Tyrone Vickery's regret

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply put, I don't know or care if it has been posted already; Tyrone Vickery would not have fit the way that Richmond want to play this year. Neither he nor Deledio would have played this year, as I doubt they would have stuck fat with Vickery when he didn't apply pressure or make the contests desired of him.

Also, keeping Vickery would have caused logistical problems meaning that they may not have acquired the players that they were chasing.
Your logic flies in the face of big foott

Is this the same Tyrone Vickery that got dropped twice late last year whilst Richmond was playing crap and trying a bunch of kids? His papers were stamped last year and Richmond was going to delist him or trade him for anything. Like guys like Morris and Hunt, Hardwick eventually figured out that this guy wasn't very good. I mean the club has played two first rounders (Lennon and Ellis) in the seconds almost all year because they don't think they're ready for AFL footy, it's Hardwick finally making hard calls like this which has allowed the team to get better. I seriously doubt he'd get a game this year.

If anything, Vickery should feel regretful for not applying himself better when he was at the tigers. Although I reckon we stuffed him up by trying to make him a forward when he was a ruckman.
Vickery had some talent, particularly his set shot kicking, but he never wanted it badly enough.Top level football is not his game.

In the off season he should go into Clarko office and negotiate some sort of settlement. Go become a lawyer, or what ever it he was studying at uni.

Vickery was best 22 at Richmond when he left, and there was a big hole left in Richmond's forward line as a result of his departure.

Hardwick tried to fill the hole with Griffiths, but Griffiths was injured in round 2 and wasn't seen again this year, Hampson was injured all year and didn't play a game, and Ivan Soldo was tried and tested but that experiment didn't work out.
Nah he wasn't best 22 and there was no big hole when he left. By the end of our 2016 season he was out of favour.

"Vickery, 26, has played his last game for Richmond after a turbulent season that saw him dropped twice and overlooked in the final fortnight for fringe key position pair Todd Elton and Callum Moore."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/44b6301711b5a158299613e9ddf37d80

TV never worked on his talent.

A grade football and physical talent

Something else (attitude) must be why he didn't/hasn't make it.

When on, something special. Just one game every month or two isn't worth it.

Hope he pulls his finger out and plays quality footy for the Hawks. Like him. Just has to play hard aggressive football and run. Too casual.

It now needs to be asked whether Tyrone Vickery would be regretting his decision to leave Richmond.

He could have stayed at Richmond and been part of a historic premiership, instead he opted to leave the club for more money and is now plying his trade at Box Hill.

Do you think that Vickery is regretting his decision?

Don,t think he would have been on the ground at 2.30pm last Saturday any way.

It's himself he needs to change not teams.

If Vickery stayed he would've played all year due to injuries to KPP's, the mosquito fleet would've never happened, our forward pressure would've been rubbish, and we wouldn't have won the flag.

All jokes aside, if Vickery stayed Richmond wouldn't have won the flag.

It now needs to be asked whether Tyrone Vickery would be regretting his decision to leave Richmond.

He could have stayed at Richmond and been part of a historic premiership, instead he opted to leave the club for more money and is now plying his trade at Box Hill.

shout out to Ty and Lids. I feel for their status atm

True he'd get picked, then stink it up. He wasn't a tiger in his last year he was he he wasn't a tiger, fully glad he was gone

I’ve seen Deledio have plenty 3 goal 30 possession game. Will be remembered as a Tigers great 20-30 years down the track

If you ask me or 80% of Tigers supporters I’m sure Deledio would be rated above Jack Graham or Townsend. You have to agree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen Deledio have plenty 3 goal 30 possession game. Will be remembered as a Tigers great 20-30 years down the track

If you ask me or 80% of Tigers supporters I’m sure Deledio would be rated above Jack Graham or Townsend. You have to agree?
Rating as a player and ability to play a role are often confused.
Unless Lids bought into the defensive mantra he would not have been better than Graham.
Graham kicked 3 goals and then shut down Sloane who was on fire at the time.

I doubt Lids could have done that.

As others have said, if Ty was still there we're probably still persisting with him in the seniors (and probably getting very little from him) and we don't win the flag.

Deledio is a more complicated question, not sure whether he would've got a game for us or not in hindsight, but him not being there potentially saved us from a selection headache anyway.

Unless Lids bought into the defensive mantra he would not have been better than Graham.

It's not Graham he would've replaced, it would've been Townsend as Townsend was the one being asked to play an accountable role in the air, which was always a strength of Lids.

The list of players making mega bucks because they are tall is long and not particularly distinguished. Ty, Tippett, Boyd, Jenkins, Clarke. One day clubs will figure it out

True, but you can't do it with no talls, and if you're doing it with just one, they need to be a very versatile player who can compete at ground level too. For example, Richmond couldn't have pulled this off with a player like Hawkins (or Vickery) as the sole tall.

The list of players making mega bucks because they are tall is long and not particularly distinguished. Ty, Tippett, Boyd, Jenkins, Clarke. One day clubs will figure it out

Who is Clarke?

also, the economic theory of crowding out. Valid in Dangerfield and Adelaide, and Buddy at Hawthorn. Both were replaced by multiple other players who could not sneeze in their direction with respect to the talent gap. But the teams got materially better, by replacing them with inferior players, who were not exactly substitutes, but filled other roles. Lids could have been a similar phenomenon. *could.

Last edited:

Mate Tyrone leaving is the reason Richmond won. Dimma should be giving his medal to Ty a la Beveridge.

also, the economic theory of crowding out. Valid in Dangerfield and Adelaide, and Buddy at Hawthorn. Both were replaced by multiple other players who could not sneeze in their direction with respect to the talent gap. But the teams got materially better, by replacing them with inferior players, who were not exactly substitutes, but filled other roles. Lids could have been a similar phenomenon. *could.
#meds
Crowding out is a situation where personal consumption of goods and services and investments by business are reduced because of increases in government spending and deficit financing sucking up available financial resources and raising interest rates.
http://study.com/academy/lesson/crowding-out-in-economics-definition-effects-quiz.html
meds? Ty Vickery? its the government brah

medusala

Remove this Banner Ad

Back