What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide were minor premiers, You were not top of the ladder in 2016. They had to fly to the game & play in a hostile venue. You guys did not. Yes it was a great win but not the same as Adelaide's treatment. Richmond played at home with all that advantage.
Sorry, what?

We played West Coast in Perth, won that.

Hawthorn at the MCG, won that.

We won't call the Prelim a hostile crowd, or the Grand Final for that matter.

The fact that Adelaide finished on top says to me they were the best side all year, except they managed to balls it all up when it matters. So you played one game in front of what you perceive to be a hostile crowd, despite both teams members being offered the same amount of tickets, and two games in hostile environments to get you there in the first place. But Adelaide's treatment.. Right?

Sorry, what?

We played West Coast in Perth, won that.

Hawthorn at the MCG, won that.

We won't call the Prelim a hostile crowd, or the Grand Final for that matter.

The fact that Adelaide finished on top says to me they were the best side all year, except they managed to balls it all up when it matters. So you played one game in front of what you perceive to be a hostile crowd, despite both teams members being offered the same amount of tickets, and two games in hostile environments to get you there in the first place. But Adelaide's treatment.. Right?

I said, you had to travel because you weren't on top of the ladder. Thats fair enough. Adelaide on the other hand were on top of the ladder but had to play the 3rd placed Richmond ,on their own home ground & in an obviously partisan environment. Also the fact Adelaide play so few games at the MCG & not in front of a huge baying crowd. It gives Vic teams a huge advantage.

Not sure what the club I support has to do with it. In fact it's completely irrelevant.
Age could be relevant in explaining the constant crying poor though.

This is the pot calling the kettle back. You want me not to brandish a whole club supporter base but fail to see that Age has no impact on the validity of what I say.

-Gerard Whately is overrated and a drooling idiot could boost his stature in the game sitting opposite Robbo 4 days a week.
- Scott Pendlebury has the same amount of time as every other player
- Lions and Suns are hard done by umps most weeks even when playing at home
- Chris Scott doesn't get enough credit for Geelong winning the 2011 GF

This is the pot calling the kettle back. You want me not to brandish a whole club supporter base but fail to see that Age has no impact on the validity of what I say.
A rhetorical question is quite different though and age absolutely can have an impact on the validity of an opinion, if it didn't you'd be able to vote at 13.
Very different things.

The same can be said for the home and away season, clearly giving those clubs an advantage every home game.

You can't have one without the other.

The thing is though, the Crows get 10 home games, 2 neutral games and 10 away games
This year Richmond had 5 home, 10 neutral and 7 away

Let’s say hypothetically you win all home, lose all away and split your neutrals

Crows win 11 Tigers win 10
Compare to the Pies who win 10 and a half

Also add in the financial gain vic clubs get from having more games were two supporter groups can easily attend. Where is this advantage?

The thing is though, the Crows get 10 home games, 2 neutral games and 10 away games
This year Richmond had 5 home, 10 neutral and 7 away

Let’s say hypothetically you win all home, lose all away and split your neutrals

Crows win 11 Tigers win 10
Compare to the Pies who win 10 and a half

Also add in the financial gain vic clubs get from having more games were two supporter groups can easily attend. Where is this advantage?
A lot of assumptions going on here... that kind of supports my point.

You could also argue the financial gain of being a one or two town team.
There are advantages and disadvantages for each that counter each other.

Sloane is overrated and doesn't do enough away from home. He's not in the top echelon of players and I'd rate guys like Bontempelli, Fyfe, Ablett, Kelly, Kennedy, Selwood, Parker as better. He only polled votes twice away from home this year against a fairly poor Hawthorn and a Gold Coast sode going through the motions. There's no point only playing well in your home deck when the rest of the side plays well too.

-Gerard Whately is overrated and a drooling idiot could boost his stature in the game sitting opposite Robbo 4 days a week.
- Scott Pendlebury has the same amount of time as every other player
- Lions and Suns are hard done by umps most weeks even when playing at home
- Chris Scott doesn't get enough credit for Geelong winning the 2011 GF
Nice post.
I don't mind Whateley but I agree anyone with a decent IQ looks good in what is mostly an industry full of bogans in business shirts.
Pendles does have more time. It's because he swaggers when he runs and it always looks like he is about to dish it off so the opposition are trying to cover the other Collingwood players that they think he is about to give it to.
If I saw the Lions and Suns play this year I could comment but I can't remember watching them.
Chris Scott could have easily come in and tried to "clean up" Geelong but he was smart enough to recongise how good that team was and guided them to another flag. I think the question is whether he can create his own flag. We don't know yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said, you had to travel because you weren't on top of the ladder. Thats fair enough. Adelaide on the other hand were on top of the ladder but had to play the 3rd placed Richmond ,on their own home ground & in an obviously partisan environment. Also the fact Adelaide play so few games at the MCG & not in front of a huge baying crowd. It gives Vic teams a huge advantage.

Since the inception of the AFL, the clubs that reside outside of Victoria are always sour when they loose and sight having to TRAVEL to the MCG/Waverley as their demise. If they are successful, it's all about how they RAIDED the Victorians and TOOK the cup away from them. I think, until they loose the log on their shoulder and accept that is where the GF is played, the 'us versus them' is the worst motivator for success. It turns your club into flat track bullies

Since the inception of the AFL, the clubs that reside outside of Victoria are always sour when they loose and sight having to TRAVEL to the MCG/Waverley as their demise. If they are successful, it's all about how they RAIDED the Victorians and TOOK the cup away from them. I think, until they loose the log on their shoulder and accept that is where the GF is played, the 'us versus them' is the worst motivator for success. It turns your club into flat track bullies
As opposed to the whinging about academies etc?

Cant whinge about fairness on advantage then demand its just the way it is for other advantages that benefit you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We could have done the same with the same advantages and at the end of the day that QF should be at SS. You got gifted a home final

Geelong have played 1 final at Kardinia Park and all of a sudden it's a travesty that they have to play at the G.

'Us V them' is the worst motivator of success!!!!!

Do you really believe that crap? What do you thinks motivates the never ending Big V mentality we get on BF ad nauseam?. The stuff about 'its our competition' whenever anyone brings up anything about the equity & fairness in the competition?.

I mean, give us a break. You may kid yourself & all those in one state because it suits their narrative. But its clearly unfair & needs to change to keep some small level of veracity in this otherwise bent system.

What unpopular afl opinions do you have?

Richmond will begin a dynasty like no other making the MCG into their own personal Colosseum feasting on other clubs for our own entertainment and satisfaction. After 37 cold winters, 1 premiership is only an appertif to whet the appetite. With over a 100,000 members soon to be the Tiger Army will take over the AFL and everyone will bow in homage. It has been written.

Mine is Collingwood should forget about playing charity big blockbuster games and propping up others and just concentrate on having on field success. I can't remember ever being so agro about a footy match as I was during QB 2017.
Fixed result and would prefer not having clubs playing out of their skins in their "grand final" against us

Mine is Collingwood should forget about playing charity big blockbuster games and propping up others and just concentrate on having on field success. I can't remember ever being so agro about a footy match as I was during QB 2017.
Fixed result and would prefer not having clubs playing out of their skins in their "grand final" against us

They should play all their home games at Etihad on a Sunday and wear an away strip when they vs Port Adelaide in Adelaide.

Must be tough having to play away at the G....

Lol, what a pathetic whinge :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back