FTA-TV Rick and Morty

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I wasn't sure for the first few episodes but once I got hooked I've really enjoyed this. Its like an even geekier version of true detective with so many hidden references and tie ins to other episodes. Like with the fight with the president, Rick says calm down or something to the invisible troopers before the fight even starts and then when the president busts back through the wall riding the robot it would have been easy to rip off the Alien forklift or something but I'm pretty sure that instead it's based on the Boston Dynamics robots.

It doesn't hurt that it's funny as **** either :D. I Just went back and watched a few eipsodes last night as I must have missed the evil Morty episode the first time. Rick sitting the kids down to explain just how little they mean to him had me laughing a lot.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely im not the only one who thought the finale was average

Nah same here.

Not really a fan of the hard reset at the end of the ep either, seemed really rushed and forced. Assume we're pretty much back to season 1 family/dynamics now, meh.

Overall still a good season though and a great show.

Last edited:

EagleMan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
Lucky you, my misses hates it and thinks I’m an even bigger idiot for watching it. So I made my ring tone Pickle Rick :D

tenor.gif

Lucky you, my misses hates it and thinks I’m an even bigger idiot for watching it. So I made my ring tone Pickle Rick :D

Seriously? This is one of the smartest shows on tv.

Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It's interesting the cultural norms. I have the uncensored episodes, and the only swear word Rick never says is the word "C*nt". For some reason Yanks look on this word with abject horror and any visiting 'Straya are amazed when they hear us say things like "Gis a beer c*nt. Cheers c*nt!".

And that we say it with such friendliness too:)

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It's interesting the cultural norms. I have the uncensored episodes, and the only swear word Rick never says is the word "C*nt". For some reason Yanks look on this word with abject horror and any visiting 'Straya are amazed when they hear us say things like "Gis a beer c*nt. Cheers c*nt!".

Great observation campaigner :)

AcuteWhistle

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

Just sent a text to mate to wish him happy birthday. & yes, I called him an 'old campaigner':)

Back