What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i feel a bit sorry for Deledio.

Played 240 odd games over 12 seasons with Richmond and was a top 3 players in most of those. Gets fed up with the club constantly choking and stuffing about just outside the finals and the year he moves Richmond win the flag with a soft draw.
Anyone who thinks a club wins a flag because of a draw is delusional. They won. They were the best team in 2017.

Geez people are hard to please.

You had the softest draw. You played like 3 out of 4 of the bottom sides twice.

You played all 3 finals at the MCG. **** off.

And we smashed all 3 of the other top 4 sides in finals.

Beautiful.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The soft draw argument is a cop out, just bitter idiots trying to find a reason why we weren't deserving premiers...

If we had a hard draw and the umpires favoured the Crows giving them 40 more free kicks, you people would still find a reason to say why we shouldn't have won.

If we had only done anything good because of a soft draw, we would have gone out in straight sets.

You look desperately for something, youll see it,
Unpopular opinion from a Crowie.......Richmond deserved that flag.

Wanted it more than us on the day and in reality had a very decent season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We could have done the same with the same advantages and at the end of the day that QF should be at SS. You got gifted a home final

They've played one final there in 120 years. Why all the complaining now?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
You must have a very s**t life then ThePhreshOne. People who revel in other people's misfortune need help IMHO.

May be worth your while reading the comment I was actually replying too, careful not to play the man too hard though commenting on peoples lives! Might get you a ban ;)

BTs Nana

All Australian
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
They've played one final there in 120 years. Why all the complaining now?

Mate the complaining has been going on for years. It's the only thing I feel sorry for Geelong about. Why they don't stand up to it I have no idea

Mate the complaining has been going on for years. It's the only thing I feel sorry for Geelong about. Why they don't stand up to it I have no idea

Ah well, better luck next year mate.

Seeing as though my thread got removed (without reason) I will move the discussion here.

I believe either North or Gold Coast will be relocated to Tasmania in the next 5-10 years.

Speaking as a Tasmanian, we don't want them :p.

Agree though.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adelaide played 2 finals at the Adelaide Oval and the Grand Final at the MCG.

Play all four of your finals away from your home ground and win the flag, get on our level.

Adelaide were minor premiers, You were not top of the ladder in 2016. They had to fly to the game & play in a hostile venue. You guys did not. Yes it was a great win but not the same as Adelaide's treatment. Richmond played at home with all that advantage.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide were minor premiers, You were not top of the ladder in 2016. They had to fly to the game & play in a hostile venue. You guys did not. Yes it was a great win but not the same as Adelaide's treatment. Richmond played at home with all that advantage.
Then you could argue that Adelaide only finished top because they had that advantage more often than Victorian clubs who split crowds weekly.

It's such a weak and sooky argument.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Then you could argue that Adelaide only finished top because they had that advantage more often than Victorian clubs who split crowds weekly.

It's such a weak and sooky argument.

Of course it is.

It flys in the face of the VFL mentality. How dare someone question the fairness of top side playing an away game for a GF.

In no way could you begin to call it a neutral venue for any non Melbn team. Its worse now that many of those sides play games in Tasmania, ACT, NT FNQ & even less at the MCG then ever before.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Of course it is.

It flys in the face of the VFL mentality. How dare someone question the fairness of top side playing an away game for a GF.

In no way could you begin to call it a neutral venue for any non Melbn team. Its worse now that many of those sides play games in Tasmania, ACT, NT FNQ & even less at the MCG then ever before.
The same can be said for the home and away season, clearly giving those clubs an advantage every home game.

You can't have one without the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back