Lockatronicus

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2014
Back Streets of Mogadishu
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mogadishu Black Hawks
Our big backs are the best they have been in a long time with the addition of (a fit) Alex Silvagni and the revelation that is Liam Jones, along with the mediums Lachie Plowman and Jacob Writering. Caleb Marchbank seems solid as well.

A big bodied skilled forward is one of the things we are missing and possibly Sam Rowe could fill that void. He is built like a brick shithouse and can take a mark over head or at least bring the ball to ground and also is a much better kick than Casboult.

Play Levi more as a link player up the ground. I know we have been sending weitering up forward too I just don't see him as a key forward yet.

Maybe a bad idea but worth a shot.

What do you think.

Our big backs are the best they have been in a long time with the addition of (a fit) Alex Silvagni and the revelation that is Liam Jones, along with the mediums Lachie Plowman and Jacob Writering. Caleb Marchbank seems solid as well.
A big bodied skilled forward is one of the things we are missing and possibly Sam Rowe could fill that void. He is built like a brick shithouse and can take a mark over head or at least bring the ball to ground and also is a much better kick than Casboult. Play Levi more as a link player up the ground. I know we have been sending weitering up forward too I just don't see him as a key forward yet.
Maybe a bad idea but worth a shot.
What do you think.
The Writering is certainly on the wall.

Not seeing a great deal of success from having a lot of real tall guys up forward, he's an option there for sure but I think we're better off investing with Casboult and McKay there. Any injuries or form slumps to key tall forwards or backs and he's straight in.

We've got plenty of height on our list and in our 22, someone has to be in reserve which is great for the list as a whole. I think we need to be taking plenty of notice at how teams are winning flags and it's not from having a lot of height up forward, down back yes but up forward not so much.

Rowe will play games next year but possibly not as a permanent best 22 player which is a good sign for a list which should hopefully be improving.

Weitering will be ready to play forward when he's bigger and stronger.

Would prefer a strong mobile forward around the 190cm range who can take a good mark and play a bit in the middle. Think we should be pushing cripps forward a lot more and if we get Kennedy, use him this way too. Gibbs if he stays. Silvagni when he's stronger. Maybe even Alex Silvagni at full forward. Charlie Curnow is the ideal player because he can mark, play center, is very mobile, powerful and applies pressure.

We get too tall, especially up forward then we won't be able to run and apply pressure which is one of the basic fundamentals of footy these days.

Pick the best players for the roles and positions in the side and leave the rest in the reserves.

I've often said he's worth a shot at playing forward for a season or two. Good set of hands and a far better set shot for goal than LC.

When MK is off the ground and we send Casboult into the ruck it would be handy to have another big forward there when he's rucking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we are in 2013.

It didn't work. I won't work.

He's a good defender for the 2nds.

TA

HF. Jack. Casboult. Charlie
FF. Wright. McKay. Pickett

Murphy resting forward, and Lamb. Devon Smith might push Wright or Lamb out of the 22.

Rowe Plays VFL and covers for injuries together with Macreadie and ASOS.

The way adelaides forward line crumbled , the fact that richmond and bulldogs won the last two flags, tells me that mobility in the forward line is king over sheer height. We have casboult and harry, as well we have cripps and charlie to hybrid mid/forward. So keep sam for the inevitable injuries and be satisfied with that

The way adelaides forward line crumbled , the fact that richmond and bulldogs won the last two flags, tells me that mobility in the forward line is king over sheer height. We have casboult and harry, as well we have cripps and charlie to hybrid mid/forward. So keep sam for the inevitable injuries and be satisfied with that

That's the way I see it. I think the tallest we should go is having Casboult, McKay and Charlie in the same line, bringing in Rowe would mean one of those guys has to miss out and I'd rather have Levi over Sam. At least Levi can clunk 'em, smash a few packs, and be involved up the field in the transition out of defence. It all depends on how tall we want to be and that may depend on our acquisitions over the break. As it stands we could start mid/fols of Kreuz, Cripps, Kennedy, Samo, Gibbs and Ed with a forward 6 of Pickett, Charlie, Murphy, Silvagni, Casboult/Mckay and Wright if we only wanted 2 talls, and then there's the further permutations if we add Smith and Raynor or even Lang/Balic/etc

McKay as tall option, Silvagni/Kerr as mobile tall surrounded by smalls & midfielders like Cripps Gibbs Kennedy SPS Murphy Charlie Smith. Modern forward line

I like Rowe but he will become a depth player in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back