to a meeting with a potential free agent, to whom the club would commit safely over half a million dollars to per annum, after organising a time, place and strategy with the player and his manager.

If, of course, the meeting was supposed to happen at all, or we had any interest in Rockliff whatsoever, which hasn't been reported by anyone.

Seriously, for what that bloke's saying to be true, Joyce, McMahon and presumably whoever else was organised to come to a meeting with Rockliff to woo him to the club, would have had to have organised a venue to meet Rockliff at, that wasn't at Arden Street. They would have had to have nominated a time with Rockliff and his manager, presumably had multiple conversations to gauge Rockliff's interest and his availability, gotten a confirmation and a set time out of the manager, then every single person involved in the organisational process must have just forgotten about it and not turned up.

And it couldn't've been at Arden Street, because it's not like Rockliff would've sat in the front foyer while the receptionist buzzed up to Cam Joyce's office, and Joyce sits there going "uhhhh.. Rockliff.. Rockliff.. no.. I don't think so, not today?"

Sorry. It's horseshit. Complete horseshit.

Yep.

All of them, ALL OF THEM, standing around with dick in hand intentionally not turning up to a pre organized meeting.

Can definitely see how that could be true.

Yep.

All of them, ALL OF THEM, standing around with dick in hand intentionally not turning up to a pre organized meeting.

It actually did happen back in the late 70's.

Then again, we had about 10 of the best 20 players in the comp strolling around Arden Street back in those days.

Of course TTW is a major source of bullshit.

Yep.

I have heard absolutely zero from any source indicating we're even interested in Rockliff.

Trade whisperer is a fraud.

Can't no show a meeting that never existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back